[REL] MAK-Corp Group C v0.80 Released

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Petros Mak, Oct 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

After quite a bit of work the guys have finished v0.80 of the Group C mod for rFactor 2 and today, we are releasing it to public so you can get your hands on it and enjoy these cars even further with the improvements that have been made. There have been several improvements on both the Porsche 962C and the Mazda 787B and we look forward to hearing the communities feedback. Please be sure to check the changelog below for more information on what has been changed. Paint Templates to be released on Sunday. In addition, Dropbox and MEGA links will be released within the next 24 hours. Currently Mediafire, Uploaded and Rapidgator are the available locations to download from.

You can download the mod via the Group C page located HERE

v0.80 Changelog

Porsche 962C

ADDED: New Torque Curve for each engine. More Torque at low RPM and power peak at lower RPM to make the engines more "Porsche"
    CHANGED: Engines use a bit less fuel
    CHANGED: Small increase on brake power
    CHANGED: Headlight flicker reduced but remains for now as the only way to stop it is to increase near cam clip distance which when changed to fix flickering, clips the cockpit, so not useable.
    FIXED: Manual clutch torque

Mazda 787B

CHANGED: Small physics adjustments
    CHANGED: Drag adjustment
    CHANGED: Small decrease on brake power
    CHANGED: Downshift sound modified/removed when using manual clutch
    FIXED: Manual clutch torque

DOWNLOAD: You can find the download links on the mod page located HERE

We hope you all enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2015
  2. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Thanks!

3. Davy TASB

Davy TASB Registered

Ditto.:)

4. Gupster

Gupster Registered

Thanks MAKCorp! *backflips

sent from my electronic distraction device

5. LeStrat

LeStrat Registered

Long time waiting for this. Thank you!!

6. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

+1

Thanks MakCorp

7. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Porsche is awesome... I need some tips though, I tried full on clutch and h pattern and kept slipping the clutch, missing gears etc, so I tried auto clutch and paddles but its the same ?? Sounds and modelling are really nice...especially the sounds.

8. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Hey Steve. Thanks for your reply! I will inform the guys about your post so they can check it out and get back to you asap. There is also a documentation in the archive which provides some info on the cars. I'm not sure if it does on the clutch but I will have the guys get back to you as soon as possible. :)

9. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

There are 3 options in tuning, full h pattern hardcore manual clutch :p manual paddles ( for peeps without h shifter ) which I set but the car still needs clutching properly and the last one I just tried.... semi automatic paddle shift which is perfect for a beginner in these types of car. So no bug report, just me needing to learn how to drive properly.

10. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Thanks a lot, group C cars are fantastic cars, Porsche 962 had so many liveries in real life, you can make splendid grids.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2015
  11. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

We'll look into adding more liveries in future updates Lgel. For now we felt it was important to get the car out for all of you to enjoy as we continue to do more stuff for this mod. :)

12. bwana

bwana Registered

the porsche ,suitably around bathurst this weekend is awesome!! i needed to get rid of smoothing all together to get minor track bumps and rattles through FFB, overall FFB is very good. Thanks.

13. Lgel

Lgel Registered

If you post templates, I think you'll have a lot of splendid liveries painted in no time!

Tried quickly both cars, default setups are good enough to allow enjoying quickly the cars.

Thanks again to your modding team.

14. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Oh yes, that's something I forgot to mention, thanks for reminding me Lgel. Templates will be released soon. We're just finalizing them before we make them public. :D

15. fohdeesha

fohdeesha Registered

This is usually due to the UpshiftDelay and DownshiftDelay parameters in the HDV file, and if you shift quicker than these values, even if it's a flawless perfectly done shift, it counts it as a mis-shift and doesn't engage the next gear (which is exactly what's happening in this mak release). I had to purposefully make myself shift quite slow to get it to actually engage the next gears.

However looking in the cars HDV file both of the delays are set to 0.25 which would give the effect we're both seeing, that's quite a long time relatively to wait to let the clutch back out. However these get overridden by what you chose in the upgrades file, and picking the "Shifter" tuning option sets them both to 0.0, so you should be able to shift as fast as you want assuming you're fully engaging and disengaging the clutch. So that's very odd. I might vaguely remember something about the game not liking those values set all the way to 0, (I usually set them at about 0.05 or 0.1) but I could just be making that up. It's almost as if the tuning option isn't overriding the HDV file as it should be and it's keeping the 0.25 setting.

very odd! It was really killing the fun of driving this car, having to wait so long between shifts. If you watch any onboard of this car you can shift it as quickly as you can, and it looks like MAK corp knew this and stuck in a 0.0 delay on both upshifts and downshifts. It just seems that's not getting applied properly

the 962C Has the same values in both hdv and upgrades, and has the same issue. It could also be related to the BaulkTorque parameter but I wouldn't think it would cause a time related issue. Even when fully depressing the clutch to the floor, then shifting, then fully releasing, it was still counting it as missed if I did it faster than a certain threshold regardless if the rpm was perfectly matched or not.

EDIT: ignore all the above, the shift delays are properly being set to 0 in shifter upgrade, it's probably the BaulkTorque setting being set extremely low. The balktorque setting is extremely low compared to anything I've seen, it's 20 versus the lowered setting on the cobra for the "revmatch" gearbox tuning option only lowers it to 250 (from the stock 830). The gearbox in these cars should have this set closer to 500 I would guess, which is coincidentally what they set it to for the other two tuning options. I have a feeling when I raise BaulkTorque up to 500 or so for the shifter tuning option tonight the issue will go away, worth a shot! If you watch the onboards these cars are capable of very quick full load shifts (as long as you use the clutch properly), if I understand BaulkTorque correctly a setting of 20 won't allow the next gear to be engaged unless there will be virtually no load on the drivetrain when you release the clutch. someone correct me if I'm wrong!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2015
  16. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Nice bit of Info Fohdeesha, makes understanding these things a bit easier.

17. Ozzy

Ozzy Registered

Seems you have automatic clutch enabled, because rF2 usually disables those shift delays if you have auto clutch disabled.

18. fohdeesha

fohdeesha Registered

no, automatic clutch and blip and all are disabled. Auto clutch isn't even allowed on our server :) when semiautomatic is set to 1 in the hdv these two values are used for the amount of time taken to shift up and and down by the sequential gearbox. When semiautomatic is set to 0 in the HDV, these are minimum times that must be spent shifting. If you shift faster than them, it counts as a mis shift and acts like you're in neutral. Try it, open the howston for example and increase UpshiftDelay to 1 (one second) Try shifting faster than one second, it will not allow you. I've played with this on quite a few cars in our league for our private server. It's irrelevant though, both delays are being set to 0 as they should be for the full manual "shifter" option (also turns semiautomatic to 0), however it sets baulktorque extremely low, like 1/10th of the engines torque. From the cars I've seen and build guides this is usually set to twice the engine's torque output. This value is the amount of torque the clutch can handle before slipping when engaging a new gear, which is what seems to be happening. at only 20 it's not going to engage the next gear unless there's virtually no load on the drivetrain as you let the clutch out

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2015
  19. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

Has anyone got better links? Mediafire link fails to download, Uploaded is working but taking 3 hours and rapidgator is for preminum only, I won't pay to download it.

Why not use mega or dropbox too? Would be so much easier. And before anyone says it's my internet issue, I just downloaded a track (300mb) in 5 minutes

20. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Thank you for reporting your issue with the download links. I'll be sure to upload a version to dropbox and MEGA and post those links for you all as soon as they get done uploading. I am more than happy to provide additional mirrors. As for rapidgator, it should work for free accounts too, I'll look into that immediately. Thanks for letting me know. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.