Jacksonville Superspeedway Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Sep 25, 2015.

1. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Someone mentioned pixsim, what if pixel32 is also working on an oval? Didn't they both disappear at the same time?

2. Emery

Emery Registered

AI squeeze the inside line player at start/finish line on a rolling start. You typically have to put 2 wheels below the yellow line to avoid anything more than "rubbing".

3. RG6871

RG6871 Registered

4. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Why do all cars change to the LEFT path when they pass the xsector at pit exit? I tried practice and race sessions in devmode and game with different mods. The AI never uses the FASTEST path. When a car enters the track they change to the right path. I tried Mountain Peak, which has a similar layout, and there the AI is always on the FASTEST path.

5. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

My biggest issue with most fan made superspeedways is the modelling of transition zones. Jacksonville has the same problem - very artificial, sudden transition, rather than progressive, like on real life tracks.

But am I reading it correctly? ISI is working on it's own Daytona with more life like track geometry? That would be great news :)

6. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

How do you read that into the statement? I read it as "enjoy the rough edges...they make it more challenging."

7. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

I'm not sure what to make of it.
    On one hand it sound like "if ISI would build Daytona nowadays, it would be different". On the other hand, Tim was giving us all kinds of different hints in the past. Referring to a "would be" track from ISI team instead of real track can be read as one of those hints. Although you're probably right and this is nothing more than "we would do it differently nowadays but it's still a fun track".

8. SRGP

SRGP Registered

I like the track and the bump at Turn 1. However, the track illumination is too weak at dusk or at night. You can see the track side lighting poles are on but they do not actually light up the track, or at least not enough. Here at 19:30 in game, HDR on :

[​IMG]

This is a little problem too :eek: 2/3 of passages are walled for some reason ?

9. redapg

redapg Registered

Add some AI and watch them, where they enter the track. ;)

10. Promag

Promag Registered

Just, when in garage hit "I" and the car will drive out for you

11. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Low-sun lighting and unnecessarily complicated garage exits are a longstanding thing