Brand new install, never played, MSVCP110 and MSVCR110 dll errors?

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by KingKenny04, Aug 9, 2015.

1. KingKenny04

KingKenny04 Registered

Hello all. I've installed rFactor 2 lite for the first time ever, and am encountering errors the very first time I try to start either rfactor.exe or the launcher. The following two error messages pop up when I try to start:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The MSVCR110.dll error pops up first, then the MSVCP110.dll error pops up twice in a row, and then the MSVCR110.dll error pops up again. I've already searched the forums, none of the other issues I've read about relating to these two files encountered the same error, nor were any of them dealing with a BRAND NEW fresh intall.

I've never had rFactor 2 installed on this computer. This happened the VERY first time I attempted to start rF2 after installing. I've already tried installing the latest Visual Runtime version, uninstalling and reinstalling rFactor 2, then uninstalling and reinstalling in the Program Files folder instead of the x86 folder. All of them pop the same errors.

Why would something like this happen on a first time install?

2. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

Check the rFactor2/Support/DirectX and rFactor2/Support/Runtime folders

might help

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

... especially the 2012 executables in the Support/Runtime folder. Installing the latest runtimes (2013, or later... ?) doesn't actually help with 110.

4. SripleTix

SripleTix Registered

5. rsgraham59

rsgraham59 Registered

Exactly the same as what happened to me. I had a completely clean installation of Windows 10, I downloaded and installed the latest rFactor FULL installation and it would not work ....
    After hours of searching, I finally found a thread and by following it I had to install all the Redistributables in the rFactor2/Support/Runtime folder.
    How pathetic is that for the installer of a game that has been around for YEARS now.

rFactor2 does some things well and for other SIMPLE things it is just rubbish.

6. maciej

maciej Registered

Same happened to me just a week ago i did install fresh copy of windows.
    Once i l start the game i have got the same message it never happen before.

7. rhamm

rhamm Registered

Glad I found your post. I had to reinstall Windows 10 today because some files got corrupted and had the same issue. I had to run all 4 files in that folder even though I only use the 64 bit version of the game. Does Microsoft not let developers automatically install those? Doesn't make sense that the game installer puts those executables in that directory instead of installing the needed dll files.

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It could be some sort of permissions thing during install, not sure. I had the same thing with Win10, and yeah, you have to include the 32 bit regardless.