Tires and rims as AddedTeams

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by MHansen, Sep 28, 2015.

1. MHansen

MHansen Registered

Hi all,

Im not really sure this question goes in this category, since it is not per se car modding. I have just wondered whether it is possible to change tire and rim textures, using an AddedTeam folder/mod?
    If yes, then how?

Cheers

2. redapg

redapg Registered

Every object that uses a "wc" material should make it possible.
    But i'm not sure if a "wc" material works for the tires, i never tried it out.
    But for the rims it should definately work, if the rims have a "wc" material.

3. MHansen

MHansen Registered

Could you give an example on how you would put together such a AddedTeams mod then? What would you call the files etc.

4. redapg

redapg Registered

That depends on what you want to have.
    You can create a rfcmp with own Skins or you use the Virtual cars feature.

And for both ways you'll find a lot of threads here in the forum.

But the main thing that you have to find out before you start, is to investigate if the objects for that you want to create own skins, have the "wc" material.
    For that you'll have 2 possibilities:
    1. to extract the mas file that contains the teams. If you see filenames like e.g. xxxxextrax.dds or xxxxwindow.dds, you just have to find out if these texture-files are for the parts that you want to paint.
    2. to extract the mas file that contains the meshes and open a mesh from e.g. a rim, to see which material-name it uses.

If it don't has a "wc" material, you can give it one, if you want. But you would have to repack it then and can not use the Virtual car feature.