EGT mod

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bkim, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Bkim

Bkim Registered

HI,

I bought the EGT mod and raced it on Sebring. I also raced the ISI renault megane trophy on Sebring with the exact same conditions and settings (25 laps). However, racing EGT on Sebring is not done as the AI causes major crashes each lap resulting in FCY's. While racing the renault, maybe one or two FCY's during the whole race. I thought the racing line for cars was determined by the track, no by cars?

2. RaceDoedel

RaceDoedel Registered

Hmm, strange. I raced this morning a couple of hours with EGT cars at Sebring without any problems with the AI.

The AI drives very good with the EGT cars at Sebring.

What are your AI settings ?

3. Bkim

Bkim Registered

I race @ 98% with the Darche (Porsche) and Renault using no assists manual sequential shifting via DSD seq. shifter. I also played with the AI limiter. I red about the AI limiter in a forum but im still confused what it does so i left it at stock value which is 3%.
    Coming out of the first corner, most of the times there is mayhem. After that i hear lots of yellows in different sectors and i get around 4 FYC's in a 25 lap race.
    Racing behind them i see their brake problems. Like they have their brake balance not set right. Oversteer as they accelerate out of a corner. Very twichy. That is causing the mayhem. While racing the Renault, maybe 1 FCY but that's it.

4. Johnathan Johnson

Johnathan Johnson Banned

What is AI aggression set to?

Are you forcing AI to use a setup other than default?

Also, when is the last time you updated your build, and what build are you using? Could it be an old build that the EGT cars aren't very compatible with? That's the only thing I can think of, because I too have a great experience with EGT AI at sebring. Better than most cars/tracks, in fact.

One more thing, you're not racing on a wet track are you?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2015
  5. Bkim

Bkim Registered

I uploaded a picture of the setup screen with my standard settings i race with. The AI uses the default setup as far as i know. I did not change anything to it.
    Using rF2 build 982. And i downloaded the EGT mod last week so i guess that should be the last build.
    View attachment 18192

6. GauchoRS

GauchoRS Registered

my experience is that AI limiter causes a lot of crashes and unpredicted behaviour on some tracks, e.g. Bathurst.
    I recommend to reduce AI limiter to 1%

7. Bkim

Bkim Registered

Thanks! Im gonna give it a spin and see what it does.

Cheers

8. Johnathan Johnson

Johnathan Johnson Banned

As far as AI limiter, what it does (I think) is limits how much faster certain AI drivers can be than others, in other words, limits the range in skill between AI drivers. A lower AI limiter will result in AI cars being more spread out after a number of laps, and therefore less likely to cause a crash. at A high number like 50%+ They tend to stay in a train and never spread out, which leads to side by side racing and strange behavior.
    I highly doubt that 3% would make a noticeable difference over 1%. At least that's my experience.

There have been 2 build updates since 982 (998 and now 1008). I doubt it would make a difference, but I installed the EGT cars with build 998, so I don't know how 982 handle's them. I assume there ere no big changes to the AI code in the last 2 builds though, apart from some special code for the stock cars in 1008. If all else fails, you might try updating to the latest build.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2015
  9. Eddy

Eddy Registered

you could try setting AI aggression to default 25% dunno if it helps but worth the try

10. westerware.bill

westerware.bill Registered

I race the EGT cars on Sebring
    quite often, one of my favorite combos. Can't say I've had any AI problems, very good races.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

11. Bkim

Bkim Registered

Problem is solved. I did want i wanted to avoid: a full re-install of rF2. Cleaned up all mods etc and see, while i thought i was running the latest rF2 version, it was not :)
    In the end i can't tell what the problem was but i just tested EGT on Sebring and everything seems fine. In the sixth lap i lost the rear in turn 17 "Sunset Bend". Well, i didn't see the sunset but i absolutely saw the wall and that was not as soft and beautiful as the sunset ;)
    Thanks for all support! Nice forum.

Grtz. Bee