[REL] MAK-Corp Group C v0.80 Released

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Petros Mak, Oct 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Ok, it's time to step in here. This thread is for the Group C mod and Group C mod only. StrawmanAndy, Bjorn and Guimengo. I suggest you keep to the topic or I will report your conduct in this thread to ISI.

StrawmanAndy, you have absolutely no clue what happens within MAK-Corp nor do you know of how many cars the community is playing with in various games that are actually built by MAK-Corp. You are oblivious and sit there making allegations and posts as if you know what occurs inside the group when you have absolutely no clue and seems like you wish to promote lies and rumors rather than actual facts. You say our cars are ripped from Forza 99%? Can you back that up? Even ISI can come here and tell you that we are well known in the commercial world for developing and producing all our content from scratch which is why we do work for a lot of companies around the world. Get your facts straight and cut with the rumors.

@Guimengo and Bjorn. Constructive criticism is very welcome in our mods, we encourage it as it's always good for us to hear what the community think. Having said that, the level of conduct that the criticism is portrayed in has been less than admirable from both of you. Calling the physics laughable without actually going into in depth details as to what you think is problematic is laughable in itself. From the very first post you have both began with berating and bashing the group and our work not only on here, but on other websites also. Just the fact it is a MAK-Corp mod is enough for you guys to berate us. This has to stop, if you don't like us or our work, then don't download our mods and don't post in our threads. If you are not going to be a constructive part of our community fanbase, then you may as well not be part of it at all.

I'm not trying to be an asshole here, but people like you seem to think you know absolutely everything about me, about MAK-Corp, our internal affairs and how we operate. You have absolutely no clue and since you have no clue and go off the rumors that many of you make up yourselves, I suggest this stops. You take some idiots hatred of me or the group and you blindly get on the bandwagon without even so much of a second thought and think it's the reality of who I am and what I do. I kindly ask you to stop bashing and berating us at every media platform. If you do not, I will be forced to seek out legal action against you both for the massive amount of slander you have posted all over the net.

I'm not kidding here guys, we work hard and as a company we prioritize our commercial work before anything. Modding is a hobby for us and a side project. If we get mods out, great, if not, we don't care. Our care first and foremost is our commercial clients. If you can't get over the fact that we're not putting 100% into giving you free stuff only to hear you bash on us, then that's your problem. Grow up for gods sake, this is childish behavior.

If any of you have a direct issue with myself, a member of MAK-Corp or MAK-Corp itself, use private messages. Any further public posts off topic and berating us will result in being reported. I hope this thread can go back to being discussing the Group C mod and how we advance it further. If it continues to degrade, I will request Tim to step in and close this thread down and warn the members responsible.

2. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Erm...
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...v0-80-Released?p=396077&viewfull=1#post396077
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...v0-80-Released?p=390731&viewfull=1#post390731 + http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...v0-80-Released?p=390819&viewfull=1#post390819

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2015
  3. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

I stand corrected on your feedback post. My bad, forgot about that one. But ultimately, common guys. I'm just a normal person trying to make things happen. I ain't anything special. I don't understand all the hatred towards me. I work hard with all intentions to get mods done and released, but it's not all in my hands. In the past there were times that people who began certain mods with us decided to give up on those mods, the core team still exists and still works hard during our time away from commercial work to develop mods.

I ain't perfect, I ain't a saint, I'm just me. I am here all the time as is the team working to produce content. I think all these rumors and issues need to be away from the public domain. I am more than happy to answer any questions or concerns anyone may have from rumors they have heard. I'm a pretty down to earth and nice guy when you get to know me. I don't understand why people need to get on the bandwagon and relentlessly bash me and the group for reasons they are not even wholly educated about. I am more than happy to accept my failures and am first to state when I am wrong, I'm only human.

4. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

I never once said it was a Forza model, I said I heard/read a rumour. I even said I don't believe that it was a Forza model but just wanted to ask anyway for clarification. Maybe seems like a dumb question but people have posted illegal content on isi forums before, and the fact it isn't illegal should mean you don't need to get so defensive and attack. I did what you said, asked you guys the question, not a statement saying you had ripped Forza models. Forgive me for being a human and asking a question for some clarification because, you are in charge of these cars and I have no idea how you run your business so I just asked because I know I'm not in charge and I do know nothing about you. You have more hate for me, than I do for you. I'm done being attacked for no reason, so if you are too move on.

5. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I find that much of the critique that is posted in a thread like this, is actually quite good and constructive most of the time.

The problem is that a few people feel the need to marinate their feedback in attitude, sarcasm, condescending remarks etc.
    Cut all that nonsensical BS away, and just leave the feedback and constructive critique instead. No one gets burned, everyone is happy. :)

6. Manav

Manav Registered

Now that the above chapter is closed can we go back to the original discussion! Please release on STEAM

7. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

What is WRONG with you, Yanden, John Petrol, Anonymous, whatever you want to call yourself? Why do you call out Guimengo and I for labelling your physics laughable? I mean ffs!

I never did that, nor did Guimengo - that was someone else, but I guess you just want to put that on us, because you'd like to?

Do you know what I'm tired of? You, pointing me out for no reason here and everywhere else. Yes, I made a list of mods you announced, yet never released, - get over it? Own it, which I stunningly kind of see you doing about this time - cadeaux! Own your faked death as well or is that some evil lie as well?

Here's my 'derating' feedback on the cars in question:
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...v0-80-Released?p=390861&viewfull=1#post390861
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...v0-80-Released?p=391504&viewfull=1#post391504

And yet it ends up with Guimengo and I being bad guys...
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...v0-80-Released?p=399809&viewfull=1#post399809

I mean, come on?!

I like the cars, I've given my thoughts on possible issues - fair and square!

This is the first time I stir in here - and only because you went ahead and asked for it (when you claimed I said something bad, which I sincerely think I did not do!).

And no, I'm no saint either... But so far I haven't done ANYTHING of what you've claimed here or anywhere else so far.

8. PearceYaussy

PearceYaussy Registered

How you can advance it further? Work on the PHYSICS or get help with them, because they are currently questionable. Didn't say I don't love the mod, just telling the truth. Go ahead. Sue me.

Methinks you are blowing this WAY out of proportion. Like you said, mods are just a SIDE PROJECT, a HOBBY for a very talented 3D modeling company. No one is "slandering" you. Chill.

EDIT: As for the "laughable" comment, I'm sorry. I don't always realize what impact certain words can have because I'm not normal. I am diagnosed as "Autistic spectum", so I don't always understand how things like emotions work, and have ruined a lot of relationships that way. I'm sorry if I upset people with my comments.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2015
  9. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

I'd like to know where have I pointed you out? You say everywhere? I use Petros Mak everywhere, and where I can't because they require Discuss or Twitter, I use the official MAK-Corp accounts to post as I always have in all the years. Yes I saw your little tirade at pretendracers which I saw last night with god knows who claiming to be me. I've since made a post there replying to you with the real MAK-Corp account. I'd LOOOOOVE for the administrator there to cross check the IPs, because I have NOTHING to hide. I have never once berated you or anyone else online in any platform. I haven't posted ANYWHERE outside of VirtualR, ISI Forums and AC forums for the last several years. Again, you're seeing someone post about you and you're blaming me and saying it's me, why not come ask me directly???

I have nothing against either of you, I don't know you two outside of the posts you guys make online, at least not with those names I don't. If we've been acquainted in the past on messenger or skype with other names I can't remember. So be sure to get your facts straight about who is REALLY making those posts about you before you start accusing them as being me. I have the proof to show it isn't. Do you have the proof to show it is?

In any case, I think this has blown up and you have to understand why. Every time there is a MAK-Corp article there is a group of the same people who keep berating and bashing and making continuous fake accounts to continue doing so. I welcome you guys and your feedback, I don't want you to stop providing it, I just want it to be constructive.

