rF2 Build 998 Issues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by osiris32, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

Still only had stutters with the newest build. Locking the framerate is a workaround, even if it helps, which I doubt it will, as the game totally freezes for like half a second.

Oh, and I have a 120Hz monitor.

2. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

I am sorry to hear that I could not help you out.
    If you doubt my claim about hz=fps why do you think Nvidia has released G-sync and why does AMD have free sync?

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

why don't you at least give it a try? seems naive to immediately reject someones idea without giving it a go.

4. Carlo

Carlo Registered

WhiteShadow has a valid point.

16 Jun 2015
    http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/pcs/graphics-cards/1403445/amd-r9-300-series-fury-x-graphics-cards-officially-revealed

"That's why the 4GB R7 370 and 2GB R7 360 will include Frame Rate Target Control, or FRTC. Essentially, it forces the GPU to only render the maximum number of frames to match your monitor refresh rate, rather than rendering as many frames as it can and discarding the ones that aren't required. This means it uses less GPU power, produces less heat and keeps the fans spinning at a low, inaudible volume."

5. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

Because clearly an issue crept in after the new build. If we were still gonna use the broken build, I would have given it a go, but sanity has prevailed and we're using the previous, seemingly stable build.

Besides, even if we used the new build and this fix worked, it's still a workaround. Perhaps someone knows what changed from build to build that this started happening now, so that the root can be fixed, whatever it may be.

Anyway, server ruled out as a possible cause, as the issue is cleared after rolling back. Now to find the setting/plugin/whatever that's different or less compatible or maybe even broken now.

6. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Maybe something with the mod being compiled, needs to be completely repackaged? With the core being updated the way certain parameters interact may have changed. Throwing possibilities out there, it is always unfortunate people come across issues but if it didn't come up on the weeks of testing and some "more careful" members don't have it, there is always the great possibility it is linked to content.

7. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

A "workaround" for you not having enough CPU/GPU to render a gazillion fps with latest build features - when you only need 60 or 120. But whatever floats your boat...

8. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

That's not going to be a software fault. Check your event log.

Sounds to me like a video driver crash.

9. bwana

bwana Registered

Has this issue been confirmed across both NVIDIA and AMD. ? I've been lucky as no issue here. (AMD)

10. whiplash

whiplash Registered

I have graphics-driver crashing sometimes as well, seems like it might be nvidia related... But thats nothing new for me, had this with a previous generation of nvidia as well...

11. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Had 7 nV driver crashes now with Windows 10 current driver, and I don't even run games very much so I am assuming some people have a very high number of problems when using them.

I had driver crashes before Win10 was released, with the Win10 test builds. Last time I had an nVidia driver crash before that? Whew... Early Windows 7 days...

12. NunoPinto

NunoPinto Registered

nvidia released a new driver today, maybe they fixed it.
    I have 2 pc's both with nvidia cards, gtx 770 4gb and 970 both w10 and 0 drivers crash, just the new problem with stutering on rf2 with build 998, seemed like I fixed it by reinstalling rf2 from 0, nothing saved.
    Going to put trackmap now and see if I get any changes.

13. seancleric

seancleric Registered

FYI I also had some NVidia esk crashes past week and updated drivers today and all good :cool:

Also did a clean install of new drivers which may have also helped :eek:

14. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

What in the new build would cause that? It can't be just the driver or just my PC, since all of us - as stated before, 20 at least - got it fixed by rolling back. And a video driver crash normally returns the PC to desktop, so I'd rule that out anyway.

15. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

I fully agree with this, this is a possibility. Nobody said the build was broken, since many others with different mods don't have this problem. I hope people understand that this thread is not to point fingers at ISI and say they broke the build, but it's clear as day that something has changed with this build that is causing this issue with our mod, and rolling back fixed that for all with the problem.

Hence, the purpose of this thread is to get info about what needs to be changed/adapted, either in the mod, the player.json, multiplayer.json or whatever, so that it works with this build, as well as subsequent builds.

16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

And potentially be a reference for anyone else encountering the same issue in future :)

17. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

Yes. It's still my favorite sim by miles, but if something is broken, I'd want to fix it somehow.

18. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I'm scared to upgrade my drivers from 347.25 to 355.82 on my 760 4GB :confused:

I don't want to break anything!! :D

19. NunoPinto

NunoPinto Registered

The issue continues for me, after new installation the problem continues, not only for me but for everyone in my team.

20. Alejandro1

Alejandro1 Registered

Turning off replay recording seems to "solve" it for me.
    A workaround only of course.