Road map for CPM added to remaining cars?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by msportdan, Jul 28, 2015.

1. msportdan

msportdan Banned

ISI is there a plan of attack to implement CPM to the remaining ISI cars or are you taking it as it comes?
    With jeremy gone is that somewhat effected the development of rf2, it seems to of slowed down.

Dan

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

It's funny that nobody said it had slowed down when he actually left. :)

Anyway, no there's no timeline. Done when done, is the most truthful thing to say.

3. djbob

djbob Registered

Was Jeremy involved with the CPM?

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

No, not in any way.

5. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

I guess people might misunderstand how things work.

There is one part which develops the codebase which are adding new abilities over time. So if a new physics-feature like cpm is been done it (can) be implemented by people developing the content.
    Content-artists do two things: creating new content, tweaking and optimizing existing content.
    Content-artists do not stop with their current work to implement a new ability of the code, which might be available every day. Thats not how it works, except a car or track becomes highpriority for whatever reason.

While overhauling existing content, new features get implemented.
    New content mostly uses all those new features from scratch.

Thats why we all should delete this word from our brains: final. The process is endless ongoing and even in 100 years there will be things left to improve.

6. killerwatt

killerwatt Registered

It would be great if the sixties open wheelers could get the CPM implemented soon.

7. SRGP

SRGP Registered

+1
    Or the Howston ?

8. blakboks

blakboks Registered

...or the Meganes, the Panoz, the Civic, the Skippys, the FISI, the F2s, the Nissans, etc.

I remember when ISI started moving everything over to component form from mods they seemed to have intended a certain versioning system (I believe they brought everything to something like v1.47). I'm curious if this still applies, and implies certain features. i.e. any vehicle that is 1.60 and above has chassis flex, anything above 1.80 has the new CPM, etc. (It doesn't appear this is the case since the AC is 1.03) If not, I'd humbly like to suggest they try to with future releases--it'd be a simple thing to do on their end that requires no extra work, just consistency :p, and makes it easy for us to know what cars have which features just by looking at the version number.

9. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Is it possible for ISI to give the community the data or even a hand-picked modder the data so CPM can get updated faster while ISI work on more comprehensive vehicle updates, models, etc.?

10. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I believe they haven't been updated with other core physics engine updates as-well let alone the CPM. Hopefully they will soon.

I just drove the Megane the other day, forgot how awesome it was. I really hope all the cars get updated to take advantage of all the core physics engine stuff implemented/updated over time.

11. hariseldon

hariseldon Registered

For me development lately has been at a pretty decent pace actually, with features coming that make the sim much more relevant to me. All in all, right now I'm really happy with how RF2 is progressing, perhaps it's time to say thank you for putting together by far the best driving experience available to home users.

12. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

Dont underestimate the amount of work of creating a new tire, or even tires as most cars have more than one set of tires. Keep also in mind that making a tire also means you have a front and a rear tire per car. Calculating a tire costs amount of work and then you have to compile it which takes some hours as well (per tire). So its not just a switch you have to turn over. Things has to be done carefully with the amount of needed work, otherwise it will not have that high quality anymore.

13. djbob

djbob Registered

It's always interesting to see or hear information like this.

What do modders do for tyres for their cars - just reuse a tyre from one of the ISI cars? Or can you edit a tyre in a basic way without ISI's tools?

14. hariseldon

hariseldon Registered

I'm wondering if this might be a factor in the limited number of mods that get made?

15. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

Well, realism increases means mostly that knowledge and effort increase as well.

You 'll find something here: http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/devscorner/
    Modders can create their own tires, or use isi-tires as base.
    You can also google for "rf2 tire creation", "rf2 tire examples" or "rf2 tgm", etc. and see what you can get about it.

You can also start rF2 with the commandline extension "+ttool" and you ll get this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H2zGGUdfrA

Tons of those things happen under the hood. So not seeing progress or assuming slow progress in rF2 is not always correct, because a lot of things happen that are invisible to users, but they increase realism a lot.
    The great feel and the great ffb are results of the very complex tiremodell which is beeing continously developed since release and ongoing.

16. DocJones

DocJones Registered

It sounded like we'd get an updated Version of these quite a while ago when Tim announced he'd make a video showing off updated (at least that's what I recall) Méganes at the updated Malaysia track. We never got the video, and that's fine. Just wondered what might have happened to the Mégane update? This is without doubt the one I'm looking forward to the most, followed by the historic formula cars.

17. stonec

stonec Registered

Those tire examples are from 2013. The dev section needs much more updating to be useful, as anything on 2013 tires is quite far off compared to the latest ISI cars.

18. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

I am forwarding this, lets see what they can do with this.

19. Slamfunk3

Slamfunk3 Registered

In the latest ISI interview (simHQ I believe) Tim mentioned they're working on putting out new tire examples. We just got the updated suspension spreadsheet so I'm full of hope that the tires aren't too far behind.
    TK

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Tapatalk

20. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

They are doing gt tyres first, coming shortly hopefully ;)