Now sure my initial post may have mistook some things, I apologize for that, but you can understand the frustration that is acquired when people just seem to want to poke sometimes.

In any case, I hope we can move on and continue to see this mod and others grow. These mods require the feedback from the community, the vast audience they acquire, it gives us great info on all the different situations people put the mod through and what isn't working right. It's the type of feedback that we just can't get through beta testing alone. This is why we release the pre-1.0 builds. It's either doing that and getting the community involved, or not doing that and the community waits even longer to get something that we classify as 1.0 which they may not classify as being good enough as a 1.0 release.

@StrawmanAndy, I have nothing against you, all our models are made from scratch in house, all our work is. The only things that we use which are the base files for the physics to which we change to make our own physics. That is the same process every modder takes. That's not something you can change really, it's standard. All the 3D, 2D, In-game work, Sounds, Animations are all done by our group. I don't hate you dude, I don't even know you outside of this, at least not with that name, your post just came across wrong and it was 3am here when I responded. Maybe it's just me.

In any case, I do think it is right for us to move on and continue advancing this mod. We don't need to be at each others throats that's for sure. So let's get this post back on topic. If any of you guys want to respond, please do so via PM so we can discuss more privately there. I welcome you guys to get to know me personally, see with your own eyes the type of person I am.

10. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Let me explain to you why that is... The thing that was posted on pretendracecars as an attack on me, was copy/paste of a post on VirtualR.net by one John Petrol (it is now removed by F1Racer). THAT is why I put two and two together. John Petrol, Petros... It seemed very convenient! If you say it's not you... That's fine - I'll have to believe you. Checking of IP's would be fine indeed but it'll never happen... Either way it's not true that statement. I had nothing to do with those BTCC cars. Afterwards I've done some light flares and some tire sidewalls, given some feedback on the driving of some of the cars, that's it. It was only to shoot the messenger!

You keep saying I should contact you to 'fix' the image I have of you... An image YOU're responsible for giving me with YOUR actions. Don't you see it should be the other way around? Explain the faked death - all the soap opera that was... TO me. Untill then my view of you probably won't change much... You will remain the one with the extreme excuses, someone I can't help but keeping track of with the help of the non-forgetting innernette! (hence the list (which was a comment on the V8SC thing!) that sparked that 'article' on PRC.net).

If you're so worried and go to the extent of threatening with legal actions (what is even up with that?!?). Why don't you try to undo it - yourself.

I've given my constructive feedback long time ago. It's there for you to read. Consider it, act upon it or let it leak out the other ear. But don't claim I've trashtalked these cars one bit, cause I haven't - quite the opposite.

11. MapleHamwich

MapleHamwich Registered

Holy internet drama batman!

12. Tony

Tony Registered

umm.. sooo fellas, can I just say we're having a great league with these two special cars, so thankyou Petros & your co-modders :)

I'm know I'm not a purist when it comes to handing, & I don't mind that the cars are not totally authentic - I'm enjoying racing them for our hour-long races pretty much as they are. But if they are tweaked & made even better, that's fine too

My only suggestion would be about the Porsche having a bit too much understeer on corner entry - just seems to want to plough-on

My chosen chariot is the Mazda which I find really nicely balanced, & it lets you know when it's starting to give up grip, which is confidence inspiring when I'm on the limit (of my ability, lol)

nb. All above comments are in my humble opinion!!!

13. Lgel

Lgel Registered

14. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I feel like I put the Spanish channel on by mistake and there is an overly dramatic soap on. ;) "El esta muerto!"

Seems to me like each of you are having problems with misunderstandings and not really reading each others posts.

If you don't like a mod, having given feedback, and don't feel it's getting better - don't use it.
    If you're creating a mod, don't like/want/accept the feedback someone is giving - add those users to your ignore list.

15. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Closed by request. New thread will be posted for new version, hopefully with everyone moving forwards instead of wheelspinning and slinging mud.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.