Assetto corsa ,,,,

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Kek700, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Maug

Maug Registered

You're such a hater.

2. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Bit harsh and what he says is the truth brought on by petty things or pride.

So many people seem to do it though.

Personally I never posted at SMS or Kunos but I can't speak for you lot !

p lol ;)

3. coops

coops Banned

I have AC any1 know how i can give it away and who wants it ? Its shiit plain and simple, its a car game not a sim so i don't need or want it in my collection it should be a console game IMHO.

4. Golanv

Golanv Registered

You mean DurgeDriven (who actually has started to find a civilized self of late, maybe he quit drinking, who knows), Associat0r (the man on a mission, could start a religion about the topic.) peterchen (has no glue what he's talking about, doesn't even talk out of experience, just regurgitating opinions of others.), hexagramme (who gets himself banned from every site he steps in to by lacking the finesse of his comrads, also is more about copy/paste than forming his own thoughts.)?

Unfortunately this orchestra isn't only a quartet, the list goes on... considering that you msportdan seem to function with the wind, I remember you trying your "critics" shoes on as well before finding your place in the sim community and the taste of things.
    These people are just the proverbial old dogs that refuse to learn new tricks, that is actually the sad part, the happy part is that it kicks up lively conversations where anybody can kick the old dog around if they feel like it since they are so damn predictable. "hear ye hear ye, practise your debating skills, kick the old dog."

Anywhoo...
    I do not understand the floaty comment about Assetto Corsa. There is absolutely nothing you cannot feel while driving in AC, which has not always been that way, but has improved over the duration of it's existance, just like rF2 has improved when it comes to translating whats going on in the rear of the car to the FFB wheel.
    rF2 and AC have more incommon than not, when it comes to the feel of it all. As I use rF2 as the measuring stick on many aspects, I am happy to say that AC ticks the important boxes and we have entered into the world of finer detail.
    1.3 is quite exciting patch, gonna see what all that brings in.

5. msportdan

msportdan Banned

ive just been back n forth comparing the gtr in both rf2 ad ac, and I was surprised to see how easy it is to save the gtr in AC. I could save almost every difficult situation I got myself in by countersteering, it almost seemed to easy. If you could say rf2 was 100% realistic physics I think I would class AC in the 80s maybe.

Reminds me a bit of rre handling and ffb.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2015
  6. rhamm

rhamm Registered

It's not possible to give away Steam games once you've played them.

7. Carlo

Carlo Registered

@DD

"Go.........try Build 60 with Historics I dare ya. !@!
    HDR brilliant (Back then all Historics looked nice )"

So true ...

8. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

9. bwana

bwana Registered

No thats all on the AC forums.

just went to give it a go again to see these game changing changes. changed alright , wont even start. broken ,kaput, shezzanogtony.. for sale one slightly used (32hrs) 'game'

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2015
  10. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

32 hours Wow... I have about 10 and I was in from early access :(

11. bwana

bwana Registered

most of that working out ffb !

12. msportdan

msportdan Banned

I haven't been a part of the sim community as much as a lot of you l. But its pretty sad to read how people belittle other Sims for personal pleasure l mean its proper sad really.

I like all Sims and I have problems with each of them and I go to the relevant forums to get assistance. Normally ends up in a negative way in some sort.

Shouldn't we be glad there's all,this choice. They are al good in their own way Sims are like children they all shine but they each have their pitfalls.

I just don't get why people have to go around like a religion saying that there sim/religion is miles better than others. This ain't Syria!

13. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

I don't need to justify anything to you msportdan, but I will tell you why I have so few hours in AC and you might be surprised it really doesn't have much to do with the way it feels, FFB, the way it drives, physics or the way it looks.
    Kunos are liars, they promised a "racing" simulator and the game even has the tagline "your Racing simulator" They delivered a hotlapping car collecting game.
    I sussed them out when they ran the poll for which track the community would like them to licence and put the Nurburgring up against lots of other tracks... a lot less popular tracks, it was obvious which would win the poll... Allegedly they already had the licence in place and conned us all with a fake poll to try and make out they put what the community wants first, they haven't done much listening since then have they ? ( Race dept open letter etc )

How can they label something a racing simulator when you cant even put the car in gear on the start line or jump the start, there is no way of mapping buttons to a button box, no weather, a stupid canned grip level on the tracks, flag rules are crap, no formation lap, no on the fly pit menu, no custom skins unless its prebooked or some BS, no safety car, no night time, Ai leaves a lot to be desired, default tracks are lifeless, lack of server admin tools...... Should I go on ?

The AC devs say only 15% of their total sales go Online!! So Online is not important....ha ha ha ha ha Maybe its because Online is so bad, or just maybe there are a lot more people like myself and Bwana out there who are so disappointed with the result of 3 years of BS hype about the arrival of such an advanced Simulator that its just gathering dust on our Hard drives, with the occasional start up to see if the key areas have been improved...... But it seems with every update or DLC all we get is some more exotic street cars.

