Is this realistic???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PearceYaussy, Sep 18, 2015.

1. PearceYaussy

PearceYaussy Registered

It's the URD Aston Martin GT2. I've always thought that the URD GT2 cars had a little too much grip. I got the setup perfect at bathurst, and did this lap:

[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zlei4lzJ8k0[/video]

Especially at turn 10 it feels like it has WAY too much downforce, like a prototype. Am I imagining things, or is that too fast for a GT2 car in real life? Am I being stupid? :p

2. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Please send this in the related thread under "downloadable cars/tracks".
    And yes. URD´s have tons of grip (that´s why people like it so much I guess :p)
    and no, as far as I know they doesn´t represent GT2 class.

3. PearceYaussy

PearceYaussy Registered

I assume they are supposed represent GT2 (or GTLM, whatever they call them now) Isn't the "Arthur Merlin" supposed to be the DBR9?

I posted it here because I was wondering about the realism of the car, not to show off my lap. I will do that elsewhere.

4. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Yes supposed to. But The DBR9 is available with different specs.(?) GT3, GT2, GT1, GTAM, GT...whatsoever
    Let´s take it the other way around: if this URD´s would represent GT2 and you compare it (in laptimes) to the ISI stock corvette C6GT2
    (which should be somewhat realistic) than it´s a faaaaaaar off-mod.

5. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

yes..i find URD cars has a little too much grip.

I think AM GT3 with new CPM has more logical grip level

6. PearceYaussy

PearceYaussy Registered

Does GT2 even exist anymore? The GT/GT-AM cars are the same specs as GT2 back when they ran GT2/GT1 correct?

7. msportdan

msportdan Banned

i think it was that kelvin guy doing the RRe physics for the new gt cars, that said GT3 class cars are especially easier to drive so the amatuer drivers can drive as well as the pros. I, sure it as him who said that. Probably due to all the aids and electronic gizmos.

So maybe not that far off realistic after all. but il like the apex cars they seem more real.

GT3

GT3 was initially launched in 2005 by the FIA, and was designed to fit under the GT2 specification. This category was designed to be much simpler and easier to drive than the GT1 and GT2 classes, so that amateurs and younger drivers could work their way up into higher levels of GT racing. This class has become the most popular class of GT racing in the world as it is present in most regional racing series all over the globe. In the United SportsCar Championship, GT3 cars are run in the GTD class with a different spec- rear wing.

GT3 cars have no limit on engine sizes and configurations, chassis construction, or layout, but they must be based on road cars that are in mass production, and a large variety of cars have been homologated. Occasionally you will see privateers run older GT3 cars, even if they are not in production anymore.

These cars have all been homologated for use in GT3, in alphabetical order. Some are no longer in use, but are still technically legal for use in GT3 races, even if they are not necessarily competitive. Those that have had their homologation expired are noted as such.

8. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

GT2 was replaced by GTE, check this message for main differences : http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...June-27th-2015?p=385535&viewfull=1#post385535

To complete
    GT2 : Traction control, Sequential shifter with no autoblip but with auto lift and restricted regulation for dimension/weight/power
    GTE : Traction control, Paddle Shift with semi automatic autoblip/auto lift and restricted regulation for dimension/weight/power
    GT3 : Traction control, ABS, Paddle Shift with semi automatic autoblip/auto lift (more power than GTE (depending the car, less aéro than GTE)

The URG cars are mapped on GTE, not on GT3.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2015
  9. PearceYaussy

PearceYaussy Registered

msportdan Yes, but I think the URD cars are supposed to represent the current GTE (GTLM in the US) cars, which are the successors of the GT2 class, not GT3.

10. msportdan

msportdan Banned

aww my bad, ignore my post..

11. RJames

RJames Registered

No the URD AM is the Vantage, not the DBR9 which is a very different car with very different mechanics under the shell.

12. JNRRR

JNRRR Registered

GTE-cars have in reality tons of grips. That´s why they have perfect prepareted slick tires, these big wings, a highly modificated and adjustable supspension and so on, and so on , and so on...

From Wikipedia:
    " Le Mans Grand Touring Endurance, shortened to LM GTE, is a set of regulations maintained by the Automobile Club de l'Ouest (ACO) for grand tourer racing cars used in the 24 Hours of Le Mans and its associated series. The class was formerly called GT2 when it was used in the 24 Hours of Le Mans to distinguish it from faster GT1 cars."

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2015
  13. PearceYaussy

PearceYaussy Registered

Correction: This is the V8 Vantage GTE, not the DBR9. Oops.

14. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

The Ford GT can be a GT1 or GT3 car... Depends on the Horse Power. iRacing produced it as a GT3 and the corvette as a GT2 or GT1... I know it just trounces the GT40 in the races and that's freaking sacrilegious.

From what I have read about the GT series, it's been in constant flux throughout it's history and especially in the last 6-8 years? Did they even have them in the last 2 years? I know the FordGT is coming back next year... with an even more sacrilegious V6... Sigh...

Personally I think the URD cars are perfect in the grip department. Fun and controllable... Apex seems to have some front end wash out. It doesn't have enough grip for a Porsche on the front end and it has massive top speed... Can't speak for the other cars.

15. msportdan

msportdan Banned

front end wash out..?! does that mean understeer?

16. Lazarou

Lazarou Registered

I thought it meant cleaning your man bits outside, but it appears to be a term cyclists of the motor variety use when the front end goes. So yes understeer.

17. PearceYaussy

PearceYaussy Registered

Fun and controllable, yes. But are they realistic? That's what I'm worried about. This ain't no Need for Speed or Forza, this is rFactor yo!

18. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Hah. Yes, EGT cars have lots of grip. Real counterparts, the GTE cars, are the fastest GT cars (outside GT500, DTM, because I consider them GT prototypes). They have immense amount of grip, downforce. However grip levels at EGT are big, true. They were designed by the team that are making them to be easy and approachable so people will actually want to drive them, buy them.

I think with just a tad less aero grip and should be fine. EGT cars have very stable tyre set. It's not just a matter of downforce, tyres are forgiving. Like I said, it's by the design.

19. PearceYaussy

PearceYaussy Registered

What do you mean buy them? They are all free.

20. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Where did you get them?