[WIP] Mosport

Discussion in 'Locations' started by shiet, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Niki Djakovic

Niki Djakovic Registered

I like your track OP. Good old classic long fast corners. Defenetially favorite of mine.
    Are the road patches different grip to the rest of the track or thats just me ?

2. shiet

shiet Registered

3. shiet

shiet Registered

All the track has the same material settings so the patches have the same grip as the rest, they're basically just visuals (different textures). So it's just you. :)
    If I would like to change that I would need 3ds max I guess.

4. Hazi

Hazi Registered

Maybe just some cars are too long and some of the the pitboxes/space too narrow and so they get out of pit again - sorry English is not my mt.

Ah almost forgot - THANK YOU!

5. shiet

shiet Registered

That shouldn't be the problem because for example the Megane has this problem while the EGT cars don't (at least I haven't noticed) and the Megane is not longer than the EGT cars.

6. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Don't worry about it. The updates don't work reliably in rF2 anyway--cause more problems than they solve. This track is worth the download--multiple times :) Anyone on restricted Internet bandwidth should always wait a week or so after a release for bug fixes if they can't afford to download more than once.

Thank you for the continued fixes after the time you said you were done!!!

7. Truerider

Truerider Registered

Thank you shiet for the quick response and fix and of course the whole project!!!:cool:

8. Emery

Emery Registered

That would be me, LOL.

shiet, agree with Marc that you shouldn't worry about it. Those of us on metered connections get to start with fresh quotas every month. And I've got 4 GB left to use in the next 4 days (yippee!).

9. BobDobbs

BobDobbs Registered

Yes, I did a complete uninstall and reinstall for each test, and as noted above, it was on the pre-2013 Mosport. I seemed to lose grip somewhere after the texture transition, not at the beginning of it.

New 0.901 fixes the issue - THANKS!

10. bhendrik

bhendrik Registered

Easy my new favorite track. thanks to all involved, very good work. Just one observation. There seems to be a little problem with leaving the pitboxes sometimes for the ai cars. Some of the cars will not drive more then 5 laps (1 stint), even when they have plenty of time to complete 2 others stints (allowed laps 15). They are not out of gas and there is no visual damage. Happend to me with 2 mods, URD-EGT and the Civic's.

11. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

I love the risk/reward of the pre-2013 and bet that would great fun on >= 30 minute races where there's time to catch back up or for others to make mistake

12. shiet

shiet Registered

Hi guys!

As you know the latest version is 0.901. I've been thinking about making progress on the track so it can reach 1.0 but the problem is I think my enthusiasm subsided (is that how you say it in English?). So basically I don't have the mood/the will to finish this. Also my job...
    Here is a list I wrote about what should be done before Mosport reaches 1.0

- fixed flickering road sign textures (I've already done that in 0.902)
    - added billboard crowd
    - added animated pitcrew
    - added animated flags on the event centre
    - changed pit objects
    - changed road patches, they have a shape like in real life and they have different rFactor material (asph) with higher grip. In BTB I would do this with walls (1 wall for the patch and 2 more for the sides of the patch so it won't look like a simple square on the ground)
    - faster AI
    - fixed pit positions, 44-to-37 pitstops
    - fixed bumps in T1, T2, T4, T10, between T2 and T3 and between T6 and T8 (you can't do this without 3ds max or BTB). They are basically not bumps but wrong spline node altitude values.

Of course you can "expostulate" (I don't know if this is the right word) textures, objects and basically anything because there is always something which could be better.

So if anybody is interested in Mosport pls contact me (private message or e-mail).

Thanks for the cooperation everybody.

13. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

A relatively small list, really. Hopefully a few talented modders will want to contribute to finishing off this already awesome track. Shiet, you are already a legend just for bringing Mosport to life at the 0.9 level. Thanks again--this will be a track loved by many for many years to come.

14. T@X

T@X Registered

I quote every word here, what a great work it is. Thanks shiet for the hard work and thanks for allowing me to officially put it in the workshop, where it is now available for a larger audience to enjoy. I'm happy to announce that the track it is now available on Steam, and i hope that many other great tracks and mods will follow.

15. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

You're a true hero, T@x

16. SvenieShoarma

SvenieShoarma Registered

Very Nice track! Thank you shiet! And also Thank you T@x for adding this and other content to the Steam Workshop!

17. Matt21

Matt21 Registered

interesting new track
    i 'll give a try with new flat6 mod

18. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Did anyone do an update for the crowded pitlane by any chance? We're already hoping for a lack of DNF's today on Mosport, but next week with our Indycar race we might run out of physical space to conduct pitstops as parked cars are in the same space as where the cars need to pit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfPnxTxKsKM

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2016
  19. bhendrik

bhendrik Registered

I'm affraid not, it's a real shame, such a great track

20. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Too bad, but I get where he is coming from ;)

Shiet, can you post/pm the latest max file for editing the pitlane/paddock?