14. msportdan

msportdan Banned

wow thats a lot of justification for hate towards a sim.....!

15. QUF

QUF Registered

Select the resolution in the game video options. If you haven't played since v1.2, means the update reset your resolution to a very low one, 640*480, so select your native res and then you can get on track.

16. Maug

Maug Registered

[​IMG]

17. Minibull

Minibull Member

When you are posting on public forums with anonymity, you are going to see personal opinion everywhere. As much as your opinion is to love all the sims and embrace them all. That's cool, I ain't gunna s*t on you for that (I'll s**t on you for flip flopping all the time, jk XD)

For what I want, which is as close as possible to a racing experience I see in motorsports, certain sims don't fill that need. AC has some lovely cars and some beautiful modelling, some great features, but enough issues for me that outweigh the good. Much like we are pretty much all set in our ways and are looking for confirmation of our pre-established opinions. How many times have you actually seen someone in a "forum arguement" actually accept the other persons viewpoint and have it change their outlook...
    From earlier today on a bike forum:
    "Thinking of buying some tyres, heard the Michelin Pure is a good one. Any ideas guys?
    "Yeah, they are ok, the Bridgestone S20's are pretty decent too, great experiences with them"
    "Oh nah, Bridgestones are too hard, I don't like them, and their MotoGP tyres don't seem to work that great, lol"
    "Conti Road Attacks here, great tyres, blah blah"
    "Never heard of them, are they cheap charlie ones? Tread pattern looks weird"
    "Pirelli?"
    Their SBK tyres have many issues, as do their F1 tyres, they seem alright though I guess"
    "Yeah, their road tyres seem to score really well in the bike mags with the fast riders"
    "Yeah...nah all good, thanks"

This carries on until someone finally drop the Michelin name and says they were good
    "Oh awesome, cool, thanks man! Right, I'll go with the Michelin Pures"

And in that same vein, I'd expect hardly any of what is said here to actually influence any of us, lol!

Then on the odd occasion, because I have said that I prefer to sim in rF2, I always see someone take that to mean I think rF2 is flawless and is the god sim. Heck no, lots of issues there too, they just don't have the same bearing on me. Much happier being able to jump the start with crappy ass rain effects, than not be able to jump the start in sunny conditions only. That sort of thing.

18. QUF

QUF Registered

How come they lied about the tracks poll? They wanted to know people's preference and that's what happened. First of all, Nordschleife was Marco's personal dream of laserscanning Nordschleife into a game, before even AC had a tech demo or arriving to steam as early access. And the poll just confirmed peoples preference.
    http://www.assettocorsa.net/we-need-your-opinion-3-choose-the-track/
    According to that poll, from the European tracks, they focused on the ones people wanted. Brands Hatch, Zandvoort. Other tracks like lemans/monaco are too expensive, and they said lemans it wasn't possible for them. I bet if they wouldn't do the Nords, they could afford Lemans. About Barcelona, there were other europeans tracks with more percentage, but is also dependent on devs taste and cost of the license.

But I think you went over the top with your "lying" and "rip off" accusations to Kunos/AC. For example there are many people who took for granted that there would be rain and night racing, or even an advanced damage model. But Kunos never promised that, and even said couple times that certain features aren't possible for them in that/this year.

Imo, the only thing that failed in "your racing simulator" was maybe the AI quality, even though you can race them and complete. Even if sometimes some cars will end up retiring. Other times people don't keep their lines and cross in front of the AI too soon too close. But other times the AI has to back up.

But you can race offline and online. Nothing is broken. It is a racing simulator. However they never promised a lot of extras. They just want people to focus on driving the cars. So no false starts and extras like that. Yea for some it may sound like much needed, but if that's your thing, there are games that do it. The fact that they took another approach to "your racing simulator" doesn't justify your crusade.

19. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

I don't have a crusade. I just believe "racing" and Motorsport in general should have certain key elements and Kunos haven't delivered them, hence making the "Your RACING Simulator" Laughable.

20. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Invalid user!

You will do your self a favour if you just ignore most of those ranting self righteous imbeciles that for some odd reason hates an inanimate object enough to exhibit symptoms of irrational paranoia.
    Example: "There is a danger that more people like the other game more than my game, I must get them to understand that mine is better and join me." This kind of thinking and behavior usually falls under missionary religions... and schizophrenia.

http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/440225/why-are-video-game-forums-so-negative
    Theres a thread about the general gaming forum conduct, never fails... not even with these "smart" ones.

As Maug so generously presented the "power point" page, from the Thinking column there is only one thing that people use regularly - Critique. 90% of the time it's not even good critique, it's just being critical for the sake of saying something. The need to belong is a powerful emotion, and since these folks in question are merely trying to sell their own subjectivity, it is up to you are you buying or not.

As Confucius use to say:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2015