ISI_KodiZR_2005

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by willevans, Sep 15, 2015.

1. willevans

willevans Registered

Hi all

I spent some time playing around with the new KodiZR from ISI. I tried to set up some sort of series with just the A_type but found there were only 6 A_types to race against. After some fiddling and watching a couple of youtube videos for some ideas I came up with this.
    You can now race against a full field of whatever class you want. I enclose a small txt file which hopefully explains it in easy to understand format.

Apologies if it's common knowledge but maybe some will find it useful.

Regards Pete

2. Emery

Emery Registered

You could have also made use of Virtual Rides...

3. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Would seem the idea, I got lost in readme lol

Why can't you just make your own mod, select only A cars and set 12 ai ?

Am I missing something ?

Why would you use Virtual ride unless you had a skin pack ?
    I don't get that either >>>>> DD dumbie lol

Apparently dumbie is new speak for dummy ? ...... actually I like it better. lol

4. Emery

Emery Registered

Virtual Rides can be done entirely from the game without resorting to packaging or Notepad to edit files. You might drop out to a file interface to put skins in place, which is as difficult as the process gets. Thus the whole thing is suited to casual use in single player when you want more AI cars.

If you want a package for online use, then Virtual Rides are not as useful.

5. willevans

willevans Registered

Hi guys thanks for the input. I had tried Virtual Rides previously but had issues with some not appearing for selection etc; Maybe I should look again to see if I might have been doing something wrong. However I like just changing the files as if I set the AI number correctly I get the same drivers etc, nothing else to do except load the track and drive.

I'll give that suggestion of making your own mod a try and see how it turns out.

Regards Pete

PS If I do something like this again I will use HTML then I can use formatting to make things clearer.

6. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Sorry I never realized they were not divided by class when making a Mod.

If you make a mod with only these Cars: #1,#2,#3,#4,#5,#6 ( NOT #01 and #02 ) you will be able to run as many A's as you like as long as you don't mind repeating skins.

They at least use different driver names from what I could see, 20ai + you should be limit I think as there is 20 ai ?

Below is 24 so would be a few doubled up names.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2015
  7. willevans

willevans Registered

Ok I went back and tried the virtual cars. A number of cars are AI only so were not appearing as selectable so I was limited to 11 selectable cars. By editing the files manually I had no such restriction on changing the class types.

Creating a mod I was still limited to the 6 in game AI only cars.

I guess it's horses for courses. I find overall that simple changing of the MAS file was better for me and gave consistent drivers, no messing around as in just choose the type you wanted, job done. If you save the team mas file to a folder before uninstalling it does not need to be done again. If there is a better way I'm all ears ;)

Hi Durge just saw your post now, yes that worked ok but would there be consistency of drivers over a series. As far as I know they are randomly selected over the actual number of cars available, in our case 6 AI.

[edit]
    For a one off race your suggestion would certainly be the way to go.

8. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I dunno on that mate, not too bright on such things, I usually go with what ai throw me.

I not sure if its attached to drivers name ? Seems to be like that with F3 Eve ie: the same bunch of drivers are at the front every race with a few different ones popping up.

If so I not sure how Z driver reacts in A car etc. have no idea , as F3 are all same laptimes/ class.

Guess you just going to have to slap on a ai race and see how they space out.

Only way I know is run 20ai + yourself, will always be same names.

Of course I assume too much most times. lol ;)

[​IMG]