[REL] Proracing Dashboards and In-game widgets

Discussion in 'Other' started by B1K3R, Aug 9, 2015.

1. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Thanks to some of you for testing it and giving me feedback I managed to fix some bugs and also added rFactor 1 and GSC 2013 support. The GSC/rF1 plugin has been include. Just copy to your game plugins folder. You do not need to update the rF2 plugin.

I did not test these last 2 much as I had no time, so please let me know, In-game widgets in GSC suck really as I had to update the config ini for window mode and game does not look nice windowed. But dashboard should be better.

Please download latest from below link and just override your current install.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/asi2qqqfb4ees89/Proracing_Installer_rF2_Beta_1.1_x64.zip.zip

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2015
  2. AceLain

AceLain Registered

Hi

mind explaining the difference between the connection port and the plugin port ?

which one should I open for the External ip to work ?

Thanks

3. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

You have to open the connection port. This port is used for streaming the data to the web dashboards or widgets.

The plugin port is internal, the port of the tcp/ip connection between the game and the proracing manager software.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

4. AceLain

AceLain Registered

Thanks !

I managed to make it work over Local AND external without any issue on my fast test.

I have somethings to ask:

Is it possible to make the manager to stream both locally and externally ? I ask this because my ISP, doesn't allow me to connect to myself on my external ip. so even if enter my external ip into the browser on my laptop at home it will not work, BUT at the same time its working if a friend connect to it.
    Its like if I am hosting a teamspeak server at my house, I need to connect to my own server using the local IP, but my friend need to join with the external (thats normal I know) but my old ISP was allowing me to connect to my locally OR my externally (I found that useful to know if the port forwarding are working correctly)

Other thing I realize, sometime when you start the software manager, it revert to default setting. Its not a big deal, but one time, I clicked on Start before realizing that it was reverted to default R3E, so the manager crashed because it was not finding anything on R3E

I test with the Cobra and when I put REVERSE gear, the Widget on the web show Gear like: 23456765456 (taking all the screen long)

Quick suggestion:

-more option on the web browser, like the possibility to changer temperature from C to F, Liter to gal or KM/H to MPH

-customizable widget

-Like someone point out, good fuel widget: Last lap used fuel, average fuel by lap, how many time in minutes before running out of gas

-Damage widget ?

-Track / ambiance temperautre

- is it possible to see the hour in game ? To know when it will be dark

Thank you very much again for that plugin, it look like something that I wanted for a while :)

5. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Glad it worked ; Here's my answers to your questions:

Question:
    Is it possible to make the manager to stream both locally and externally?
    Answer:
    It already supports both. The way it works is like this. The Web socket always connects to your internal IP but then since you did port forwarding in your router to your external IP it will auto work. So just choose Internal IP in the manager and make sure you also put the Internal IP in the web on your local PC. Your friend will open the web and puts your external IP and both should work. I did not test this but it should work. Let me know if it works for you:

Question:
    Other thing I realize, sometime when you start the software manager, it revert to default setting. Its not a big deal, but one time, I clicked on Start before realizing that it was reverted to default R3E, so the manager crashed because it was not finding anything on R3E
    Answer:
    I hope you downloaded the latest version in first post! I uploaded one yesterday. When you choose the game, it is auto saved for next time. If its not working, I'll check again but it works for me. if there is anything else you want saved and is not let me know and I add it.

Question:
    I test with the Cobra and when I put REVERSE gear, the Widget on the web show Gear like: 23456765456 (taking all the screen long)
    Answer:
    Hehe, I put on the dashboard what the game gives me :) I'll test it and will check.

Suggestion 1:
    More option on the web browser, like the possibility to changer temperature from C to F, Liter to gal or KM/H to MPH
    Answer:
    You are from Canada :p It can be done and I'll take note.

Suggestion 2:
    Customizable widget
    Answer:
    This is what I am working on at the moment. I am creating all the possible widgets, then there will be a screen where the user choose what he wants to see and save the widget ;)

Suggestion 3:
    Like someone point out, good fuel widget: Last lap used fuel, average fuel by lap, how many time in minutes before running out of gas
    Answer:
    Sure, I'll take note. Ideally, if you guys know exactly what you want, just include an image here, even if the design is crap, but for me just to get an idea what you want.

