New Install of RFactor2 not loading missing MSVCR110.dll

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Scott_FL, Oct 18, 2015.

1. Scott_FL

Scott_FL Registered

I've downloaded the RF2 demo twice, installed, uninstalled and reinstalled, downloaded and installed the Visual Basic 2010 x86 file twice following links from this forum, with no success. I am running Win 7 64, Gigabyte Z170 gaming 7. Would like any help to get this running.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

There should be four runtime files in the Support\Runtimes folder. Try running all those.

JParra likes this.
  3. Scott_FL

Scott_FL Registered

Support Dir Locationi

Thanks for the info, but I was not able to find the Support\Runtimes folder location. I am trying to run the demo to see if I want to join, but not getting very far.

4. mel1c

mel1c Registered

The default location should be in your Documents folder, then look for: rFactor2\Support\Runtimes

5. Scott_FL

Scott_FL Registered

That got it running thank you for your help.

6. tfriest

tfriest Registered

I tried to upgrade to 1008 from an older version (660) but it wouldn't run after the upgrade.
    I did an install, but never got a launch screen.
    Uninstall, reinstall, still no launch screen.
    Uninstall, rename my documents rfactor2 directory. reinstall, gave launch screen but then I got the missing dll error.
    After running the 64bit versions of the vcredist programs, it stopped giving me the dll errors.

I installed (the latest) Indianapolis and the corvette c6.r, and the sim lets me start a race, but gets into a state where it stutters and hangs (fps drop well below 1).

I have a Win7 x64 on a AMD Athlon quad core with a nvidia gforce 760 (driver updated this month).

Do I need to run the 32 bit versions of the vcredist even though I don't have the force 32 bit checked?

Are there other things that should install or change config to get the game to run?

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yes, you should run them all, but I'm not sure it's responsible for your issue.