Stock Car Community

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kristoff Rand, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

Oh, ok it's the other ARCA mod. I don't know that we can use that stuff... ARCA may not appreciate it, even if they do seem to be defunct. I know those tracks are highly edited, but I think they base off of other's work. Then on top of it TSF would need to give us some permissions. If you have any wholly owned tracks that would be very helpful. I hear you do highly detailed work. We have a tire with ISI's stock car. actually many tires. We can either use theirs.

I have permission to use JNS tracks if those are any that you edited. We'd be safe there. Unless someone can find some NR2003 polys buried in there... lol

2. Dwayne

Dwayne Registered

Even The Sim Factory tracks have been edited by me, with permission from The Sim Factory, All ASRX tracks and Cup physics and tire files were made by me, with there permission. But that's 2 year old stuff, the new stuff is at American Stock Car, Tracks, Physics, tire models, all based off real information from Cup teams and a friend who does suspension work at Stewart Haas Racing.

3. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

Yeah, Rob edits the physics quite often and has over the last year I've known him. So I doubt much of that is yours.

Plus the TSF team did nothing? Rob has done nothing over the last year?

I know for a fact some of those tracks have your stuff on top of JNS... So let's stop trying to push that "I built everything ever" thing ok. That might work when you're trying to sell guys on facebook, but not here.

I think you take a lot more credit for yourself than you should and I can't work with anything until I see written permission from TSF. If have that, great we can go from there. But this is a team effort, a community effort.

And tires are useless to us in rF2. it's a completely new tire system.

4. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

And I don't want to sound condescending... i know you do good work and you've worked hard. But we need something we know we can use... If you want to work with us there is room and you're welcome to help.

5. Dwayne

Dwayne Registered

Personally it sounds like your a dick, so no thanks, and when it comes to the cup stuff and every track that's not TSF, I did make it, I pulled those tracks down to the oval and built up and textured everything. Rob is running my 2 year old stuff. Like I said your a dick, you just chased off your best hope.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2015
  6. Minibull

Minibull Member

*whistles nonchalantly*

XD

7. Squeeekmo

Squeeekmo Registered

Quick...hide the popcorn before Michael Jackson shows up.

8. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

That went south pretty quickly... :eek:

9. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

*you're

10. RG6871

RG6871 Registered

Is there currently any way to turn on the virtual cockpit in your rearview mirror?

11. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

See what I mean Tim? I'm just not a likeable kind of person... I think I'll go cry myself to sleep. :(

12. BlaringFiddle5

BlaringFiddle5 Registered

I have a question about the stock cars under yellow. There is this large translucent box that appears in the middle of the screen when a caution flag comes out. I assume it is supposed to give you some information about who you are supposed to follow or something. Mine is blank. Is that not implemented yet, or is my install broken?

13. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

It shouldn't be blank. Something is wrong. Maybe install the Light install over it.

14. Traveller

Traveller Member

Do you have the stock car plug ins enabled?

15. BlaringFiddle5

I do indeed ... the box appeared last build (before 1008 ... before the stock car release). It has never had anything in it...

16. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

Yeah, it should have yellow/caution info in it.

I suggest pulling your packages and setups and paints etc and reinstalling and going with their default installation.

17. daredbarn

daredbarn Registered

I guess this would be as good as time as any to ask....

Should the leader's choice of lane start be showing up at the start of the race or no? I see in the changelog that it should be there for restarts, but nothing mentioned about the start.

Also...

Anyone know if we are going to see more garage implementation as the patches come in? I see packers but no bumpstops. Anyone know if their coming? Possibly the ability to preload spring rubbers before the start so you can remove as opposed to just installing during the race. Packers probably wouldn't be a bad option either. I redid the garage menu YEARS ago when SCE was in it's infancy sort of. Added the spring rubber buttons in the garage menu, etc. Not sure if it was ever implemented into SCE in RF1 or not. Not hard to do, but would be a waste if it's coming anyway.

I will say that I enjoy what's there....been a long time coming. I said I would purchase a license if they ever dropped the stock cars, and they did, so here I am.

18. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

Glad to have you aboard Daredbarn.

19. BlaringFiddle5

I have re-installed over top and verified that the plugins are there ... I don't wanna remove me data dir :( hate doing that :) I'll contact support and see if there is anything they can do...

20. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

Blaring... make a whole second install in another location.