[REL] MAK-Corp Group C v0.80 Released

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Petros Mak, Oct 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andy_rsrf

Andy_rsrf Registered

When the tires screech, then you're already over the limit! lol lol

I hear no tire... just motor and brake discs. Cheers!

2. MrSlowly

MrSlowly Registered

Ok, let me put this in a way everyone will understand:

This is not a "they do nothing, they lose, they release something, they lose", it's a "they do nothing, get called out on it, slap on a new model, change a couple of different numbers on that model, as to not feel the same and release it to quell the uprising". You do have to agree the time was overly convenient.

This is an update to a beta that has been in a 0.3 state for over a year. I did skip that as the only review I saw of it (Jimmy Broadbent's if you want to know) refered to the cars handling as so-so, with too much low speed grip (gee, I wonder who a year and an update later said the exact same thing). Plus the fact that you are ignoring the baulktorque fault, which for the life of me I cannot understand how it made it out of the drawing board, that was my main complaint, tell me you completely missed the point.

Am I saying this mod is bad? No, I'm saying it needs work, and I'm suggesting things that I feel should be changed, because if we only praise the good stuff and gloss over the bad, we end up with pure and utter crap (refer to two modern sims for my point). That being said I do have to praise the models, they look sick even in my potato PC, a good set of physics would make all of us sim nerds drool all over our beer bellies.

P.S.: don't even get me started on payware mods.

3. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

MrSlowly, I know exactly what you mean but a little part in me is still hopeful of something which is why I posted my feedback. There will be those praising anything, let them be, all you/we can do is give feedback.

4. cosimo

cosimo Registered

Thanks Mak, this mod really feels awesome to drive. Took the 962C through the VLN Nordschleife... that put a big smile on my face. Balls of steel not included I guess :)

Appreciated the detailed notes on the cars. Well done.

I noticed the driver head missing on the Porsche 962C when looking at the replay. Not sure what's the problem there.

5. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Are you implying that I blindly praised the mod? Not saying you are, just making sure.
    If you are though, I must have a terrible memory, because I seem to vaguely remember saying that I didn't find the physics "perfect".

I won't post actual, concrete feedback yet, until I've had a proper 1-2 hour stint in the car.
    Me saying the physics aren't "perfect" is based on the short 15 min. stint I had time to do earlier today.
    "Ignoring the baulktorque fault"..? Yes that's right, I am completely ignoring that, along with a ton of other stuff that may still be WIP.
    You know why? Because I've only had a 15 min. run in the car so far. Give it time.

I will however give credit where credit is due.
    I don't care one bit about all the MAK-Corp drama that's been going on these past few days.
    If anything, I find it rather distasteful, some of the things that has been said about them, because of the self righteous sense of entitlement of some in this community.

Whatever MAK-Corp's reason for putting this mod out now, it's out, it's there for the taking, for free.
    Drive it and give the guys some proper feedback so they can keep improving it.

Cynics will say the timing of this release was to cover their own behinds after all the "controversy".
    Others will say it's just modders doing what modders do... release stuff for others to enjoy... for free.

6. MrSlowly

MrSlowly Registered

Good to see we're somewhat on the same page. I was just saying that you sounded a litlle too protective of the mod, I'm not saying it's without it's merit, but there is a lot to improve uppon (and after looking at the hdv files, I do mean a LOT).

I did a short run, felt something was off, looked into the vehicle files, confirmed my suspicions about said flaws and left my opinion in the forums. And although it's still WIP 20 in a world where the scale goes anywhere from 250 to over 1000 is just too outside range to slip by on two cars.
    Btw, MAK, don't you think there's too little downforce in the rear wing compared to the front wing?

I do agree with the last point you make, but call me a cynic and go have a look at the hdv's, you'll see what I mean

7. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Hey guys. Just to respond to MrSlowly here. We don't take constructive criticism on the mod wrongly at all and we really encourage it. This version of the mod was tested by our internal test team for quite a time before we all felt it was at a point good enough to release it to public for more wider feedback. The one thing we have to say, we do have a relatively small test team. We had opened up testing positions in the past but not many people took up that offer and we do root out guys who don't test or don't provide adequate feedback. We can only test and feel with hardware that is used by our testers and gain information and fix things in accordance to what we're told. The release was always planned for this week regardless of all the other stuff that went on that we were dragged into which had nothing to do with us to begin with.

