24H la Sarthe 2015 and rf2 bugs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Descoat, Jul 18, 2015.

1. Descoat

Descoat Registered

Hi all.

During these last couple of months preparing this race in sim-racing.org, we have had several problems: blue screen ( only in rf2 and this combination of track and cars ( URD and le Mans ), minimize rf2 suddenly, etc. We used build 942 and when we changed to 982, it was like beeing in the middle of the hell.

Today it was the great day. Al least, the race and ... when I was able to join the race ( i was waiting for all the cars in fron of me in pit lane ), rf2 minimized suddenly.

What happend? It was impossible for me to return to the screen of the race: tipical bug of rf2. We needed to restart and it was not possible to enter the race because it started.
    2 monts with days and weeks working for nothing. All my friends couldn´t join the race because one bug appeared just in the moment that it is not possible the rejoin.
    Now 32 teams are racing withut us.

My post is just to say that we all love this racing game. If we diddn´t, we were joining another one. Our league will restart the race for sure but another ones doesn´t make it.
    The question is:

When is ISI able to make at least a build without this kind of problems?. I´m really sad today, it´s normal, and I´m patient, but I´ve got a limit and some of my friends are going to think about leaving rf2 and try another ones. I can understand problems with the mods that are not official, but this bug is rf2 fault.

Hope ISI is going to understand us and which is the priority that the users want to fix first. Once it´s made, new content and another features are wellcome.

Cheers

2. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Yeah... alt + tab is to rF2 as alt + F4 is to an open program. I have not heard about this self combusting minimization though, that sounds horrible.

3. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I don't know what you on about ......"TYPICAL"

Bs it ain't typical !

Go make a molehill out of nothing and post it in the wrong forum to boot.

You are using a add on track, maybe its your server or software and you obviously don't know how to run FSW ( Fullscreen window mode ) and you blame ISI. lol :)

4. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Exactly, this is not a typical rF2 problem at all.

5. stonec

stonec Registered

Alt-tab problems are mostly from people running TrackMap and other plugins that require modified d3d9.dll, which messes something with alt-tabbing.

It's a shame if 982 works worse than 946, but it's not very surprising that you hit some bugs during 24h race. I did two of those Le Mans races on rF1, both times ended in app crash at driver switch.

6. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Being able to Alt+Tab with rF2 is hit and miss. Sometimes you can do it flawlessly and sometimes it always stops responding. But regarding the crash, what is this track? I tend to stick with what I know and what I know to be of better quality when it's a conversion, and the only Le Mans I'd trust right now is the Virtua_LM one.

7. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Yes but not only.

Zero plugins = zero Alt + Tab crashes.

When I install any plugin I start to have problems, it's black on white.

8. Descoat

Descoat Registered

Ok guys.

For your information, none of us had any plugin because it was not allowed.
    946 were the build that we used.
    And yes, we tried everything before switch off the computer. it was not possible to return to rf2 screen.

Another thing more. If you write a message, try to be more delicate, and respect. If you had this problem yesterday, I never would be very rude with you, specially when we manage a league in rf2 (racerfactor.com) since years + Euskotrack team modders. We are not noobs.

regards.

9. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

Thanks for your feedback trying to prove that there is no problem. With such a help from selfish people like you that since they have no problems think that others don't have them this annoying bug coming from rF1 times will never get sorted out.

We were not using plugins since they were forbidden for yesterday's race.

FSW does not work for some people and yes we use the same resolution in the monitor and in game. However I see the screen offset. Lower part of the screen is invisible for me and I can see the title of the window.

So please if you don't have problems with getting back from desktop to the game do not post in this thread but do not pretend it doe not exist.

I am absolutely tired of people that every time someone posts about this bug come and post the same stupid things. With people like this we will never get this bug sorted out.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 mediante Tapatalk

10. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

I've had this Alt+Tab bug as long as I can remember. Have also suffered from "magically switch to desktop" numerous times and of course unable to switch back. When it happens rF2 is running in the background as I can hear sounds and also UI is responding as can hear sounds when hoovering over buttons. It's just that graphics are not shown. Scary stuff for endurance races. So yeah it's very real and some people are affected.

