What is considered to be the best value for money steering wheel and pedals

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HuntTheShunt, Sep 16, 2015.

1. HuntTheShunt

HuntTheShunt Registered

Not been using rFactor for a while and was wondering what the best value for money steering wheel and pedals are now.

Back when I was racing rFactor1, G25 was the best value for money; however, from comments I have read the G25 and the G27 does not let rFactor2 provide the full FFB to the driver.

2. RJames

RJames Registered

I found the T300 to be very good value however the default pedals are nothing to shout about. I have seen though that now Thrustmaster offer the base/pedals separately to build your own package.

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

From other users & reviews the T300 (Wheel) and after a lot of my own research that's what I'm getting next, not sure about the pedals as I'll be forking out a bit more cash for the Clubsport V3s I think (90% sure but still research to be done), along with the SHH Shifter.

4. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I remember hearing the same thing from Frans way back build60, he
    was little unhappy with forces on G27 but could still lap like a demon.

I think it was ripple strips and badly mapped tracks mainly.
    I was always a few tenths quicker at the rough Kyalami and Jarama when most every track we drove he would kick my butt. ( since then he upgraded to CSW and CSW2 and now Accuforce lool )

Those G25 and G27 comments you mention aside, if you also drive other sims as well a fair bit G27 would have to be best bang for buck imo.

5. deBorgo83

deBorgo83 Registered

Very pleased with my T300RS, but the pedals had to go straight away.It's not just the lack of a clutch pedal, but the base is so light it's tough to stop them moving around. I replaced them with a T3PA-Pro, also very good.

6. Joeymaurone

Joeymaurone Registered

Is the T300 base the same as the T500?
    I'm going to the States next month and i'm looking forward to upgrade from my G27 to something else, i would like some Fanatec but any combo (base+wheel+shifter+pedals) is so pricey... so a T500 is more realistic for my budget.

7. aguy0523

aguy0523 Registered

The T500 has a stronger motor but, other than that, I think they are the same? Couldn't find anything different on the website.

EBAY! You can get a T500 anywhere from 300-370 when bidding on auction sales.

8. RJames

RJames Registered

The T300 has a brushless motor, upgraded belts (providing a smoother feeling) over the T500 however yes the T500 is slightly stronger. That said, if you need the extra strength of the T500 you should be pumping iron at Golds Gym lol :D

9. Z06Trackman

Z06Trackman Registered

The Fanatec CSR Elite pedals for $150 is a fantastic deal. They work with any wheel, they are made of metal, they have an adjustable load cell brake, adjustable force on the clutch, and gas, and they can be mounted inverted. Once you go load cell brake you will never go back!

10. hariseldon

hariseldon Registered

So.. first timers should go DFGT for tiny amounts of money (like £60 if you know where to look) and stuff a squash ball down the brake. Then upgrade the pedals with a CSR Elite set and the wheel will keep you going for a good couple of years. Finally when you're good to go, get the T300 wheel to replace the DFGT and keep the CSR Elite pedals. Sorted.

11. msportdan

msportdan Banned

i did that,,, had a dfgt then upgraded to a t300. although i can live with (or got used to) the stock t300 pedals. THe dfgt is still a good wheel reliable and gives a good ffb. I miss the sequential stick.