rFactor 2 on Steam Q&A

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Oct 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Well it is a "Lite version" in the sense that no content is installed :) The only thing is the cache folder which houses the .rfcmps, but it is completely inactive unless you re-sub to ISI items.

The reason for the caches, so that the basic user doesn't have to re-download items if they unsub and re-sub, or worry about getting all the ISI content on first install. A lot of users enjoy having easy access to our complete catalog of content, but we do realize that some advanced users would like to create a "Lite install", so we give you that possibility, the only difference as I said is you need to download the caches on first install.

2. MrJack

MrJack Registered

ok . Thank you :)

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

To be fair, the OP is correct in that it "looks and behaves exactly like a “Lite” version". It's just a bit heavier :p

4. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Here:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. DocJones

DocJones Registered

Christopher, do you know if there's a way in which one might place all the .rfcmp files with ISI content that I have saved on my local harddrive in that cache folder and have them scanned by steam so that these files don't need to be downloaded once again?

6. Christopher Elliott

Hmm, I don't think this is really possible. If you have the files already, from the Launcher I would browse to the other location you have them all stored and install/uninstall manually.

7. buzard

buzard Registered

Thanks Woodee. Did not know unsubscribe=unfollow. Everyone using different terms for things.

8. tpw

tpw Registered

Can anyone enlighten me as to the lifetime of things in the workshop cache? I was led to believe that approximately 10GB of stuff resided in there after install. I had a look in Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\365960 and there are numerous directories for each workshop item, but most of them are only 2 byte cache files rather than the full rfcmp. For example Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\365960\537633471\ISI_Corvette_C6RGT2_2009-v162.rfcmp.cache -> 2 bytes. The car is actually installed and drivable, but not present in the cache any longer. I haven't unsubscribed anything.

9. Christopher Elliott

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.