rFactor2 Newbie

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Sundancer, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Sundancer

Sundancer Registered

Hi all,

Don't burn me if this question/issue has been posted here before...so many threads here...

I used to do a LOT of online racing ( F1 Racing Championship Ubisoft ) but gave it up. After years of being absent in the online racing community I decided to give it another go with rFactor2.
    Installed the demo and after a day I knew this was good stuff !

Purchased, activated and...

- The MOD Manager is not showing up.
    - Can't seem to download / join any tracks in multi player mode, always missing components that can't be downloaded.

Uninstalled it. Downloaded the Lite version, tried it, same problem. Downloaded and installed DSK, nothing changed.

I would REALLY love to have a go in an F1 car on my favorite track Spa-Francorchamps, but already clueless how to go about.

Help needed. Running Windows 10.

Thanks !

2. Ozzy

Ozzy Registered

Open the launcher, click the 'open box' icon, select the 'Remote content' tab. From there you should be able to download and install anything you see.

3. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

4. crz

crz Registered

Depends on the mod creator and/or server admin to set up automatic component downloads, some did that and some don't care or don't know how.

5. Sundancer

Sundancer Registered

I came to find out indeed that a lot of downloads are not ready for automatic downloads. I have been able to download quite a few more tracks and cars.

Still two questions left.....

- Still no MOD Manager showing up in the launcher
    - Any way I can race an "modern" F1 car in Spa. What mod would you recommend ?

Thanks !

6. crz

crz Registered

You can install content via the new launcher but if you need the old mod manager it is still in the rF2 install directory (modmgr.exe). As for the modern F1 car, did you chrck the rF2 download page suggested above?

http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/rf2dl/

There is a generic 2012 F1 car called Formula ISI Master and a 2013 Marussia F1 built by ISI with real data. There are some modern third party F1 mods but I haven't tried any of them yet so I can't comment.

7. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

8. peterchen

peterchen Registered