[REL] EGT/PX Skinpack LM/WEC/USCC/Misc Update

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by ethone, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Fraggon

Fraggon Registered

Is anyone interested in doing a 2016 update of the pack? I didn't do any skins in 2015 but I would like to do some 2016 WEC/ELMS skins soon.

I'm neither a good nor a fast skinner but I can get at least some of those liveries done.

Perhaps a few people would like to add some skins themselves.

2. brownninja97

brownninja97 Registered

I can't confirm but ill likely be doing the new 2016 911 RSR skins in assetto corsa because they look awesome. I'll convert them over of course because its a pretty easy process(there is a special place in heaven for the people at kunos and isi that decided to use DDS for skins).

3. agara93

agara93 Registered

G-Drive #26 (WIP)

[​IMG]

4. colinL

colinL Registered

Hey there, I'm new to rFactor 2 (had rF1 tough) and since I really liked the URD Stuff in Assetto I also purchased it for rF2 and am using your skinpack. Small question tough: Where are the Audi liveries for download and are the Porsche liveries and Oreca 05 planned? really missing those, especially the Loire/Oreca 05 could use some more liveries as it is the only LMP2 currently..

Thanks

5. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Could it be updated to the egt v2?

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9301I mit Tapatalk

6. ethone

ethone Registered

Technically yes.

I tried to, but it seems the MAS tools don't run properly on my recently rebuilt computer. No idea why, I can set up the component, click on package and nothing happens. At first it was only the Bayro, which I got to properly package with an older version of the MAS tools. Now after having made a change that requires re-packaging all the cars again I can't package a single car anymore.

7. atlantakat

atlantakat Registered

Ethone, I so hope you can find a solution and can do an upgrade to 2.0. Your skin pack was the best and added so much to the URD mod. While I like the changes to the 2.0 cars, I miss running against a real field of GT cars and drivers!

8. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

You can use the Addon AI's... They are indepent from version numbers. If URD updates their cars you can still use them.

Virtual Rides:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/2e...irtualRides.7z
    https://mega.nz/#!IhQFiJyZ!3zGsGeqpj...bafsNW5bIiXiEQ
    http://we.tl/WrztO8le2U

9. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

For people who would like to use update instead of Virtual Rides, here's how to do it for your private use. Please, do not distribute your re-pack, that is up to the creators of this awesome pack (thanks guys, really brings EGT mod to life).

Please note, Mas2.exe tool is buggy, so do not give up if it refuses to pack, read steps below. The list below might seem intimidating, but do not worry. It is easy, and whole update can be repackaged in 5 minutes. And, you'll have update the rF2 way, with uninstall support and separate car classes.
    1. Download .rfcmp update packages from the OP.
    2. Copy update .rfcmps to some location, I would recommend using folder orig or something like that, so that you can easily tell original update from your version.
    3. Use this tool https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/mas-file-extractor-rfcmp-installer-url-handler.42844/ to extract contents of each update .rfcmp. Store each extracted set of files in a separate folder.
      [​IMG]
    4. Start MAS utility.
      [​IMG]
    5. Click on "Create the package file" and choose "Create Single Cmp Package". [​IMG] [​IMG]
    6. Click "Add new component" and type component name matching original URD component name. You can find this name in Package Manager UI.
      [​IMG]
    7. Select where to save new .rfcmp file. I'd suggest using location different from original .rfcmps for simplicity
      7.1 Click "Update from" checkbox and enter 2.0 as version we're updating from.
      7.2 For our new package, enter new version number, higher than 2.0, I used 2.01.
      7.3 In the "MAS Files" area, select original update .mas file to include in your re-packaged update.[​IMG]
    8. Click "Package" button.
    [​IMG]
    9.Repeat for all cars.

If you briefly see progress bar, and then completion message you are in luck. If nothing happens, try removing all components from component list, and starting over. Another trick that helps is re-starting MAS Utility. I was not able to catch the exact bug. It might be due to confusion, but it seems like launching MAS utility from rF2 launcher helps too.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
  10. DaveS78

DaveS78 Registered

11. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

Here is the link to my full v2 carset.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/umgrh6cz638uxso/URD+to+ES+version+2.7z

This is more of a proof of concept instead of an actual mod and skin set. This is a way to show that you can add a custom class within the virtual ride system of rF2 (a BIG thank you to Gysbers). In this particular case, it is to add URD cars to the EnduSeries mod. This will add approximately 150 various skins. Before installing, please back up your Userdata\Player\Settings\URD_* folders as some of these skins may over ride existing skins.

You will need to have the URD EGT and PX mods installed.

A big thank you to all of the original artists

LM2015 Skins from here (just renamed the files)
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/26351-EGT-PX-Skinpack-LM-WEC-USCC-Misc-Update

Other artists who have approved their work and will be coming soon
    #UD#
    agara9
    Graham Botha
    NCIS
    Ralf1973
    [RSR]Deathstroke
    SynysterPlague
    TheHammes
    If I have missed you please let me know an I will add you!

bhendrik likes this.
  12. Matt21

Matt21 Registered

many thanks Chris
    since ES mod release and i had already EGT mod, i invested in PX this week to run a full grid with this pack.
    ;-)

Chris Lesperance likes this.
  13. shiet

shiet Registered

Maybe a stupid question: is this an URD EGT/PX skinpack or an EnduSeries skinpack?

14. Chris Lesperance

It's a URD skin pack that puts those cars into the ES mod. No ES skins...yet :)

15. shiet

shiet Registered

Does this work without the ES mod installed? That's what I'm looking for.

16. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

Yes, :) But you won't have the Enduracers P 2 Class on the grid.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
  17. shiet

shiet Registered

OK, thanks.

18. shiet

shiet Registered

I tried it, it's awesome, thanks!
    Why aren't there any Arthur Merlin skins?

19. Chris Lesperance

I do have Arthur Merlin's converted over, but ES has their Astons as well. They has all with the exception of the 2016s. I held off releasing those as that would cause duplicate skins.

20. domhnall

domhnall Registered

Can anyone point me to where I can download the Le Mans skins for the UGT Arthur Merlin??