Suggestion 5:
    Damage widget ?
    Answer:
    It's already done, I just need to include it in next release.

Suggestion 6:
    Track / ambiance temperature
    Answer:
    Yes, these can all be included as well. Will take note.

Suggestion 7:
    Is it possible to see the hour in game ? To know when it will be dark
    Answer:
    Did not encounter this data yet but I will check the ISI API.

Cheers

6. AceLain

AceLain Registered

Thank you !

About the external vs internal, I will do more test

Yeah, I think I got the last version. In general it is saved, but one time I opened it and it was not saved, Will do more test and report if I see a pattern

about the imperial and metric, Yes I am from canada and we are using metric, but It is more a suggestion for other people, not really for me ;)

Good that it planned for cuztomization :)

for the fuel widget, in fact I was using trackmap some time ago, and I really like their widget, but now I don't use it anymore because I find it to distracting, I would prefer to have a teammate looking it for me via web (in endurance race)

For the time, I did not see any telemetry plugin using it, so I am not sure if the data is output, but if it is possible, it would be cool :)

Thanks again

7. zaphman

zaphman Registered

Tnks for a very nice tool. Keep up the good work :)

Though I wanted to use it from my Android tablet - web widgets - (an old Nexus 7 not updated due to lag/slowness) and "Add to home screen" to run in full screen mode. Did not work though. Apparently the following tag should make this possible:

<meta name="apple-mobile-web-app-capable" content="yes">

Please visit https://developer.chrome.com/multidevice/android/installtohomescreen for more information. (haven't read all yet though :eek:)

Edit: I see now I can fill the screen with a simple swipe... but enabling the full screen makes it more act like an application, IMHO.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2015
  8. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Yeah, I agree, full screen on a device would be nicer. Like you said, a simple swipe works but still does not feel like an app.

I'll check out the tag you mentioned above and when I finish the whole thing I might also write an actual app for mobiles/tablets.

Thanks!

9. newtonpg

newtonpg Registered

New version ok in GSCE. Only con is with windowed mode with this game but nothing related wiht your plugin. Thanks again!

10. AceLain

AceLain Registered

Hi
    You were right, it is streaming both locally and externally, Thank you very much

I think the fuel gage on that widget is not working: View attachment 17592

During one test, the plugin stop streaming data to the web browser while I was on the track... don't know why, will try to see a pattern if that is happening again

11. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Yeah, unfortunately the in-game widgets with windowed mode seem to be unusable with GSC :(

12. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Noted regarding fuel. Seems like some network glitch to me. Let me know, thanks!

13. AceLain

AceLain Registered

Thing that I can add about the stream that stop, is that it's stop at the same time for me and my friend, but my connection was good because we were still talking by internet

14. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

It's hard to know what happened without any logs. I'll add logging in the next version so that we can capture any errors.

15. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

When it stopped......was it by any chance when it was "Session Over"? As I found a bug there and it was crashing (internally, you wouldn't have noticed).

Thanks!

16. AceLain

AceLain Registered

Mmm good question, I don't think so, but that is not impossible.

It was in the straight line after the S/F line, so maybe that's it

17. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Updated first post with latest download link. Basically I have:

1. Added the functionality where users can create their custom dashboards, save them and use them from "My Custom Dashboards".
    2. Added Live Timing
    3. Track Map which is on progress and far from finished.
    4. A few bug fixes and some requests I have received.

Once I finish the Track Map and fix all the bugs you find, then I will concentrate on what some of you are asking. Will try to upload a video tomorrow to show how to create custom dashboards.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2015
  18. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

Stefan,

Some widgets that might be interesting:

- a session timer / lap counter
    - session status (red, green, full course yellow)
    - Flags. (blue, local yellow, pit closed, white flag, black flag, finish flag, ... )
    - penalties with laps to serve the penalty
    - weather status
    - pedal, steering, FFB overlay

With the things you already have (live timing, track map, tire status, etc ...) This tool might be interesting for team members, managers, spotters, "engineers" when they aren't on the server.

And it might be an alternative broadcast overlay too. ;)

19. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Hi Gijs,

Good idea mate, I'll put them on the widget list to create ;-)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

20. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Hi dude, I have updated the web app with your above suggestion. Please try it out when you get some time and let me know if it works for you.

Thanks!