By releasing these pre 1.0 versions to the community as we do, we acquire feedback by the vast majority of players, each more than likely using different hardware. It gives us the vital feedback we need to see where we can improve the mod for people having problems with it. It also provides us feedback on areas that we may have overlooked. So we always welcome the constructive criticism as it helps us make things better for future releases. Now whether they are better or not in a future release is a given. We try to improve things and then release to see if it has been with those people's hardware or not.

All the feedback given here in regards to the bulktorque and the clutch issues has been noted and we'll be looking into it to see what is wrong there. In fact, we may even extend an offer of beta testing pre next update to some of you by private invitation so that we can see if the new settings work well prior to the next release. So please bear in mind that these releases are in a way to help us see how they work in the wide range general public. This is by far, not the final version of the mod. :)

8. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2015
  9. Lgel

Lgel Registered

10. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

What kind of blog post? :rolleyes:

No seriously... I've spent a few hours in both cars tonight. I am impressed by these two cars... Specially the Porsche... Yes it's too fast and you're able to outright smash real (Le Mans) pole lap times from that period of time... But the ability to control the boost on the fly and actually see the bar-needle move accordingly as you do so is awesome and of course the amount of amount of propulsion also de/increases accordingly... The Porsche was my favorite as it was a bit more involving with the lag, boost build-up and then just boooost for days...
    All in all I'd say the cars feel a bit too capable both in outright propulsion but also cornering grip. Don't know where the key is hidden though, whether if it's in the braketorque/tyre/suspension/chassis, lift/drag params or a complicated mixture of it all. A step in the right direction for sure...

11. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

I think we could have a quick fix for the H shifter. Feel free to share your recommended settings. Honestly I'm very happy with my steering wheel but it doesn't have a shifter, so I had just a few moments with a borrowed one to choice a setting. Our testers didn't complain about it, so the setting went forward. The delay was added with the purpose to give fair possibilities for those who use shifter or pads.

This new version of the MOD it's a new approach, a base for future ideas. We could include in the upgrades parts that change the aero as the tail or wheel covers, grilles for the front fenders (to give different front aero settings), different turbo responses from the current ones, and tyres with CPM (we already have ones, but at the moment we believe these tyres represent better what we want for the cars). The Porsche include some devices to explore future options.

The current state of the cars, open the possibility to different race strategies and allow different driving styles. Take the time to experience entire stints with each brand of tyres and compounds and different turbo pressure to find your best performance. Double or triple stints could be possible depending of the track. The cars include headlights well proven to night racing and a great wet tyre with a very good transition from wet to dry. I'm sure these cars will open the door for an excelent level of copetition.

12. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

It was clear the change in approach given this new version, it's a better step than what was before. I think you'll find little resistance from the community with making it not lightning fast for auto-clutch/paddle shifters, AC for example has that and the 787B and C9 represent that so when people go for world records they go full manual H-shifter.

13. fohdeesha

fohdeesha Registered

The issue is even with the full manual H shifter setting it is still set artificially slow and weak clutch torque wise, making the quickest shift possible in the car about twice as long as what drivers regularly do in these cars even in historic show events. Artificially crippling a car sadly doesn't equal realism.

Thankfully this is easily fixed by changing baulktorque for the H shifter setting to a sane number, like 500. The stock 20 is less torque capability than a go kart clutch

14. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Oh yeah, I didn't deny that aspect. Just saying the thought behind that exaggerated/mistaken situation was the correct one.

15. boblevieux

boblevieux Registered

I love the 962, the turbo lag *o*, the shifter.
    There's only one little issue (is there a "known issues" list ?), the external sound engine stereo is too wide.

16. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Thanks for the update. I'm absolutely in love with the cars. Thanks for the different ffb sertings.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9301I mit Tapatalk

17. sushi

sushi Registered

The cars make a lot of fun. Thank you!

18. Sderenno

Sderenno Registered

Great Work, incredible to see, incredible to drive !! Thanks a lot MAK-Corp

19. emha76

emha76 Registered

EPIC! Thank You!

20. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I just tried Porsche in Toban (drying track). Pretty fun car. I have no complaint based on this short test. Nice job. Cockpit could be nicer but that's a minor thing. I used single turbo engine and default ffb.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.