New to rf2..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Snyperal, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Snyperal

Snyperal Registered

Good morning, as the thread says, I'm new to RF2 and would like a little help finding my feet.

I've come from assetto corsa, thought I would try something with a little more depth in terms of race features and ai. I've enjoyed my first experience, enough to purchase the full game, I've downloaded all the stock content and a couple of mods, cars and tracks mainly to bulk up the simulation. I would like a little help with other mods or external apps though, I've tried a search but to no avail I'm looking for roughly the following:

1) Tyre management mod, or app that can show approx temperatures and wear. I have 3 screens but only run on one, so if it's an external mod that I can access through a browser or smartphone that's fine.

2) any mod that is considered essential for improved racing, is the spotter app available for RF2? I use that in ac, and would be pretty neat here.

3) sweety fx. I've downloaded it, pasted the file into the main dir, but I don't think I've done it right, is there a step I'm missing here? Information on sweet fx is a little sparce.

Essential dlc, is there any series or track pack or apps that are essential must haves?

Thank you in advance,

AL.

2. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Let me provide you with some links when I'm on my computer in a little while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Depco

Depco Registered

Trackmap. I dont race without it. It has a ton of telemetry items to be used including tire wear and temp. It is very customizable. Just make sure you read the info on the plugin.

Also I use Delta Best It has the same lap timing that you are looking for. It is similar to AC's version, but I think it was more based around iracings version. I could be wrong though.

As far as mods. All the URD payware mods are well worth the purchase price. I am sure others will have their favorites listed as well.

In any case, welcome to rF2. Enjoy your stay and I hope it is long and successful.

4. Associat0r

Associat0r Registered

5. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

6. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Check out simutils if you want something on a separate screen for telemetry and Gerald Jacobson has made an excellent spotter plugin, although rf2 has its own default.

7. Snyperal

Snyperal Registered

Excellent, thank you for your guidance, I'll get started on downloading and installing, any more information is greatly received.

AL

8. Diogo Oliveira Falcão

Diogo Oliveira Falcão Registered

9. kimikaze

kimikaze Registered