New Here, Loving the Game! Few Questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Boomer20, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Boomer20

Boomer20 Registered

I recently bought this, Im having loads of fun with it, been looking for a while for a really good racing simulator and safe to say I found what I was after.

I have a few questions though:

1) Since updating to the latest build, my Renault Clio Safety Car ( And the SLS on my test mod) have disappeared and been replaced by a corvette. Is this a bug or do I need to do something to get it back?
    2) How do you use or modify the plugins?
    3) Is there a way to modify how frequent the safety car is used or disabling the safety at all? Since the latest build I've found that sometimes a simple spin brings out the safety car when it really doesn't need to.
    4) Lastly is there any manual or information site that can be used to read up on how to use all the setup options. Currently Im using trial and error on some, for example with anti-roll bars I'm use to have sliders that safe soft and hard at either end so I need to kinda work my head around the proper terminology.

I've tried looking for the answers but I've had no luck.

Any help or links to answers would be very much appreciated.

2. AceLain

AceLain Registered

Hi !

1) yeah, the default safety car has been change to the corvette in the last build, to change this to the others one, I will let other with better knowledge help you.

2) in general you will download and install certain plugin made by the community, look in the forum here: http://isiforums.net/f/forumdisplay.php/79-Other

3) the easiest way to prevent the safety car is to change the flag rule in the sessions options from FULL to BLACK or NONE

4) some useful documentation are avalaible, the last one is here, I did not had time to read it thought, so can't comment:
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/26321-RFactor-2-Advanced-Car-Set-up-Guide

Hope that helps

enjoy your sim :)

3. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Hi and welcome!

In your rfactor root-folder theres a folder "UserData" then \Player. In there is a file called "Player.JSON".
    Open with text-editor. Scroll down.
    "Race Conditions":{
    "CURNT Safety Car Thresh":3, ------> bigger number, safety car comes less often.

Do not fiddle around here, if you arent sure! :)
    Make backup-copy first.

Greets
    Pete

4. Boomer20

Boomer20 Registered

Thanks for the help guys

5. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Yes the default has now changed, but there is a way to change for new vMods.

Have a look at this thread on the process of creating vMods: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...-i-have-no-mod?p=385115&viewfull=1#post385115

There are some defaults (without fiddling with files) to use either the Corvette, Mercedes or Clio.

6. shiet

shiet Registered

7. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Best idea for setup get in a room has car you like and ask drivers to send their setups.

They are sent to auto created folder in Settings called " received"
    Load from there then swap back to the folder of the track you are at and re-save the setup there, then reload it.

Do that offline it will save , you can assign a setup for each car and track that way.
    ( ie: if you change setups online they will revert to old ones next startup )

Test each one , you can see differences in 2 setups side by side in garage using "Compare"

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2015
  8. Maug

Maug Registered