[REL] Proracing Dashboards and In-game widgets

Discussion in 'Other' started by B1K3R, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Hi B1K3R, i didn't expect to hear from you because your gpu was broken but today all of a sudden i've got the redline in my revcounter :cool:
    but somehow the image behind the gauge is broken (see image)

[​IMG]

2. Eddy

Eddy Registered

btw video card okay? or do/did you have to get yourself a new one?

Ohw and thanks for the status thingy i somehow missed out on that post. I still encounter lag and even freezes on my phone but it really think it's my wifi.
    still looking for internet connection via my pc (which is hardwired) what do you think of this:

1. Connect your phone to a laptop/PC with internet connection.
    2. Most phones should have an option for USB tethering. Select that.
    3. Go to your Network and Sharing center. This can be accessed via Control Panel.
    4. Wait for the new connection to appear. For example, my PC had only 1 Local Area Connection. When I connected the phone via USB and turned on tethering, I had a second network.
    5. Click on the Connection. Typically, it will be on the right side of the active network name. So in Windows 7, you'll see "Access Type" and beneath that, there is "Connections". The blue link next to "Connections" is the one you want to click.
    6. Go to properties.
    7. There should be two tabs: "Networking" and "Sharing". Go to the tab that says "sharing"
    8. check the box that says "Allow other Network users to connect through the computer's internet connection".
    9. Under Networking Connection, select the networking connection to be used for sharing.
    10. Click "ok" and you should be set.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2016
  3. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Wupps! Sorry mate...I have now fixed the image.

4. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Video card seems to be corrupted. ATI 7970 that I bought 4 years ago and wasn't cheap!....unbelievable how fragfile things are nowadays....

Luckily I found that the motherboard has an on-board VGA, which wont run any games but at least pc works. Wont have money to buy a new video card for months, but at least I can test the app when I set rF2 to everything low :p

I will check the internet/test connection thing you mentioned...but how much ms are you getting on the mobile?

5. Eddy

Eddy Registered

I haven't watched the ms, like i said i missed out on the status thingy but will test today and report.
    I also will test the share internet with pc thing.

6. Eddy

Eddy Registered

~200 ms here also on wifi.
    Couldn't get the reversed tethering thing working, in fact i messed up my internet connection with trying.

7. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Hmm, so data is still streamed at 200ms. Could it be that then maybe your mobile is not managing to render the data in time? The rendering needs some good CPU...also chrome is suggested. I am testing using a Samsung S5, not the fastest but I don't see any lag compared to my pc. With Assetto Corsa and Raceroom experience, one can lower the frequency from the app manager. Not sure if you have these games, but maybe you can check if it makes a difference with lets say 100ms.

Argh....sorry that you screwed up the network....I'm really not very knowledgeable in that area so cannot help much..sorry!

8. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Samsung s6 here. Only have rF2 no other sims.

When it's 200 ms all is good. Still think problem is loosing connection with my wifi network.
    Once i get the reverse tethering working i will post it so maybe other people could use it too when needed.

Thanks for your ongoing support

9. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Thanks mate :) This week I'll try to do the limiter light indicator and also the stuff Igormaiden asked for (traffic lights and weather right?).

10. Igormaiden

Igormaiden Registered

Yes thanks :)
    I saw that you added the percentage of rain...good!!
    but the best sector for me don't work :(, but isnt's very important...

11. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

For the weather data, I also need to release the app manager. Will try to prepare it this week too

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

12. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Hi Eddy, is this the kind of indicator that you are after?

Rev Indicator OFF

[​IMG]

Rev Indicator ON

[​IMG]

13. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Yep that is exactly what i ment. Size is adjustable i suppose because this one is a little bit big imho [emoji5]

14. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

The default is even bigger! Just use the zoom in/out to make it smaller ;)

15. Eddy

Eddy Registered

thanks for adding the rev/shift light B1K3R. But somehow if i add it to my dashboard it doesn't show up?. And i still don't get the zoom thingy i think. i zoomed the light in from 100 to 10 just to get it smaller but then i never ever can place the light to the right of my dash. but again it doesn't show up when running the dash in game. not without zoom and not zoomed.
    What am i doing wrong, please help :eek:

16. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Most probably you're not seeing it due to browser cache. Try clear it. Are you using chrome?

17. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Yep using chrome but how do i clean browser cache......sorry for dumb question but realy have no clue

18. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Will show you when I get home :)

19. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

On Mobile: http://refreshyourcache.com/en/android-native/

On Desktop:

[FONT=&quot]Assuming you have the Chrome browser window opened, press F12. This opens the Chrome Developer Tools.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Next, right-click on the browser Reload button visible in the upper right-hand corner of your computer screen. Now, you can find 3 Reload Options displayed:

1. Normal Reload
    : Uses Cached Data
    2. Hard Reload: Forces browser to re-download items and reload. It is possible that used resources may come from a cached version.
    3. Empty Cache & Hard Reload: Cache for the page is cleared completely and everything must be re-downloaded as required.[/FONT]
    Choose option 3.

20. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Thanks mate. You're so fast.
    Using the dash on my phone i only have to cleanup the phone browser cache right?