[WIP] Kyalami Racing Circuit

Discussion in 'Locations' started by osiris32, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Toads

Toads Registered

Would you care to expand on that?

2. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

ORSM used Codemasters V8 as base for their F1 Challenge V8.................. at least that is what
    I got told by the guy did early beta physics ( Jayforce ) when we were lanning one night.
    I beta test V8 and the tracks and WSGT , Porsche Cup , BMW and a few others

The mesh size did not match so it had to be x1.5 width or something or rather......you know me I not techie

So what if Kyalami comes for SBK. ? ( I loved that sim too :) )

Every author of every iteration that had permission in every sim from someone else deserves the same respect.

Simple principle. ;)

3. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Because I drove those 100 cars on those AC dark sites ?

They literally all suck, quick conversions from consoles with no knowledge of tyres or chassis.

Physics experts don't grow on trees, seriously it is countless years of practice and hotlapping

Otherwise all sims would be as good to drive even better then rF2 !!

4. Toads

Toads Registered

Well, I can inform you that your statement is utter BS because I was with ORSM during the F1C99-02 thru to early rF1 days, and I know the bloke who built the models from scratch (spent many a nights talking with Mojo, and skinning his models). Jason knows the bloke as well, so he also is speaking out of his arse. I guess the fallacy come about because someone got their nose outta joint.

I can't talk for ORSM post 2006, but everything before that was scratch built and I'd be fairly confident that trend continue thereafter with ORSM.

5. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

How do you guys know that this is not legal converted track ?
    Just to info this track is also one parth of rFactor F1 - 1992 Tracks (F1SR), Round One South Africa GP.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2015
  6. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

7. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Nice track but maybe too bright to my eyes. I like the older layout more but this is nice too.

8. Toads

Toads Registered

True, it needs a lot of tidying up and toning down to get it anywhere near acceptable for rfactor 2.

9. Emery

Emery Registered

<cough> Probably why there's a WIP in the subject line instead of REL <cough>

10. Toads

Toads Registered

Gotta love a smartar$e

So how's that progressing then?
    FWIW, If you follow the links to the website by the OP, it's seems it's pretty well a deserted place.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2015
  11. Emery

Emery Registered

Geez, the WIP release is not even a month old and you're already declaring it abandoned?!? FWIW, both stonec and osiris are fairly active on this site. Just check their profiles.

12. Toads

Toads Registered

I never declared it abandoned, those are your words. You thought you'd state the obvious about the the threads title, and I was asking what else you knew about, because if you visit their site there's no news happening over there either.

So what is it. Are you playing Capt Obvious or do you actually know something about how this is progressing?

13. osiris32

osiris32 Registered

We also run a large league so we will look at it this winter possibly.

14. Toads

Toads Registered

LOL, possibly...

Righto, Emery. Knowing what I do about this version of Kyalami. I'm willing to bet it's now a abandoned project. 850+ textures, probably 300+ material edits, rewriting the GDB & SCN files to suit rF2, and the rest of the requirements for rF2. It's a pretty safe bet this is about as good as it's going to get. It's why it had me beat, and I had to walk away at a 0.9 version of it for rF1.

But hey, osiris32. Don't let that stop you from proving me wrong, you picked the mother of all projects taking this one on. :p

15. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

great track heres some of the readme from rf1

Simbin bought it over from SBK to F1C for GTR2002 Mod
    * TheHeathen converted it to GTR
    * Ferrari27 and DeadEyeski got it into rFactor

permissions well who do you ask

http://www.hostingbytes.us/images/3/2079392.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2015
  16. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

17. Toads

Toads Registered

Thing is there was a lot more content (models & textures) added to the circuit once it was handed to me from Ferrari27, it was a bare bone track that had very little added to it since the conversion from SBK. So during the process I got permission from Euro Danny and afdelta. There's a handful of ISI generic stuff that I didn't source permission for from rF1, and then there's a a few models I created myself. I pretty well reworked 95% of the textures during the process.

So as you can see there's quite a few more than you mentioned that have some input into it. As I said earlier in this thread, if someone wanted to track down the original author you'd be looking for someone who was associated with Milestone of that era, as they'd be the ones to seek permission from. But after sending a couple of e-mails some time back I never got a response. Then again, Milestone could've/would've been contracted to develop it (SBK) for EA Sports, though I never bothered with that route as most would know what it's like to get a reply from EA Sports.

My two cents, I would love to see someone genuinely take it on for the betterment of this build of Kyalami and rF2, and not just bringing it over for bragging rights which tends to happen all too often with these sort of conversions, and then drop them like a hot spud.

But with that said, if someone was to convert it. They should've started with F1SR(?) build because it was re-rendered and may have had Z-buffering done. To me it looked a lot better than what I had compiled with 0.9, If someone bothered to back track for permissions, it's quite possible they might've learnt these useful bits of info during the process. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2015
  18. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

@stonec Is it possible and get this track updated to DX11?

19. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

After reading this whole thread i doubt it but would really love it.
    I wish i had any idea of how to mod but I'm to.... umm what was i saying?

20. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

There is a 70's version out there ;)

2ndLastJedi and Juergen-BY like this.