rFactor 2 "Max" Build 998 Now Available (new demo)

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I can feel it... we are getting closer to stock cars!!!! :D

2. peterchen

peterchen Registered

HUD still in Beta it seems....

Otherwise: perfect flawless autoupdate as always! Deleted CBash, Shaders and .JSON though.
    Didnt noticed the rain yet......we will see.

3. simforlife2

simforlife2 Registered

Stock Cars will be next build was said in facebool

4. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

After serious problems last time with auto-update (having not had any issues prior), worked flawlessly this time.

5. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Link perhaps?

6. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Nice build, thanks! Lighting seems to be very consistent now. No problems racing at night and transition is smooth. Haven't seen any artifacts either. Brianza was almost pitch-black, as it should be, but for example AMP had quite a bit ambient light during night. Could have been full moon and clouds though, have to check later. Someone said rain looks bad but at least in my system it looks very good. Perhaps one should perform clean install in case of problems.

Found one small problem/bug so far; if you select only practice session (exclude qualifying and race) then practice time is not set according to selection. Instead it seems to be 30 hours or so. Only problem from this is that if you want to test changing weather then it's not going to work as weather is divided into five parts each lasting about 6 hours. Is this know bug or should I report it?

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I thought that was already how it worked to be honest. I think I remember someone asking about it in a previous build. Just enable qual/race... you don't have to do it :)

8. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

It has allways been that way. If you only select practice, then it works as testday in rF1 ;) It's not a bug but working as intended

9. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Yeah workaround is easy and perhaps it's designed to work that way. Anyway it's simply misleading to be able to select a value which is later on omitted by the game. IMO it's either a bug or design flaw. Neither one is good. :) I think it's best to fix the game to follow set value no matter what sessions are included. This way it would be logically correct and wouldn't cause further problems.

10. Woodee

Woodee Registered

You will if you use realtime weather, or record a few hours of weather and replay with Gerald's app ;)

11. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

As others have said, if you only have practice enabled then it runs as a test day. It isn't a bug, it's by design. I agree it can be a little misleading which explains why every 6 months or so we get a new thread talking about it.

12. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Yep, it's somewhat counter-intuitive as it behaves differently to what users (at least most of them) would expect. Sure it's minor issue but also easy to fix. Well, should be easy to fix but as always in programming fixing one thing can lead to other unexpected problems. :)

13. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

i haven't updated yet but I've seen some comments about improved graphics but from what I remember there weren't any udate notes regarding graphics changes. Can anyone shed further light on this?

14. simforlife2

simforlife2 Registered

Woodee
    I tried but I do not think plucked , asked when would be released stock cars and ISI facebook replied that it was after that that is the next build

15. Ozzy

Ozzy Registered

I'm also interested which change leads to those beautiful graphics we have now. A shame it is missing in build notes because this is a mayor step forward.

16. matf1

matf1 Registered

I mentioned some things over at BSIM but you know, I just cannot be 100% sure that a new player.json was made last build to be able to say things definitively.
    No graphic or driver changes on my part, just the update and new json.

First thing I noticed post patch was mirror resolution was improved... in some cases greatly.
    Next was a flickering banner at the track I'm running. All of a sudden, it's fine. Looks like Z fighting was tackled.
    The day night transitions and sky colouring is much improved. It makes me feel that weather is not too far away now.

All over it feels like another layer of polish, but a rather significant one in my eyes.

17. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Albedo maps got another trim, maybe that's it ?

18. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Indeed. Had about two or three months break from simracing so didn't want to say anything (in fear of placebo). But difference feels like night and day. Basically only drove AC 427 so can't say anything about cars without CPM. With AC 427 it's now almost ridiculously easy to control huge slides with throttle. To me it feels like tire behaviour has changed dramatically. Can't say if it's now more realistic but car handling sure feels natural and most importantly driving is very enjoyable. Hard to imagine some minor suspension fixes could affect handling this much but who knows. My best guess is they changed something in tire physics too.

19. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I think your framerate probably changed, which changed your perception of the sim as a whole.

20. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Absolutely not. I'm really picky about framerate, input lag, etc. so it's not that. Either some fix/update changed handling a lot or few months away from simracing created massive placebo. :) Either way it doesn't really matter. Driving AC 427 feels magnificent and that's all I care about. It's fun to speculate though. :)