Multiplayer "series and mods not installed"

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by rossiboy0099, Aug 29, 2015.

1. rossiboy0099

rossiboy0099 Registered

Hi i have renewed my multiplayer account updated to the current build, and installed everything in the lists of cars n tracks, even old versions. I can play single player fine, but in multiplayer everything comes up as series not installed, and no mods installed either so cant access any multiplayer races. Any help, am i overlooking something simple, What makes me scratch my head is iv got all the cars and tracks, but I have never seen any other mods or "Series" to download?

2. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

When you say you have updated all cars and tracks, do you mean isi stock content ? I ask because a lot of servers run 3rd party stuff, if they have getmod enabled, it means you can click get missing components and everything you need will download and install automatically, for example the revs simracing server running the Dallara at Mid Ohio. If the server is unlocked but getmod is not enabled unfortunately you will have to search all over the interweb to find the missing content, mostly unsuccessfully ☺

3. rossiboy0099

rossiboy0099 Registered

Thanks for getting back Yeah, everything on the ISI download utility in game. Iv not found one multiplayer server i can get into so far, leaves me a bit frustrated, So there is no one place to install what i need which leave me a big headach getting to race anybody. Without being an internet expert it seems multiplayer was a waste of money cause im only a casual player who wants to jump in, i dont belong to any club or anything It wasnt that much of a problem in 2012 when i first took out rfactor2

4. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Well the problem is clubs and people pay for their server and its their prerogative to host what they like, which doesn't help the casual pick up racer like yourself, I can only suggest hitting join on a few unlocked servers and try out the getmod/get missing components function. Try the server I suggested, or another one F3 Fanatics, they make life easy when trying to join.
    I think properly implemented the getmod function is fantastic, it sure beats the old install systems like in rf1 and saves a lot of searching for missing tracks and mods. Check the 3rd party downloads section in this forum too.

5. rossiboy0099

rossiboy0099 Registered

Thanks again, but i dont see any get mod/Components function in multiplayer, do I have to find something install from somewhere else ect? just got the "Exit" "Settings" and "network" Buttons, iv not seen anything that relates to get mod in "Settings"

6. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Even though it will say on the right mod or series not installed, you still click join, that's where get mod comes in.

7. drizz786

drizz786 Registered

This may be an old thread but it just helped me, as the series links (or lack of) was driving my daft! thanks to PRC Steve .
    ISI did a video aboput the series but my fresh install knew nothing untill i read this.