Historic Tracks Updated to 2.0

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Oct 16, 2015.

1. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Can't say I like the direction , the color shades remind me of baby poop especially with no HDR.

The thing that made the Historic tracks look nice for me was their grey / lightness. same as iRacing
    The tracks have no morning ambiance now.

I thought Build60 was about as good as it got.

I love the BP signs and Hi res trees but at expense of the ambiance, nuh.

Please woochoo do not do this to Longford.......please.

2. stonec

stonec Registered

Well you shouldn't run HDR off to begin with, but that's another story. I agree with the color issues. The old rF2 critic about saturated colors seems to have been taken too serious and now issue is opposite.

Build 700 something, old track (ok, this is too saturated...)

View attachment 18289

Latest build, old track (perfect)

View attachment 18290

Latest build, latest track (grass looks ill or the season has moved from summer to autumn)

View attachment 18291

Monaco latest build, old track

View attachment 18292

Latest build, new track (less trackside details, Shell sponsor yellow no longer looks yellow, etc)

View attachment 18293

3. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

and put up with this for 4 years !

[​IMG]

You already told me to use HDR......... don't tell me what cars not to drive as well. hehe

I may have opinions but I don't run around telling people to use NO HDR or drive F3s............ lol

Funny thing I bet no one has noticed........... for 4 years when you crash/flip the F3 upside down the windscreen becomes lovely and clear.

Just reverse the windscreen image, problem solved ?

lol p :)

4. Emery

Emery Registered

Monte Carlo - AI is definitely a step better for the historic cars. Main thing I witnessed was throttle-lift oversteer crashes on the uphill which wipes out many AI (Brabham, Eve F1, Spark F1) during starts... either change default setups or use AI learning or maybe more rubbering is necessary before an AI race. Didn't see any chicane events. Earliest Howston G6s & historic F3 were well-behaved. AI is 100% speed, 50% aggression. Helicopter camera is pulled back too far and allows too much glimpse behind the scenes. Spectator colors are too strong, I'm okay with the rest of the ambience.

Belgium - Yea, pit vehicles are no longer mirror glossy! I'm okay with the ambience; things change and we'll get used to it.

Haven't driven either of the new versions enough to judge AI speed. I'm sure someone like Durge or PSR will do that before I ever get there...

5. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

So there is a landmine hidden right in the middle of the road on one of the fastest corners around. Fun fun! :rolleyes:

View attachment 18294

Right about there the car jumped about 6" in the air instantly, swapped ends and ended up in the stable looking building over to the left. I thought I actually got hit by another car, but there was nothing around me at all. Check the replay and sure enough the car magically jumped. Might want to check that area out ISI. If you hit it, you die. There is zero chance for survival.

I can get you a 15 FPS video if you need it, but it's a thing. (running rF2 with DSR, can't record at such a high resolution)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2015
  6. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

My opinion never mattered anyways, watch no one will agree with me............

For what it is worth the F3 has lost her way for a while now, she just don't feel like the same car anymore.

On top of that I waited very patiently, 3 years for fixes to basic stuff in Eve while most here continually ask for wishlist items and rain every month.

I mean having a tyre and rim bead sealed proper is pretty basic..........

v2.0 tracks I feel like I am in Shift and forgot to turn the bloom off.
    No great sense of depth now , cars in distance are not as sharp, objects get muddled.

7. PearceYaussy

PearceYaussy Registered

Yes, yes, and yes. The crappy colors and lighting, worse AI, and now invisible "landmines" that weren't there in the last version?

I think ISI was getting pressure to update the historic tracks, or was rushing to release the new versions before moving to steam, and this was a quick half job that should not have been released until it was finished.

That's what it feels like anyway. I'll stick with the old versions...

8. Minibull

Minibull Member

Just tried over and over and over to get a landmine there, I'm getting nothing. Thats with the 60's F1 and just cause it could be ride height related, the modern F1.

Did it happen only once Matt?

9. PearceYaussy

PearceYaussy Registered

I managed to do it once. It's real lol.

10. Minibull

Minibull Member

Ok, cool. What were you driving when it happened?

11. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

I've only hit it once - so far - but with the way it happens it's almost certainly a track issue. Check out the way the front sort of jiggles but then the rear of the car just explodes.

Video is at a low frame rate as I play rF2 at a resolution I can't record at, gameplay was at my usual capped 90 FPS. This is recorded from a replay, not related to the issue.

12. PearceYaussy

PearceYaussy Registered

68 eve f1

13. PearceYaussy

PearceYaussy Registered

You're SURE there was nothing on the track? I'm not sure at all in my case. If there was a wood stake on the track (which can be very hard to see), sometimes it doesn't show up in the replay because it never puts the stake back where it was before you hit it, so it appears that you're hitting nothing in the replay. I've seen it before, I will hit a cone and when I go back and watch the replay, the cone I hit wasn't there anymore. It's because the replay isn't an actual screen recording, it's just re-driving the exact path you already drove before via some kind of AIW type waypoints combined with car pitch/yaw and other physics related things(or something like that) saved in the VCR file. It usually puts things back where they were, but it's bugged sometimes.

Another possibility is that there is a wood stake there, but it's glitched underneath the track surface so you can't see it, but it still affected the car.

I kind of wonder if that happened to both of us, because I doubt they changed the actual track geometry at all in this update.

EDIT: Ahaaa just like I thought. 0:02 to 0:03 look closely to the right of the track. 3 of the wood stakes are missing. AI went off there the lap before. hahahaha XD

14. Minibull

Minibull Member

Ok cool, cheers for the vid. I've been trying for the last 15 mins just hitting that corner and all I can notice is there is a bump there, or in that area. Sort of a dip, so I wonder if some weird glitch just happened between the underbody and the dip. Hopefully others will chime in if they have the same.
    With the F1 car, modern, you can hear the tray scraping the ground all the time, so I would have thought that would pick up on any issues there eh.

15. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Pearce explanation is plausible to me.

Some of the stuff I seen happen with posts at Belgium your own mother wouldn't believe :)

You got to say it looked funny how it landed on house all 4 wheels.

lol

16. PearceYaussy

PearceYaussy Registered

Haha yeah. I've been killed many times by those little posts. Hit a 1in tall piece of wood with my 1100lb car and go flipping through the air like I just got hit with an RPG?? Is that realistic? :p

17. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

If you listen, you can hear him hit something when he loose control of the car. I'm quite sure there is an invisible obstacle in the middle of the road (probably a small white post). Maybe 2 years ago there was a bug, you could hit invisible haybales. Maybe this is something similar. They are supposed to go away after a while when someone hits them so they are lying in the middle of the road, but they just turn invisible instead. lol.

18. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Spa AI seem a bit scattered. Many incidents ; more than usual. '67 g4. Default setup. Aggression 25%. Strength 100%. Speed seems OK possibly even fast without all the incidents but hard to tell as I am out of practice and only three laps as you can see...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. hammer666

hammer666 Registered

Mostly liking the updates.

Though Monaco, is anyone getting the animation broken on the pit exit guy? He just stands there, tries to raise his arm but can't, poor fella.

20. Lazza

Lazza Registered

There's pills for that :p