Stock Car Community

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kristoff Rand, Sep 25, 2015.

1. M D Gourley

M D Gourley Registered

Hello everyone,
    Really liking the new Stockcar, so had a go on Indianapolis - Brickyard with a set up supplied from Tim Wheatley ( a few posts back)...definitely helped, but sadly I still need a lot of practice as I was all over the place...it was tough work on that track...LOL.
    Thanks to ISI for stepping up to the plate and giving the Sim Community great Stockcar/Nascar with AI. below link to a You Tube video of my attempt at the Brickyard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKgF4O98t3w

2. KingKenny04

KingKenny04 Registered

Okay that makes more sense. I didn't know the aero packages were forced even in offline mode. Also didn't know they could run Charlotte flat in qually this year.

3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Our track isn't 1:1 of any real track, obviously, but this video might be useful.

4. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

Is this a thing?

We almost named a mod FASCAR

5. Blood-1

Blood-1 Registered

For people too lazy to find it, that shows the pole sitter lifting a bunch in 3-4 on brand new tires when he's entering 10mph slower than a flying lap but doing a normal mid-corner speed. (dropped to 180 on the flyer, which was I believe the fastest lap run at Charlotte so far this year and half a tenth faster than the 600 pole anyways)
    https://www.youtube.com/embed/QJ6nxE6ED34#t=23m45s

How exactly one gets the idea anyone is doing flat out race laps in a Cup car is beyond me.

6. sg333

sg333 Registered

Whats most impressive in the video is the grip the cars have as they turn onto pit road at near racing speed

7. M D Gourley

M D Gourley Registered

Brookdale Speedway...This is a fantastic track and is a scratch build, produced by Jarkko “Jka” Kauppi, with cameras from “yoss”.
    It would have to be my favorite at the moment, it's just a white knuckle, adrenaline ride when loading up the track with 25 cars. I have still plenty of practicing to do as I rolled my car part way through the race...lol
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1-zF0s6-Fw

8. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Thanks [emoji6]

9. palm3r

palm3r Registered

More official servers for new ISI stock car and non-oval tracks.
    New stock car is very fun on non-oval tracks :)

10. 88mphTim

Along with the text of my post, in context, it can explain exactly that. :)

11. 88mphTim

I'll switch them out at some point soon. :)

12. palm3r

palm3r Registered

Thanks, Tim! :)

13. Traveller

Traveller Member

Not of which I'm aware. I don't go in to every nook and cranny of the sim racing world though. I basically visit here. I'll look into RSC if Tim gets it going again. Anyway, I was just throwing out a possible name. If you've got one already then good deal.

14. Dwayne

Dwayne Registered

Your video's are Qualifying, not race trim, with a lot more grill tape which adds a lot more down force they can almost flat foot it. But that's not race trim there talking about. and the tire model is off about 20 lbs on air pressure.

15. KingKenny04

KingKenny04 Registered

This clears things up a lot, thanks Tim.

Will the aero packages be unlocked at some point? I think it would be cool to compare the difference in feel of the Speedway and Speedway II packages at various tracks.

16. Matt Sentell

Matt Sentell Registered

BTW the reason I asked about your lap times is the fastest I've seen is 27.682, which is still a full half second off of Kurt Busch's 2014 qualifying record. This was with a lot of rubber down (in the sim) and the sim seems to be letting us qualify with less than a full tank of fuel as well. I can't even get below 28 yet though. The one thing I'd say is it seems like people are getting very fast times by cranking on the steering lock and just powering through it, leaving a stripe and smoke all the way around 3 and 4. I don't know if that's a network thing or if they're really doing it though.

17. johnsclander

johnsclander Registered

Are the options in "tunning" menu explained somewhere?

Thanks a lot.

18. Blood-1

Blood-1 Registered

The lap record was done with 150 more horsepower, a 2" taller spoiler, and night time qualifying. 2015 day time you're looking at a 27.75.

They weren't quite that fast because I hacked out the setup but you can definitely run 1-2 flat by smoking the right rear.

19. RG6871

RG6871 Registered

Went online already so many different versions of the series. lol
    further fragmentation of the community. Why does everyone have to
    modify the release? I mean if you know so much why didn't you just
    save ISI the trouble and make your own! hahahaha

20. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

TBH I think they are cranking it and the car isn't losing as much grip as it should from doing so. I've seen a couple of comments about people flat footing Mountain Peak, but I know whenever I try it I just get a crap ton of understeer to the point the tires are going to be toast in a few laps or I've scrubbed off so much speed it doesn't matter.

It's borderline impossible to lose the car unless you do something incredibly stupid, even if you set it up incredibly loose. There is something going on that is leading to being able to drive these in a borderline exploitative manner.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2015