rFactor 2 40% Off - Renewals 10% Off

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Oct 15, 2015.

1. blanes

blanes Registered

Ok so it is more that the difference which is 40 aussie going by the price in the link on page 1. But how do I effect that upgrade ?

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

3. Mik23

Mik23 Registered

a question: What does it cost me to change a standard in a lifetime version?

4. Minibull

Minibull Member

Quick note, anyone seen this sale pop up on any simracing news sites? Thought it would be noteworthy

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

6. regged

regged Registered

I've considered upgrading from standard to lifetime a couple of times but the price has put me off, a discount would have made this decision very easy and ISI would be better off and I would have lifetime multiplayer. However the way this has been handled has simply left a bad taste in the mouth and shows little respect to existing non-lifetime members.

rFactor 2 is the best racing simulation software that I have used and I appreciate ISI making it available to us, but if I am to pay more money I want to feel like I am part of this 40% deal and not being left out for some as yet unexplained reason.

Whats also frustrating to me about all this is how many existing non-lifetime members would jump at the chance of upgrading to lifetime if offered the same 40% discount as new users, the people who have asked why there is no discount for them have just been told to deal with it or that they should already have paid for lifetime while showing very little understanding of why they are upset.

7. DocJones

DocJones Registered

Are you also complaining to your local supermarket manager when his apples are on sale, but his bananas are not?

8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

So basically you want it cheaper then? I want everything cheaper but that's not the way life works, funny that!

9. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I think he'd only have to complain if he wanted to upgrade to bananas for good after years of paying a smaller yearly fee to get one banana

10. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

It's just better you buy a new lifetime account. About the upgrade, check the FAQ on the links above or look for Tim's posts, he regularly brings out the link.

11. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

Personally I am very excited by all the new buyers out there who have responded and will respond to these offers. My club had had an influx of drivers and we are welcoming them with open arms with the various bits of hints and tips. We might even to a session on team spek where we help configure a few things here and there. download and install some content etc. Maybe set up a car.

I bought the sim lifetime deal 3 years ago. It was my decision, very happy. If I didnt feel confident that I was going to do 3 years plus and went standard, it is a very nice plan that I can simply pay the upgrade fee. But it's not very grown up to start complaining because 3 years later there is a deal. I mean those people who buy now, they cant have the 3 years we have all had now can they?

Sales happen, deals get offered. Doesn't mean you got a bad deal when you made your decision back then.

12. AlanBernardo

AlanBernardo Registered

What you want, then, is 40% off the cost of going from standard to lifetime? If you were able to get that discount, what then about those who bought the lifetime right off, without the discount? What would they want?

Sales are sales and if you buy something that later goes on sale, that's the way things go.

One thing you could do, if you are planning to go to a lifetime subscription, is to buy that subscription on sale at 40% and then keep the standard.

13. regged

regged Registered

If apples are on sale and bananas aren't, i'd probably be buying the apples - thats how it works, sales encourage people to buy things, thanks for helping make my point.

Lets make this clear, I'm not complaining, I'm just not buying unless there is a sale, I'm trying to point out that there must be a lot of people like me in a similar position, how many sales are ISI losing due to non-lifetime member not being included at all!

To say that wanting things cheaper is not how life works then you must not understand life very well, I want to give ISI more money but there is no extra incentive for me to currently do so. I'm a hotlapper and have an occasional race with the AI, multiplayer would be nice but isn't essential, if lifetime upgrade was on sale i'd buy it, if it isn't then it's simply a lost sale.

14. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

If you went to pay anyone else, shops, a bill, a game , whatever...............

They say " Oh today you get 40% off ! "

You would do backflips, well I would.

lool

Then again you might be a well-heeled conceited AH.

lol

15. Exceleron

Exceleron Registered

Hello,

Can someone (mod/admin) help??

I want to purchase RF2, but even though the sale states it ends at 23:59 EDT today, it is only 21:11 now, and I get a message that the code does not exist or is expired!!! (please see attached screenshot)

Please help.

Thank you.
    View attachment 18309

16. aelm7

aelm7 Registered

Hi there. Having the same problem. If you haven't already, you may want to also send an email to purchase@rfactor.net. Someone might be able to help get the purchase done at the promo price.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2015
  17. aelm7

aelm7 Registered

Hi Exceleron,

If you haven't already, you may want to also send an email to purchase@rfactor.net. Someone will probably be able to help get the purchase done at the promo price.

18. Exceleron

Exceleron Registered

It seems to have been fixed! :)

Purchased, so all good :D

Hurry up, only an hour 37 mins to go!! :cool:

19. aelm7

aelm7 Registered

Thanks Exceleron! :) Purchased as well! :cool:

20. narcolepsy

narcolepsy Registered

Hello, I saw this promotion is on, would like to purchase a license for my brother who's offshore for a month. Is this ok?