Scene Not Showing Properly in 3DSIMED?

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by James Kirk, Sep 5, 2015.

1. James Kirk

James Kirk Registered

So I'm looking to convert a track into rFactor 2 (the WCP build of Sochi Autodrom if you're interested) but I'm stumbling at the initial stage here. I bring the .scn file in 3D and all that shows up is like this skybox weather dome - the track is non-existent. I know for certain I'm not doing anything wrong as I've successfully begun the conversion of Lusail Circuit to rFactor 2. I have the distinct impression it's something related to RFE - just interested if anybody has found similar issues?

2. Woodee

Woodee Registered

You must hide/delete the skybox (it is not used in rF2), if all is the well the track is revealed underneath. Make sure you are loading the scn which has the maps and GMT's in the correct folders around it (listed in the SCN file).

3. James Kirk

James Kirk Registered

So looks like for whatever reason the original file was corrupt! Cheers for the confirmation :)

4. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Ah... that won't help matters :)

5. James Kirk

James Kirk Registered

Okay so that's all good now but the tutorial I am following seems a bit dated on how to implement real road? Would you happen to know where a tutorial could be found for this? :p (so real road onto an rFactor 1 conversion)

6. Woodee

Woodee Registered

7. James Kirk

James Kirk Registered

I wouldn't know what to make head and tail of :p I am a complete novice at this stuff so in truth I'd probably need someone explaining it to me rather than me reading :p I'm going to see if I can get the permission to post it as an open WIP rather than a personal project, then perhaps others who know what they are doing can get involved :)

8. Woodee

Woodee Registered

i streamed myself doing this a while ago, but i got sidetracked and didn't finish the process.

9. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

It sounds like search paths are incorrect in the .scn and not finding the objects. Try opening the .scn with notepad and check the search paths and adjust.

This is the search path list from Joesville. All the names are folder names. Make sure yours match your folders.

SearchPath=.
    SearchPath=JOESVILLE
    SearchPath=JOESVILLE\JOESVILLE_SPEEDWAY
    SearchPath=JOESVILLE\ASSETS\GMT
    SearchPath=JOESVILLE\ASSETS\MAPS
    SearchPath=JOESVILLE\pcrew_maps

10. Hazi

Hazi Registered

11. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Any time.