Does everyone else's AI perform an emergency stop under full course yellows?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by marvelharvey, Jul 30, 2015.

1. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

Firstly, my apologies for capturing this in the wrong aspect ratio. The cars look like they've been dieting.

Anyway, I've not seen anyone else mention this odd AI behaviour, but it seems to happen at all circuits, in any car. When a caution comes out, most of the leaders seem to make it across the start/finish line without incident, but at some point, one of the drivers behind will decide to perform an emergency stop the moment they cross the line and then trundle along at walking speed. This has the unfortunate side effect of causing a huge pileup, of which I am usually a unwilling participant. If you keep watching the video, you'll see the leaders eventually come around in the background.

I don't recall this being the case in the past. So, returning to the question in the thread title, is this AI oddness affecting anyone else or is it localised to my machine?

Of course, I could turn flags off, but where's the fun in that?

ECAR_Tracks likes this.
  2. Superdevil

Superdevil Registered

Yes, same thing happened to me at Indy with the Indy cars as well, so it's not just you. It happened 30 laps in and my race was ruined. :) Can't remember if it has happened at any other tracks though...

Haven't seen anyone else mention it, so figured it was something I was doing wrong... which still may be the problem, I dunno.

3. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

Funny thing...

It's a "you-are-first", "no you need to go first" battle between the AI.

It can happen when an AI is making an overtaking attempt and the yellow flag is shown at the same moment.

If it happens with 2 or 3 AI cars. I usually push the one that needs to be infront. And everything is back in order.

It's the freeze order that is screwed up in certain ocassions. The game is a black/white judge.

It can happen during online sessions. But setting the Freeze order on "0" during the first yellow flag: overtaking is allowed on the first yellow lap. drivers don't know this. :p but it gives them 1 lap to go to their assigned possition.

If you do this offline: the AI will continue racing and overtaking during the first yellow lap... and the you'll have the same situation in the 2nd yellow lap.

Increasing the formation lap speed in the rfm helps. :)

4. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

I've this behaviour in our track project too. Thought it was caused by some mistake made by me to AI path etc. Good to hear it's not just me... I guess. :) Anyway everything is working to the point when safety car goes back to pits but right after that cars slow down and crawl forward / pile up.

5. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

Thanks guys, so it's not just me then. I'll try freezing the running order the moment the caution comes out and see if it fixes the overly polite AI.

6. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

This AI should follow the AI with the yellow name. Once the AI with the yellow name is in front of him everything is OK again.

But if more cars are not on their positions: every body is waiting on everybody... ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2015
  7. FrtizRommel

FrtizRommel Registered

Has there been any progress on this issue?

8. Rastas

Rastas Registered

Same problem here :/,notice the behaviour of the AI passing the line,it stops a bit,any solution for this?

9. peterchen

peterchen Registered

This isn´t under full corse yellow, is it?
    When it´s normal training/race behaviour then check your aiw-line! There is a kink on the straight!
    Normalize it out under devmode. Note that you have to check ALL path´s (also inner, outer, block).

Rastas likes this.
  10. Rastas

Rastas Registered

Thank you very much sir,no yellow flag,no flags rules,devmod,pratice session,i go try to normalize the AI path then ;)
    I let you know if works good.
    Thank you again broski ;)