It's official: rFactor 2 coming to Steam!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Sep 24, 2015.

1. mrmat01

mrmat01 Registered

STEAM SUX hate it. It is a data pig & support all they do is handball sux Steam SUX I have 2 games on steam can not play either of them because steam will not let me even offline. If a game requires steam I will not buy it. STEAM SUX DONT DO IT ISI

2. Minibull

Minibull Member

Hey, that's cool man :)

I have 103 games in steam and they all run great

3. Woodee

Woodee Registered

You may be in the minority buddy. I think there is something seriously wrong with your machine that it can't run games from Steam.

STEAM SUX!!!111!! *face palm*

ISI have said they are moving rF2 to Steam... suck it up princess, it's happening :p However.... Kerbal Space Program (I mentioned before) are able to run a Steam and non-steam version side by side. But then again, they don't have multiplayer so not sure how Steam and non-steam players could play together until ISI come forth with more info on the subject on how they are implementing it.

4. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

uhm, like they did with rf1???

5. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Might be careful what you write in detail here. ISI didn't say they are "moving" rF2. They said it will be available on Steam and we don't know yet if that means additionally, only, or whatever.

For the second part of the sentence - while the post you replied too wasn't highly praiseworthy itself, certainly if it was the case that exsisting customers would be forced to Steam that is no matter to just "suck it up". What counts is what I agree to at the time of purchase.

6. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Yeah, when I meant move I didn't mean physically.... switch may have been a better word to use.

Now my sarcastic "suck it up" may have been misplaced, but the meaning is the same. From ISI's history they are very straight forward, when they say they will do something, nothing changes their mind.

Will just have to wait and see how ISI implement Steam involving rF2.

7. mrmat01

mrmat01 Registered

Suck it up princess? I'm sorry do you have a fanatical interest in Steam? Pull your head in boofhead. In fact I have a hi end machine its the extra cost associated with steam. STEAM is a data pig Like I said I have 2 games on steam & cant play them EVEN OFFLINE one of them require 14GIG of updates I paid almost $100 for the game & cant play it because STEAM WONT LET ME I live in remote Australia & I have only one viable service provider for my internet @ $50 for 3gig of data you do the math DH. Cost of game + downloading the updates =$$$. I'm quite happy to play the game without the updates as I only play offline BUT STEAM WONT LET ME all I get is a message saying this game is not ready for offline play & steam support wont even answer me. So boofhead minority or not STAEM SUX

8. ErnieDaOage

ErnieDaOage Registered

The same as every other company with their own launcher. you hit play rfactor 2 and the launcher will fire up where you start the same way as everybody now. The only difference is that you can download rf2 with its content through steam and modders can also provide their mods through the steam workshop. And its probably set to autoupdate every time there is a new build. Maybe they are also working on a way to provide an automatic install of mods through the workshop feature. But you can advertise your product to a wider audience of people if the tags are set properly. Its a bit weird if you have tagged simulation in steam and get ads from construction site simulators, farming simulators and all those wide range of machine simulators which are kinda boring because they are not very well developed.

9. Carlo

Carlo Registered

Originally, the sole reason I chose rF2 was because it wasn't on Steam. I will never install anything using Steam.

That said, as long as rF2 is available as it is now, I don't have any objection to it also being available on Steam. In fact, this is a good thing for those that prefer the Steam platform. It's all about choice.

10. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

It should be this approach. I am not concerned.

11. rhamm

rhamm Registered

ISI would be idiots to stop offering it as it is now because they make more money on each copy sold via their website than they will on Steam.

12. MapleHamwich

MapleHamwich Registered

Yep.

And for ISI, its a revenue stream proposition. Steam means more exposure. Just as there are people who will not buy anything on steam, there are people who will not buy anything unless its on Steam. The income generated less the 30% that Valve takes is probably offset through volume for ISI. They would have discovered this with their rF1 experiment.

13. RaceDoedel

RaceDoedel Registered

Any forecast for the release date on steam ?

I have to reinstall my rfactor2 :eek:
    Too many mods installed.

In the future I will continue with two rf2 installations. One incubator (for testing) and the real installation.

14. Woodee

Woodee Registered

They generally don't give release dates.

15. RaceDoedel

RaceDoedel Registered

;)

Yeah, you are right. I forgot, sorry. I will never ask again :confused:

The title of this thread is: "rfactor 2 is coming to steam".
    I can wait ...

16. Jeffro503

Jeffro503 Registered

Hey guys , new to the forum here. I had a quick question. If I was to buy RF2 online , would hey send me a steam key when it finally gets on there? I play a lot of GSCE and this is what Reiza did , so I'm hoping the guys from ISI will do the same. I'd like to go ahead and buy this so I can have a couple different installs for mods and so forth. I've got my steam install of GSCE and 3 other installs due to excessive mods. Anyways , glad I joined up here. Looks like a good place to hang out for a racing community.

17. yusupov

yusupov Registered

im pretty confident if you buy rf2 now youll be able to move to steam when its released there, if thats what you mean. i really wouldnt worry about waiting for it be on steam to buy.

18. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

they did that for rf1 as well, so I would be really surprised if they weren't going to be doing it this time. However, Tim Wheatley has said he would answer some questions/explain some stuff sometime, all at once. So I guess (hopefully somewhere this week/month) you would have an official answer.

19. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Does it mean that guys like URD could sell content inside Steam platform as well?

20. Jeffro503

Jeffro503 Registered

Well that sounds like good news. I think I'll finally go ahead and purchase this sim. Don't know why it's taking me this long. Besides that I want to check out what this thing looks like on my new 34" Acer XR34ck monitor!! Yeehaww! Should be here in a couple days.