How to tell what build you have ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bsmooth, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Bsmooth

Bsmooth Registered

I tried to find out why my newer mods weren't working, however I was told its probably because I have an older RF2 version. So how do I tell what version of RF2 I have right now ?

2. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

When you launch rFactor2 there is a menu on the left. Click the gear icon and read on the bottom left.

If your game doesn't have this menu then it's really outdated :p.

3. Woodee

Woodee Registered

[​IMG]

Bottom left corner after pressing the gear symbol

4. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

And the reason why you have green, purple grass on some tracks, is because your build is too old to incorporate the new shaders for those tracks' grass.

So best to save your packages and maybe a few json files (controller and player+multiplayer files) and setups (svm's) if you need them and uninstall then reinstall the 998 build.
    If you can, stay off the player json and create a new one so you make sure all features are set up correctly by the game.

5. Bsmooth

Bsmooth Registered

Nope doesn't look like that at all. I think it may be build 20 or 382. But I also have a few other questions. First can I do a lite update and will it overwrite what i have now ? Second I have an older system:
    DX: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.00.0904)
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz @ 3.30 GHz
    QPC: 3215410 tps
    SRAM: 8176 MB
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    VRAM: 4058 MB
    Right now it runs smooth as glass with no stuttering, yet I keep reading on the forums, about stuttering issues with newer builds, so If I update to the newest build and I have stutter issues, can I revert back to an older build where there aren't stutter problems ? and where can you download older builds ?

6. TJones

TJones Registered

In case you have a very old build (more than about 8 month) than Click at UPDATE tab (arrow).
    Old Launcher.jpg

I recommend a update then!

7. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Bsmooth, you said your grass looked weird in a now-closed topic yesterday. Your obsolete version is the reason for this.

Anyhow Build 382 is waaay to old to be updated. Nuke your current install (save userdata and packages). And then you download the 998 lite and install that, then you overwrite the packages and userdata folders with the ones you saved. That's the easiest way to get out of your troubles. It's not the most complete way because then you have leave out the userdata and start a new one over..

8. peterchen

peterchen Registered

I wouldn´t use the old userdata! It contains also player.JSON which is no more the same.
    You can use the old controller.ini though. Make it fresh! :cool:

9. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Exactly my point :) Make it fresh.

10. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Given how old the build is, it is likely the content installed dates back to some ungodly looking beasts. I had the same GPU before updating last year, the one thing you will notice is HDR is on by default so you will lose ~13 FPS in that card but there have been some small optimizations in the game plus some reworking of content so you won't be too bad. But really outside of saving your controller folder, everything else can be deleted and let the game begin anew with 998.

Graphics tips:
    AA set to 4x
    Player detail set to full
    Textures to full or high
    Track and opponents to high
    Special Effects mid or low
    Shadows mid/low with fast blur
    Soft particles on low
    wind and crowd off
    Env. reflection low or high if you can spare FPS
    Road relfection low because the realroad is shiny like wet asphalt

You should be running > 60 FPS on that

11. Bsmooth

Bsmooth Registered

Also If I haven't updated in awhile as it seems, is there a fee ?

12. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Nope. But if you are too many builds behind a fresh Lite install is greatly recommended.

13. AceLain

AceLain Registered

Nope, that is free :)