Menu problem

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by SideSwitch, Sep 4, 2015.

1. SideSwitch

SideSwitch Registered

I updated to the newest build just a few hours ago, to try out some of the new cars. However I ran into a weird problem that makes the menu unusable...

View attachment 17837

I already tried everything I could think of, like completley deleting rF2 and reinstalling, but the problem stayed. I even installed and older build just to sure it wasn't my PC, but the older build worked just fine.

I hope someome can help me out, because I really wanna try out the new stuff :(

2. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

What happens when you change UI in customize?
    and maybe even revert back to the one you are using now.

3. SideSwitch

SideSwitch Registered

I'm using the default UI, haven't touched it at all. The thing is, it's the main menu, so I can't do anything. It works just fine in build 982, but as soon as I update it to 998, it does this...

4. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Yes of course, can't reset UI because UI is screwed :p

Have you tried settings in the player.json?

under "Miscellaneous" there are a few items to check, under "SCENE" as well, there's a "Low Detail UI":0 somewhere that could be changed.
    Close rf2 before making changes.

And in the Launcher/settings you can revert back to Default UI
    Changing resolution just to see if things change.

I would also check if there is something 'off' in windows itself, if you have things zoomed for whatever reason for example....it might not be an rf2 issue.

5. SideSwitch

SideSwitch Registered

Well, tried some of the setting you suggested, tried different resolutions aswell. Still no luck. Windows is fine aswell, like I said before, all the builds before this one worked just fine and 998 doesn't, for some reason...

6. andretoniolo

andretoniolo Registered

Hi, just to say I have the same exact issue after updating to build 998! :confused:

cheers!

André

7. SideSwitch

SideSwitch Registered

So, no solution then? :(

8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

when you totally uninstall are you left with any RF2 folders? if there are nay left delete them as *maybe* something keeps lurking around when you re-install and never gets removed properly.

9. SideSwitch

SideSwitch Registered

Sadly that doesn't work either.... No matter what I do, build 998 just doesn't seem to work for me.

10. MarcG

MarcG Registered

what Text Size settings have you got in Windows Control Panel? wondering if that has an effect.

11. SideSwitch

SideSwitch Registered

Never touched it, so it's all default. I just find it odd that every build has worked fine for me, but now that 998 has come along, it doesn't. Just to be clear though, if I install build 982, rF2 works just fine.

12. andretoniolo

andretoniolo Registered

Man, same here... Only thing left is to reinstall Windows. As hard as I want to play the sim I don't really feel like reinstalling the OS. Are you running SLI?

13. SideSwitch

SideSwitch Registered

No, single card, single monitor.... I just don't get it... rF2 worked just fine until the latest build :(

14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Weird, weird, weird.

Probably already gone over this ground: if you updated, have you tried downloading the 998 lite installer and doing that instead? Maybe try installing to a completely different folder, outside of your system drive / program files if that's what you're using (or even if you're not, just a totally separate and fully accessible folder so there's absolutely no chance of any existing files being used/referenced/cached.

Tried windowed mode with a much smaller resolution? When trying different resolutions, does what you end up seeing vary from your screenshot above? (the 'RACE' obviously shouldn't be where it is or on that angle... does it move with different settings?)

15. SideSwitch

SideSwitch Registered

Sadly yes, I've tried all of that and no change in the situation.

16. matf1

matf1 Registered

I've not seen drivers mentioned at all in this thread. Do you have the same issue with different nvidia drivers?

17. SideSwitch

SideSwitch Registered

Yup, didn't change a thing.

18. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Not seen it mentioned, but have you tired running in 32-bit? (click the 'Force 32-bit' in the settings page in the launcher)

Also just noticed the 'Revert to default UI' above it, might be worth a shot if you haven't tried that already.

19. SideSwitch

SideSwitch Registered

Also has been tried, also didn't work :( Like I said, I tried pretty much anything I could think off, but so far, nothing works.

20. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Another shot in the dark but try a different language for your keyboard. I recall rf1 having some issues with the 'wrong' language, no gfx glitches but issues nonetheless.