Possibility of Random Weather and Seasons?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TJ_Tas, Sep 26, 2015.

1. TJ_Tas

TJ_Tas Registered

As someone who only gets to play Single player It would be nice to get the ability to set random weather (as opposed to scripted when you know what the weather will be). Also is there any plans to introduce a way to make and manage seasons?.

2. Lou Is

Lou Is Banned

Not only single player here but i would like these optiobs too.
    This thread never gets old. :D

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Random weather is I think pretty much achievable via plugins, and easier to switch on/off now (plugin toggle in UI), probably easier to configure in future (when plugin variables are accessible through UI). I can't comment on plugin weather drawbacks, as I haven't looked into this recently.

Seasons is an interesting one, on one hand that wouldn't be too complicated (change of DST where already defined in the track, different day of year to affect sun/moon positions), but then people will probably want snow, autumn leaves, spring flowers, etc... and that seems unlikely (of course the track could come with different configurations to reflect some different seasons).

4. TJ_Tas

TJ_Tas Registered

I mean Racing seasons with the ability to set what tracks will be used and what points system to use. Possibly the ability to set the names and skills of opponents.

5. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

You can do pretty much everything you said in thread by editing / repacking components and making a mod.

But no, not as easy as clicking a menu, would be nice I agree.

What you want is in-game custom-able championships.....maybe in rFactor3.

6. Lou Is

Lou Is Banned

as a financial advisor and career manager, do you suggest to renew rf2 license only for a year instead lifetime since rf3 and built in offline championships is just around the corner? Or there is a hope that rf2 will provide this in a future build before 2025?

7. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Lyfetime 4 teh win

8. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

No I suggest you go and drive something you like. lol ? ;)

If it happens ( I did say "maybe" ) I very much doubt it would take ISI another 10 years.

I don't know what you/he want or expect after 4 years to happen, magic ?
    Like I said you can do all that now......... and more !@! lol

Get off your butt and learn ! ;)

If you want it all done and laid out for you that is never going to happen. ( maybe rF3 ) p

9. TJ_Tas

TJ_Tas Registered

I'm not aware of how to do any of this. All I know is I can do this in GTR2 and you could do most of this in RF1. There is no UI way of doing this in RF2 like there was in RF1.

10. Golanv

Golanv Registered

This has been asked for about every 6 months. I'm guessing ISI has stopped answering this question by now, but overall the answer has been along the lines "no plans for it..." - "I doubt we will...".
    I don't get it, why wouldn't championship mode/editor been in the game from the start.
    Like Lazza said it prolly wouldn't be hard to achieve. For ISI, it would take all of 30 minutes to create, which was also talked about before, and the reply was something like "it isn't about how hard or easy it would be implement". Who knows whats the reason for the lack of it.

You can also "do" a Lamborghini Aventador now... doesn't mean that one wants to.
    When I want to learn to build ****, I play other games.

11. Lou Is

Lou Is Banned

When you or spinelli talk about rf3 i think i have the same feeling you have when someone start to complain about rf2 graphics: I would like to punch both of you in the head.
    Isi is just getting on a bigger audience on that steam thing. I know you are not asking for this. I know you love rf2 the way it already is but you should let people ask for more development without throwing the rf3 or "do it yourself" cards. It make them look like whiners(crybabys?). I dont know how to spell this and im to lazy to search on google :)
    Buikt in offline championship is reasonable thing i think. People asking for this aren't more lazy than one asking for stock cars for example.
    Dont hate me. I like you but i will throw you out off track on last lap of a race when i get online again for every "rf3" you wrote :D

12. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Not sure where you got that figure, also how much you know about software development.... I doubt too much.

In regards of an offline championship app/mod/plugin. Have a search of the forum, there is one made already.

13. palm3r

palm3r Registered

Try this plugin: Random Weather Plugin

This plugin is WIP, but it works on offline and online (client and dedicated server) both.
    Weather is changed completely at random.

Probability of rain is 30% in default settings (rain_chance = 30).
    But I recommend "rain_chance = 5" or "rain_chance = 10" when you use this plugin.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2015
  14. Lou Is

Lou Is Banned

How come this plugin get so little attention?
    Thank you. Will try asap

15. shiet

shiet Registered

16. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

You be very well advised to never try that. p lol

You should go see a doctor mate stop worrying about other people. lopl ;)

What I know about software development............. absolutely nothing.
    What has that got to do with anything I said. ?

I SAID MAYBE THEY WILL MAKE rFactor3 ( well geee I hope they do, don't know about you ! ) lol

MAYBE THEY WILL PUT A CHAMPIONSHIP

MAYBE

hahahaha

17. Lou Is

Lou Is Banned

I saw the real weather tool but find too complicated to config. Most for language barrier but must confess i didn't even tried. The new one suggested is very simple.

And Durge, i dont want rf3 before 4 years ahead. Unless wipers are working and i dont know eheheh