Formula2 ffb clubsport wheel problem

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by maciej, Aug 4, 2015.

1. maciej

maciej Registered

Hi.
    I just installed that mod formula 2 and i have noticed that my fanatec csw1 is not working properly with this car . There is no resistance at all and the wheel just vibrating like crazy especially when going over the kerbs.
    I dont have this with any other car apart from maybe too much vibration when going over the kerbs .That is im getting with all the cars
    Did anyone have this problem?

2. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

maciex?

Install other open wheelers... And see if it's the same. It's the thing with ISI open wheelers they only give the FFB like the real thing... It's not much... if it's the same with other ISI open wheelers and you absolutely need more feedback, you can do a few things.... Up the car specific ffb (usually 1.0) you can bump that up to say, 1.2 and then you can add more caster in te setup, then it 'speaks' more.

3. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I got the CSW v2 and yes it's pretty bad here too, I'd say borderline terrible. If you let go of the wheel mid-corner, the wheel will continue turning as if the FFB is reversed.

That seems like a wheel-independant issue though as it doesn't only happen with the CSW wheels.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2015
  4. rfuctor

rfuctor Registered

5. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

6. yusupov

yusupov Registered

its not fanatec, the F2 has the worst ffb in the game by a very long way (unless there's a caster trick like the dw12). i can't recall what i have my gain set to but its something preposterous.

when the car gets updated i expect it to be looked into & reconfigured.

7. Dino Paolini

Dino Paolini Registered

Lower front camber and lower ride-heights will give you most of the ffb-feel you are seeking. Also make sure your ffb-multiplier isn't set too high or you will loose many details.

Also like I wrote you in the r2p comments section too, some ffb min-torque or a small amount of centre-spring can give you some additional constant-resistance too.

You won't ever have the same type of resistance with this car then with the other open-wheelers, simply because the car has a fixed 2.5° caster angle and your overall wheel-weight in rf2 depends heavily on the caster angle.

8. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

It's not just about resistance, the wheel actually helps you turn, it UN-resists, as if the FFB is reversed. Happened with my T500RS and now with my CSW v2, and confirmed by someone to happen with his GT2 wheel.

9. maciej

maciej Registered

Exactly this is happening to my wheel what Spinelli is saying it is like reverse ffb something like rfactor 1 reverse ffb plus vibrating like crazy

10. fab06

fab06 Registered

+1 here

same problem as spinelli explain .. "It's not just about resistance, the wheel actually helps you turn, it UN-resists, as if the FFB is reversed."

i have a G27 , this problem with most of the cars in RF2 in turn .. difficult to explain in english .. sorry