Demo slower than main game?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nats, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Nats

Nats Registered

I tried the demo of RFactor2 and found that during a Grand Prix race in Silverstone, when the frame rate was limited to 30 rps or faster the cars in the distance at the start of the race started visually losing their wheels which looked really terrible - and that wasnt even in the rain, it was dry. I cant understand it because my computer is an AMD X6, 12Gb Ram, GTX550ti card using Window 7 Profession 64 bit. This is well above the recommendations even for this game at the moment.

Really put me off buying the game which otherwise I was very impressed with. So in the end I got pCars. But now I am wondering if I should get RFactor2 to do endurance races properly (pCars doesnt provide for time duration races or saving in races). But if this problem is only going to get worse I dont want to spend a lot on the game.

Has anyone else experienced this sort of radical loss of frame rate that started affecting the fps?

2. AceLain

AceLain Registered

It look like you have AUTO DETAIL FPS set to ON.

Auto detail FPS drop some visual graph when under a certain FPS.

Click on CTR+F to see your FPS in the corner of the screen, when the color of the text change is because AUTO DETAIL FPS is working.

3. Nats

Nats Registered

Yes I did set that to on and thats when the car detail started dropping off. But I only set it at 30 frames. Surely this game is capable of faster gameplay that that. I am getting very smooth gameplay with pCars with full grids and far better graphics. What I was asking though is does the main game suffer from the same thing - slow frame rates at the start of large races, or has the game seen better optimisation than the demo.

Certainly have had numerous issues with this demo, if the devs cant ensure their demo is working they really should just forget it, its actually putting me off getting the main game.

4. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Yeah, then don´t get it! Simpel as that!
    rF2 needs a good graphics card to be playable at good visuals.
    A 550ti can´t offer this. It is playable, but then you have dumb gfx down.

I won´t recommend rF2 with this card.

5. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

The demo is working though, as is the main game. But since you already decided the devs' are not up to their job, have fun with pcars :)

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Your attitude in the other thread and this one suggest to me you are either a) a Troll or b) have no clue about how to set up your graphical options for fluid game play. It seems you want the best visuals with what you've got and quite frankly that is not going to happen unless you upgrade, so what if pCars runs better? It's a different game engine (both physics & graphics) so has no bearing on your argument.

Quotes like this "if the devs cant ensure their demo is working they really should just forget it" are not going to get you help from the Devs at all, they will ignore you and rightly so, you need to learn to word your arguments in a more constructive and approachable manner andleave out the bitchiness.

My advice is go play pCars, if that works for you then great. If you still want to play RF2 then lower your settings, take advice that has been given to you and learn to accept what graphical options you can and cannot use.

7. Emery

Emery Registered

The demo code is the same as the full product code. The only difference is the demo limits what content you can run.

550ti is well down there in terms of recommended cards for rF2. nVidia cards that have proven worthwhile: 770, 780, 670, 680, 970, 980.

8. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Add 750ti.

Works at mid-tier settings at 1440p (shadows high etc.)

9. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

You sure you are looking at info correct, I don't even see any "RECOMMENDED SETTINGS " only "RECOMMENDED MINIMUMS"

If you put your card on a scale with 250GTS at one end and a GTX980Ti on the other, you get the picture :)

You want a field of F1 at Silverstone and have it look good and run well, good luck.

AC and pCars do optimize lower settings better for sure, rF2 is about the driving not the romancing. p

-------------------

It is like GPL , most other types of people say I would not drive that it looks cartoon and old.
    If you think that way and have low power PC forget rF2.

In otherwords if you do not like lowered graphics affecting the eyecandy you better off in pCars.

BUT if you can drop settings enough in rF2 to gain smooth fps at a track which is more fps friendly the Silverstone ( lol ) you may find that " rF2 nirvana"
    and once you do what it looks like will be the last thing on your mind...trust me.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2015
  10. Associat0r

Associat0r Registered

If you don't want to loose too much detail, try lower your resolution.

11. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

May you please provide us with your RF2 and Nvidia graphics settings?

12. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Even a GTX 650 would get you 50 to 60 FPS with acceptable graphics as long as your CPU will back you up.