MAS2 utility is not saving the .mas file on ~MASTEMP folder

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Stefan Wirth, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Stefan Wirth

Stefan Wirth Registered

I’ve detected that the MAS2 utility on Build 1008 is not saving the .mas file editing a before generated Vmod.
    Let me explain, after editing the .mas file from the vmod, once repacaged, I’ve observed that the new .mas disappeared from the %AppData\Roaming\~MASTEMP% folder.
    After that, any attempt to edit and “repackage” again fails, showing the following message "Unable to locate rFm MAS file".

Thx for advance for your help!

S.Wirth

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2015
  2. redapg

redapg Registered

It's a shame if this bug still exists, because it has been reported before and not just one time.
    Using the attached "Build 798 Mas2 Tool" should solve that.

3. Stefan Wirth

Stefan Wirth Registered

4. Stefan Wirth

Stefan Wirth Registered

With B1028 the issue explained at first post remains!

Any idea why this isn't still fixed by ISI, I'm the only one with this problem?

5. redapg

redapg Registered

You're not alone. :)
    And No, no idea why this still hasn't been fixed.

6. Stefan Wirth

Stefan Wirth Registered

Problem remains with B1036, still working with"Build 798 Mas2 Tool" .

7. LTC_Mike

LTC_Mike Registered

Yes, I ran into this error just yesterday with the actual steam release of the dedicated server - and after finding that Build 798 MAS2 (Version 2.92f) let me edit an event file it is even with this version impossible to deliver content via the server to other players that don't have it; instead I even couldn't join my own server despite I had all the necessary content installed locally, because as soon as I checkmark some content in MAS2 the server gets listed but it's greyed out ... or am I doing something different wrong?

8. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

9. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

wich track and wich mod?

10. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I have always made new v1.00 mods.

I find it easier actually.

You have no need to worry about version numbers.

The copy of any mod is automatically overwritten........ not left behind to make a mess and bloat your packages.

11. LTC_Mike

LTC_Mike Registered

It happened with several tracks and mods. But with the kind help of some fellow member over here I learned, that not every MOD - esp. non-ISI content - is made to be delivered that way. Best thing I will do now is to provide a certain list with all the tracks, cars and other stuff being used to my forum members that like to join the event as everything else seems to produce more trouble than fun. For me this seems to be the best solution ...

And trying GetModManager once a time killed the original ISI ModManager in a way that it crashed afterwards as soon as I tried to start it. Had to delete everything and even kill the registry keys and do a fresh install to get it run again ...

OT: I think it's a very bad product policy to not provide a solid and stable dedicated plattform these days - what ISI delivers via steam is in no way what I expect from a modern dedicated server tool and with the switch to the new UI for the base game this would have been a good time to spend a little bit more polishing for the dedicated itself, too, at least to get workshop things work without the need to have a fully qualified rF2 licence to just run a dedicated - or is the intend to force all leagues to buy full licences to just run a dedicated server on a remote machine via steam?

12. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

That`s the reason, why i ask you. If content includes a proper download url, GetMod is working flawless. I guess, if content don`t include a working download url, it isn`t ISI`s fault...

13. LTC_Mike

LTC_Mike Registered

Yes, you're right - and that's not what I blame ISI for. It's a utility like mas2 that's broken since several versions, it's a dedicated server that is distributed via steam and that doesn't seem to be improved anymore and that lacks workshop integration - and in the end it's a way too complex configuration system that lacks actual documentation ... with the move to steam ISI has the chance to get a much wider audience - but not with that kind of tools. And with the general possibility to distribute content via its dedicated server in a user friendly way rF2 has a real USP, if it would work better out of the box ...

Just my 2 cents

For now I have deleted the steam dedicated stuff, replaced it with the Lite installation and try it again with the "rF2SeriesCreator" tool ... having a content list for the other players.

14. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

About the dedicated server, mas2 tool and the lack of documentation, you`re right, 100% agree

15. redapg

redapg Registered

No, not for me, "Race"-Button stays grey.

16. Stefan Wirth

Stefan Wirth Registered

Turnig to the initial topic of this Threat:

The Problem remains with Mas2 Tool from B1084, still working with "Build 798 Mas2 Tool"

For me it's important that it Works with the latest Mas2 Tool because I often need to actualice Vmods with lots of cars and traks and the old mas tool has limitations.

17. Stefan Wirth

Stefan Wirth Registered

SOLVED: now Mas2 Tool Works with B1098:)

18. LTC_Mike

LTC_Mike Registered

Well, out of sudden MAS2 stopped working on our Windows 2012 (R2) remote dedicated server (hosted by Rackservice): it constantly crashes (AppCrash error) when trying to create or edit a new package there (on my local machine with Windows 7 64 bit it's still working, so I could configure rfmod files over there, upload and start a dedicated session. But it's in no way confortable to do it this way*)) ...

And when will we get rid off this ongoing stupid programm errors of these slightly old tools? Hopefully Studio 397 will also have a look at those crude server setup and configuration tools that are far away from beeing equivalent to this great racing sim :(

*) I was a little too early with that expectations: now MAS2 has also stopped wortking on my local machine with constantly crashing ... is there any way to get a new configuration done for a remote machine running rF2 via steamcmd ... it's a really shame how ISI has left us league racers strugling with those crappy tools :( :(

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2016
  19. TPG

TPG Registered

20. LTC_Mike

LTC_Mike Registered