How to download Formula ISI cars after latest build?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RoboCAT10, Jul 21, 2015.

1. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

After the latest build and I am trouble re downloading the Formula ISI 2010 open wheel cars. I had to download these again because it was uninstalled and deleted. Anyway on the previous build you would download your chosen car, track etc and place the downloaded RFCMP file into the 'packages' folder. For whatever reason this is not allowing me to do so.

I understand that we can search for downloads at the main interface, however the Formula ISI 2012 cars are not even listed. Not to mention the countless tracks you can download elsewhere. So in conclusion, is there a new trick or way to add RFCMP downloads to the game, and why is the Formula ISI 2012 not listed in the downloads especially as it is ISI made? Any help is appreciated, I desperately need this car set and another lot of tracks I did have.

Thanks.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Check you're using the right packages folder.

3. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Guy RoboCAT:

You have obviously min. 2 (in words: more than one) installs of rF2 and use permanently the "wrong" one, what comes out of another thread.

Please sort this out and be sure what install you want to use and delete the other one before posting things like that again! Please!
    Otherwise there comes the console-slogan ;)

4. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

I have uninstalled. I then installed rfactor2 again. I don't know what more I can do or how more clear I can be. Ever since I downloaded the latest build it's been nothing but problems for me. I only have ONE rfactor2 installed.

My problem is that when I move the downloaded RFCMP into the packages folder, nothing happens, it doesn't move into the packages folder. There is no point in telling me to not post things, especially when I'm asking for help which I assume what this forum might help me my request to receive some. I have absolutely deleted and uninstalled everything rfactor2 from my computer before I installed it again, so I am bemused why there would be 2 installs when I can see only one. Please, believe me when I say I have scratch my head multiple times and searched my entire computer as frustrating and time consuming as it was. The previous build was fine, since I downloaded the latest one I have had troubles.

5. matf1

matf1 Registered

Hey Robo,

I'm sure we can sort this out easily for you. However if you have problems with the game, you should post in technical support.
    Peter is only teasing you, but in there you're more likely to receive the support you need.

First question I have.
    When you say "My problem is that when I move the downloaded RFCMP into the packages folder, nothing happens, it doesn't move into the packages folder"
    This sounds like a windows problem and not an rFactor 2 problem... Unless you mean, you copy it in but then you don't see it in Mod Manager?

If that's the case then see the drop down menu at the bottom of the Launcher Window? Use the minus button to get rid of an old locations and the plus button to add the correct one. Refresh and you should see it.

I was also going to ask about "I have absolutely deleted and uninstalled everything rfactor2 from my computer before I installed it again" but I'll take it that you manually deleted all the left over folders?

6. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Can you explain this again please?

7. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

This ^

I've read your posts 3 times now and I have no idea what your problem is :)

8. msportdan

msportdan Banned

i know what hes saying...

simple.

open wheelers apart from the DW12 dont appear in the remote content window. I have the same thing..

9. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

This exactly, the Formula ISI 2012 is not availed in the downloads menu.

10. matf1

matf1 Registered

This absolutely misled me into thinking you were downloading manually, not through the launcher because as far as I know, you don't move(place) anything.

So easily sorted. Report your post so Tim might see it and respond. While you wait, download it from http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/rf2dl/

11. stonec

stonec Registered

None of the old "multi component" split cars appear in the remote window.

12. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

No, I did try to download it manually. On the previous build when I downloaded I could place the RFCMP into the packages folder and double click on it, it would then install for me. For some reason now it won't move into the packages folder. Sorry but I don't how to be any clearer. Since the build has the manual download process changes,mans is there a different way, or is the same?

13. AceLain

AceLain Registered

Put your RCMP into the PACKAGE folder via windows

now go to your factor2 file and click on the modMgr.exe

(Rfactor2/Bin32/ModMgr.exe)

Look to be sure that your PACKAGE DIR is the same than the one you put your RCMP

Be sure that your WORKING Directory is the good one (it is suppose to be the same as your modmgr.exe but just before the /Bin32)

look at the top, check the case COMPONENTS
    and click on MLT

Now the FISI should appear on the list.

Right click and install

Maybe you will have to use refresh before it appear

If not, click on ALL the little box (Loc VEH, SND, MLT,....) and check both MOD and COMPNENTS

if it is not appearing after that... I don't really know seriously !

14. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

http://gyazo.com/270d209e3bd73428d4bf3fb0c0bfd2e5

This is the message I get when I try to extract it. I don't want to extract it anyway I know I can't, but I want to move the RFCMP file across to the left into the packages folder, but it won't let me. This use to allow me to do this when I downloaded, however now I can't, so this is why i am a little frustrated because it is beyond me why this won't work now. At the moment I am stuck on why I can't download anything.

15. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

uh... Why you are using MAS utility?

Simply copy downloaded rfcmp - file with windows explorer to you rF2 Packages - folder and install it with launcher (box - icon on the left).

16. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

Thank you so much, finally an answer that work's for me. :) Although as I said I use to be able to simply move the RFCMP across to the packages folder from the gmotor (what the downloaded got into for some reason) into the packages. So weird, but thanks again.

17. PMC

PMC Registered

Ok so we can understand what your doing .

You've downloaded from here http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/rf2dl/ or some other source

Gone to your downloads folder and right clicked your download and selected ' cut '

You've then gone to your Packages folder in Document/rFactor2/packages , right clicked the packages folder and clicked ' Paste '

Then you opened Mod Manager , made sure you have selected to show all mods tracks vehicle ect .

Then you highlighted the mod you want to install and clicked ' Install ' .???

Seems to me this is what your trying to do , yes ?

EDIT : Good to here you worked it out

18. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

Thanks for your help. Yes this is what I was trying to do, but I think I have it now. What I found confusing what when I clicked 'copy' and moved it in the packages folder with 'paste' - the RFCMP did not stay in the packages folder, it didn't paste there at all. But I have now seen it is there in the gmotor. It was very confusing for me but thanks for your help. :)

19. matf1

matf1 Registered

...And for us considering gmotor is the graphics engine side of the rFactor suite.
    Do you mean the launcher, mod manager, explorer?

Regardless. Happy to see you can now race once more :)

20. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

You seem confused. MAS Utility is not the Mod Manager.