It's official: rFactor 2 coming to Steam!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Ingy

Ingy Registered

Thanks guys, honor is mine :)

2. TJones

TJones Registered

+1

Hope to see more in the future. :)

3. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

May I ask who are you and where have you been till now? :)

Joking aside, very good video editing. We can only hope for more coming from you because they are showing RF2 in great light. Great showcase.

Not to disregard anybody else's work, BSNismo was also doing great videos before but haven't heard from him here a long time..

4. Ingy

Ingy Registered

Hiding in the bushes :)

I hope too, trying to arrange life so I can do more of this stuff. Especially the response on the video really give a boost on motivation. Again thanks guys it means alot to me.

5. Hybridesque

Hybridesque Registered

As long I don't need to register or have to do anything with Steam, then I'm cool with this. I paid up for life already.

6. Duvel

Duvel Registered

really happy to hear this, two things i hope for: (1) to pay my yearly fee (or upgrade to life time) via steam wallet. (2) for mods to be moved to steams workshop so we can have crazy fast downloads, etc.

7. Ivan Baldo

Ivan Baldo Registered

Oh! A very short day-night-day cycle would be so nice in this video!!! Maybe cutting just a bit of regular racing and add the cycle in-between to try not to increase the length.
    And a weather cycle: sun, cloudy, foggy, rain, dry, would be so nice too!!!
    Ok, can't have it all...
    Do you realize that the sim is so complete, that it is practically impossible to show everything it does in a 2 minute video?
    AWESOME! Congrats to the team!

8. mha1012

mha1012 Registered

When i switch over to Steam Rfactor 2 would it help if i have saved all my installed packages? My package folder is about 15 gigs and if i could just transfer that over it would save some downloading.

I have to think about those options since Comcast put me on a 300 gig cap on my internet. A cord cutter can bump up against that cap very easily every month.

I'm praying to the baby jesus for some internet provider competition here in Altanta.

9. Eddy

Eddy Registered

And they don't lie to you Ingy, it was really charming to look at.

10. Minibull

Minibull Member

Really loved the video I have to say, I watched it first thing when I woke up the other day, and it looks stunning. All the "camera" work was excellent :)

11. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

How did you get flicker- and shimmer-free shadows at Monaco (for example)?

12. Ingy

Ingy Registered

Again thx guys, I'm melting :D.
    To be honest I don't know. But maybe since I could use the latest versions of cars/tracks, that might be a case.

13. hammer666

hammer666 Registered

Ok, serious questions.

Does this move to Steam mean there'll be some fixes for assists to attempt to make things a little more pleasant for the new player within the game?

TCS and ABS working properly? Rather than just putting on the limiter?
    Autogears that don't kill the player way too often?

And any sign of offline championships?

14. yusupov

yusupov Registered

TC & ABS dont work??? i used ABS set to low for quite awhile with my g27 pedals & it seemed great. they still locked up if i really had to mash the brakes but otherwise it was smooth. tbh i forget about TC so idk about that one. if its not mappable, it should be...(and if it is, i need to map it)

honestly though i dont think rf2 is built to be any kind of 'gateway drug'...not only is it punishing but its ffb is fantastic, gamers do not have ffb wheels laying around, & of the ones who do, is a hardcore sim really what theyre going to gravitate towards? as i said earlier i see the main benefit of rf2 to steam will be having a much easier time scooping up ppl who got into simracing through other avenues & want something more.

15. hammer666

hammer666 Registered

I know I used lots of swear words with that post, bad hammer.

But fact is, a lot of gamers like assists when they're new to a title as they find their way around.
    ABS is ok (unless you have autogears), TC is not great lets face it. And the autoblip/lift around autogears will kill you in many cars (shifting gear mid corner and "boop" insta-death).

And besides, Elitism sucks, in all it's guises, sorry. :)

16. yusupov

yusupov Registered

idk what elitism has to do with anything. rf2 is a hardcore sim, it does have a lot of features to make it more accessible but at the end of the day thats going to be for a very small % of the userbase. people who want a more casual racing experience will rightfully look elsewhere.

like i said i cant speak about the TC, it should be as good as any other sim, & if its not, thats an issue. and i absolutely agree the automatic shifting stuff should be sorted if thats bugged, but it seems very possible ISI have no idea its a problem since so few people use that feature.

im not saying "screw people who use assists" at all, but it is a fact that this just isnt an accessible title & i think ISI are fine with that fact. its never going to have a 'forza mode', even AC & pCARS failed quite miserably at that.

17. hammer666

hammer666 Registered

"Hardcore" what does that mean anyway?
    Surely realism is what we should be striving for?
    Anyway, the assists are there, should be based on real world assists, and need a bit of tweaking, all I'm saying. :)

18. yusupov

yusupov Registered

well, youre not specifying what you mean by that, whats wrong with them? like i said, i felt ABS worked great.

'hardcore' as i used it means a few things, one of them that this is a niche product, whos market is primarily hardcore fans of the genre. like a DCS flight sim or something accessibility is not a priority, & yes in both these cases that means realism is. there can be hardcore games in any genre though, and its a value neutral word as i use it.

19. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Assists are all the F keys.

20. Lou Is

Lou Is Banned

Yes, my esquizofrenic aunt.