Stock Car Community

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kristoff Rand, Sep 25, 2015.

1. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

2. mschreiner

mschreiner Registered

Make sure you have no Aids on.
    You should be able to flat foot for maybe a lap or 2 and then it should start sliding around.
    The tires should start to get pretty hot on lap 3 and 4 causing you to slow down some to maintain grip.

3. KingKenny04

KingKenny04 Registered

I dont run with any aids. With a tiny amount of flick I can run flat all the way around, assuming I hit my line just right. The tires dont seem to fall off at all.

If this track is supposed to be modeled after Charlotte, then you shouldn't be able to flat foot all the way around for any amount of laps, certainly not in the low downforce package. I don't know if this is a tire issue or a track issue, but its an issue.

4. Minibull

Minibull Member

You must be smoking the crap out of your tyres, chuck a vid up with the tyre temp monitor open up so we can see

Edit: oh and I see PRC are already knee deep in it...:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2015
  5. KingKenny04

KingKenny04 Registered

The right sides light up on the app, but that doesnt seem to have any affect on the grip levels. The tires dont feel like they're losing any grip.

The big issue is that I'm able to run flat out around Charlotte. That shouldn't be possible if these are supposed to simulate 2015 Gen6 cars. What I'm trying to figure out is if thats an issue with the car, the tire model, or something with the track itself.

6. Traveller

Traveller Member

rASCAR?

7. Minibull

Minibull Member

So how many laps can you do like that? I had a 15 lapper, most of it driving as you normally would, then the last 3 I spent going hard on the tyres. They were shot down into the orange wear levels and temps were real high. Major loss of grip for me.

8. KingKenny04

KingKenny04 Registered

I can run about 15 before it feels like I'm losing grip, but even at that the falloff is really slow.

Like I said before, the biggest issue is that I can run flatout in the first place. That shouldn't be possible with the low downforce package, even on fresh tires.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7O0pDRLSPW0

9. Matt Sentell

Matt Sentell Registered

Not to offend if you're an expert on rF2, but are you sure you're on the low downforce package? The tracks enforce a certain package, which isn't very clear to the user, so you can think that you're setting different packages in the Tuning section but it isn't really having an effect. Sorry if you already know about this.

I'm trying to figure out what the track is enforcing, whether it's the low downforce or the old package.

What are your lap times when doing this?

10. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Very good point.
    The asterisk in the tuning menu means that a certain package is enforced due to the track you've chosen.
    As far as I know the user cannot override this (please correct me if I'm wrong).

So if you're choosing the super speedway package when racing at Charlotte, you're actually not running the super speedway package.

11. Minibull

Minibull Member

Mountain Peak seems to be giving me a high downforce version, doesn't look like the low downforce one.

12. Emery

Emery Registered

From what I've seen of the online races on the ISI servers is that lap times fall off very steadily, whether people believe they're losing grip or not. Those races are only 15 laps long and I don't think they're set to accelerated wear.

13. KingKenny04

KingKenny04 Registered

Didn't even think about that. I was testing in singleplayer so I assumed it wouldn't force me into a specific package. I'll have to check.

14. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Yep, me too. The higher downforce package is forced.
    As it should be, because running super speedway config at Mountain Peak would be.. well.. stupid. ;)

15. M D Gourley

M D Gourley Registered

Thank you Mr Wheatley,
    Keep up the great work...as you are filling a much needed gap with quality Stockcar/Nascar with AI in Sim Racing...'See a Need, Fill a Need'

16. KingKenny04

KingKenny04 Registered

Low Downforce =/= SuperSpeedway. I was talking about the Speedway II config.

17. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

On Mountain Peak it's the "Speedway" tuning option that's forced.
    If you select "Speedway II" or any other package, the car will still load with the "Speedway" package, because it has the asterisk next to it.

18. Dwayne

Dwayne Registered

You should not be able to run 1 lap wide open at any 1 1/2 track with a race set.

19. Minibull

Minibull Member

Have you seen the amount of lock applied and the black line that gets left when you do though? It's just crazy.

It is seriously like a 45 degree angle for the front wheels

20. mschreiner

mschreiner Registered

First the video you posted was into a run in that race so yes they can not flat foot it.
    If you watched the All Star race and Coke 600 they could Flat foot if in clean air on a restart for a lap or 2.
    They used the Higher down force package at those races.

As for rF2 the Packages are forced due to track type and you can not over ride them.

There is a track that will be out soon that will use the low downforce package.

Hope that helps:)