suspension damage

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by PearceYaussy, Oct 19, 2015.

1. PearceYaussy

PearceYaussy Registered

Currently, if you land very hard or hit a curb/large bump extremely hard it does nothing to the suspension. I would like to see the suspension fail if I have too many big impacts like that.

2. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Yeah agree

Post or haybale can bend tie rod

Exactly where are you landing at ? lool

3. PearceYaussy

PearceYaussy Registered

San Fransisco GP comes to mind. That uphill climb...

4. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Ive seen some cars that got their susp damaged by hitting f.e. anticuts too fast, but didnt happen every time.. so its defo in

5. PearceYaussy

PearceYaussy Registered

Oh really? It's never happened to me.

6. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

It happens but not by design from what I can tell. The same issue existed with certain PM files in F1 Challenge and rFactor 1, where certain vertical loadings could cause it to collapse. This was never a feature, rather, a bug. I remember it being a very distinct issue when making the Tyrrell 001 I was working on way back when until I changed the PM. That aside there has always been the more basic damage that comes from a skewed wheel which is definitely a feature of the game.

7. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Doing it accurately (close to real life) would be difficult since 80 % of it is very random and only 20 % is just from outright material wear. But creating generic lookup table for starting suspension wear that goes down in similar fassion to tyre wear. So if you drive like yobbo on curbs like they are marshmallows then your suspension gets damaged slowly bit by bit. Same with harsh bumps. For endurance races it would add yet another layer to think about. I'd love it. One day? Maybe. I surely hope so. Would stop careless drivers from driving like lunatics without any penalty. :p

8. coops

coops Banned

Any damage wud be better than wat we have. They have said it will never be full on with drivers dieing. We just want damage working at a level to match real racing. eg: suspension, panels,wheels,tyres and my favourite if you crash hard you're out of the race no fixing car just sent back to pit race over.

9. PearceYaussy

PearceYaussy Registered

Shoot, I'd be fine with drivers dying honestly. Wreck too hard and you have to make a new profile. Or get injured and you're locked out for 6 weeks to recover. Talk about SIM racing! But that'll never happen.

10. PearceYaussy

PearceYaussy Registered

Yeah for real. I hate slamming into a wall and then driving back to the pits with slightly misaligned steering lol.

11. ErnieDaOage

ErnieDaOage Registered

Happend to me once on limerock park but i don't know in which build it happend. But we were racing the corvettes at limerock park and i broke my suspension on the landing after the uphill jump. Tire was gone and suspension parts too like you hit the wall on a hard impact.

12. jomardi

jomardi Registered