In-game ping problem

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Michael Mic Vigolo, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Michael Mic Vigolo

Michael Mic Vigolo Registered

Hi at all! I've got a big problem with the ping when i'm driving.. Well, using my pc in Windows, testing with speed test my connection is regular in download, upload and ping.. But when I open the multi-player session (I drive in SRZ server) the ping starts to going up, at 80ms and over, even when the game crash totally. I've tried to reinstal drivers, and I've launched the command line from prompt to see how is the connection from my pc to rf2 server, and in the 19 and 20 node the ping is about 220ms, all the rest it's ok.. Have you got any idea? Sorry fot my poor English

2. cachiporra

cachiporra Registered

I have similar problem. No answer... :(

- I tried to reduce graphic options, no solution.

- I tried to shut down Windows firewall, no solution.

- I tried to shut down antivirus, no solution.

- I tried full screen and window, no solution.

- I tried to down display resolution in the game, no solution.

- No wireless connection.

- No dashmeter neither any tablet program.

- FPS very good (400, 500, 700, always very good).

- rF2 launcher autoclose actived.

- I tried other multiplayer games, like StarCraft II, and my connection is very good.

- The problem of high ping only appears when I connect to an online server in rF2.

My computer is the same that worked very well in rF2, a weeks ago, with a 3G internet connection. Today, WiMAX connection with 20 ms of regular ping, 5 mb download, 1 mb upload.

Any idea?

EDIT: ping is irregular, 60 ms, 100, 200, 500, 1500, always changing, 90% time very poor...

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2016
  3. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

I've got an idea are you guys using dashmeter pro or any tablet program? if so make sure you got the right ip set other wise it keep doing it..........

4. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

Depending on how far you are from the server, your ping could be perfectly normal. Where do you live?

My ping always starts with some weird numbers when I join the server, but stabilises eventually. My ping is normally around 190-210, but I can race quite confidently with those around me as it's stable.

5. cachiporra

cachiporra Registered

- No dashmeter neither any tablet program.