Weather transitions?

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by kamoazd91, Jul 24, 2015.

1. kamoazd91

kamoazd91 Registered

Hi I'm new to the forum, purchased the game last night and enjoying it very much at the moment. Only problem I'm having is when I set up a scripted weather pattern in the main menu, when I load to the track it appears to of loaded a random weather setting (all of the same weather setting, ambient and track temperatures) I've searched online and tried editing the .plr/json file (4-random/5-scripted) and no luck so far. I'm wondering if this is something to be included in a later build (transitions) or some error on my end
    Thanks

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Hi, firstly if you have already edited the player.JSON then back that up and start the game (this will create a Fresh JSON file) and then try again, remembering the Rain % Chance as this catches a lot of people out when they wonder "why isn't it raining yet?!" ;)

Secondly test with an ISI track as if it's a community made or quickly hacked conversion then there could be "issues".

3. kamoazd91

kamoazd91 Registered

Thanks for your reply it seems to be working better now, to save starting threads everywhere I've just got a few questions; is it possible to have weather on all tracks, or is it like you say dependent on the track itself (quick conversions etc.) also I cant seem to change the length of practice sessions (stuck at 30 hours!) Are there any mods/W.I.P that you recommend? Doesn't seem to be as many as there were for rfactor 1
    Thanks

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

All tracks should have weather implemented but beware a "cheap" conversion may not have it set up properly, in the options under Practice you can set the Duration.
    Take a look here for Cars & Tracks, plenty to chose from:
    http://isiforums.net/f/forumdisplay.php/67-rFactor-2-Downloadable-cars-tracks-and-plugins

5. kamoazd91

kamoazd91 Registered

Thanks again mate!

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

7. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Lengh of test-session is always 30 hours or so when you havenĀ“t quali or race enabled.
    Then parctice is automaticly a whole day (or more).

8. kamoazd91

kamoazd91 Registered

Thanks for replies guys, been having some great fun in the Skip Barber cars, seems I lost the option to change my compound (cant choose R1 slicks) but A.I can? Been looking for a solution on the internet cant find anything

9. AceLain

AceLain Registered

When selecting car, go in the TUNING section and select the Nationnal version of the car :)

10. kamoazd91

kamoazd91 Registered

Thanks Acelain, that did it! Feel like such a noob since coming from RF1, appreciate all the help guys.