Nissan 370Z Grip Level?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Linus27, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Linus27

Linus27 Registered

Has anyone else noticed that the grip level of the Nissan 370Z seems really low. It's like driving on ice compared to other cars. I've tried multiple setups inc. the default setup and it does not seem to make such difference, there still seems very little grip. Sepang it seems very noticeable at with terrible understeer.

2. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Long not driven, so don´t know if something changed per build, but understeery as hell it was since last major car-update.
    Dutch-version is better in this regard, but slower.

3. Linus27

Linus27 Registered

Yes, it really does suffer from major understeer which having driven a few in real life it certainly does not do, especially at 40mph :)

4. peterchen

peterchen Registered

This is NOT the street-version!! Don´t forget that!

5. Wishmaster

Wishmaster Registered

With the newest version of the car in the new builds its the perfect example for slow in fast out.
    Just drive the race relaxed like an old man. Try to find the time at the exit not at the entry.

6. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Driving on ice is such a bad comparison. :p Have you ever driven on ice? When you touch the gas your tires spin but don't move, when you steer you go straight. Sorry, pet peeve of mine.

7. Linus27

Linus27 Registered

That is exactly the symptoms I am experiencing with the 370z and yes, I have driven on ice. Like I say, no issue with other cars, but the 370z understeers like its on ice.

8. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Exactly. If it's driven within its boundaries it doesn't understeer like it's on ice.
    A few setup tweaks can make the front end even more responsive.

9. Linus27

Linus27 Registered

Got any tips on setups as I am getting major understeer as low as 30 - 40mph at Sepang with default and various setups??? I don't think a car with slicks and enough temperature should be suffering with understeer at such low speeds. It's the only car I have this problem with so welcome any tips on setups.

10. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Will give it a try tonight. I haven't tried 370z since it was updated so can't remember any of the driving experience. When I'm done I will come back with some tips.

11. boblevieux

boblevieux Registered

Have you tried with tyres temps and Gmeter displayed ? What max values (FL,FR, G) did it show ?

12. Linus27

Linus27 Registered

Thank you, appreciate it. If you can try Sepang I would be very grateful.

13. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

After giving it a spin again I was gobsmacked by how LITTLE understeer it had. 2:14 at Silver on default on the first couple of laps. Then I made few changes. Mainly going down on camber and wing. Camber down to 2.2 and 1.4? I think of course it was done very quickly and may very well be not the best setting but at least I tried sth (had little time to spend on it), wing lowered to sth like 22. Stiffened up the front springs 1 click and 2 clicks down on rear slow bump and rebound. 2:13 easily set. With more time and setup work could be even faster. But after driving it for a little while I'm surprised that you think it is understeery. I think it might be either overheating them due to overdriving, braking too late, entering a corner too late etc. It would be easier to see a vid or even a telemetry.

14. Z06Trackman

Z06Trackman Registered

I drive the 370Z a lot and I never noticed unusual grip. I soften the front bar one notch to reduce the understeer and that's it.

15. peterchen

peterchen Registered

No unusal grip or uncomprehensible behaviour to see for me either,- just unexpected maybe...