My first attempt to reduce the likelyhood of it to happen was to shut down unnecessary programs before launching rF2. I think it helps but didn't get rid of the problem completely. Here's an example of .bat file which I use to launch rF2:

Code:
    @echo off

echo Closing iTunes Helper...
    taskkill /f /im iTunesHelper.exe

echo Closing Skype...
    taskkill /im Skype.exe

echo Switching into extended display mode...
    DisplaySwitch /extend

echo Loading monitor color profile for VE278Q...
    dispwin -d 2 C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\color\Dispwin_VE278Q_60Hz.icc

echo Loading monitor color profile for XB270HA...
    dispwin -d 1 C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\color\Dispwin_XB270HA_144Hz.icc

echo Starting FanaLEDs...
    start "" /D"C:\Program Files (x86)\FanaLEDs" "C:\Program Files (x86)\FanaLEDs\FanaLEDs.exe"

echo Starting rFactor2 Launcher...
    cd Launcher 
    "Launch rFactor.exe"

echo Closing FanaLEDs...
    taskkill /im FanaLEDs.exe

echo Switching back to cloned display mode...
    DisplaySwitch /clone

echo Starting iTunes Helper...
    start "" /D"C:\Program Files\iTunes" "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"

echo Starting Skype...
    start "" /D"D:\Program Files (x86)\Skype" "D:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe"

I have two displays so need to do some fiddling swapping screens as G-Sync gaming monitor needs to be primary display for G-Sync to work properly - that's why script above has DisplaySwitch commands.

However I've found working solution for Alt+Tab bug as now I'm using windowed mode (still closing unneeded software too). Previously it wasn't possible as G-Sync didn't work in windowed mode. Latest nVidia drivers added support for windowed mode - however it seems to have some bugs as sometimes minimizing a window freezes that window (and others). Windows button + M usually helps to get control back. Good thing about windowed G-Sync mode is that it doesn't seem to affect framerate. Before got G-Sync monitor windowed mode was no-go for me as framerate dropped quite lot. By the way reason why you DD don't suffer from this bug is that you've used windowed mode for ages. Anyway as was already said you shouldn't reply so aggressively. There are literally thousands of unique systems out there so consider yours as mainstream because running trouble free.

Have always thought Alt+Tab problem was caused by bug in rF2. Never thought it could have been caused by plugins (as have imagined drawing stuff is done via rF2). I'll definately try to test without plugins and then with one plugin at a time to see if can pinpoint the problem.

PS. ISI could fix the yellow temp car without lights and sounds to something more workable solution! :) Especially during night it's causing very dangerous moments as slower class cars are basically unable to detect faster class temp car coming from behind. If it's not possible to fix the problem "properly" then at least make the temp car look more like actual car (perhaps a copy of some already existing vehicle object) and more importantly having sounds and lights working. Just my two cents.

11. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Pretty much as face value, you can ignore Durge, Satangoss and hexagramme when it comes to objectivity and anything rF2 related. Same crap day in and day out.

No plugins, windowed mode, yesterday alt + tab and force stop process. Today fullscreen, SweetFX + ReShade + plugins, alt + tab in and out like it was going out of style without issues.

12. cosimo

cosimo Registered

I can confirm what KeiKei and Golanv said. Windowed mode does NOT fix the Alt-TAB problem.

I'm not 100% sure about the plugins but they don't seem to make a difference either, at least for me.

Also, to whoever still believes that only plugins that ship their own d3d9.dll cause this problem, that's just NOT true. Please don't spread false information.

I have competed in the VEC 24h of LeMans last month. You just don't want this to happen to you.

I really hope ISI targets this problem Soon(tm).

13. stonec

stonec Registered

I'm not saying every occasion of alt-tab problem is plugin related, but most cases definitely are. Even if plugins are disallowed, there's no way for you to check if people actually run them uness you have some anti-cheat client (I only know of one rF2 league that uses).

Regarding windowed mode, technically you can't alt-tab in windowed mode, as it's a window that keeps running always (same way you can't alt-tab out of Google Chrome). So it's not possible to have alt-tab problem in windowed mode.

14. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

I couldn't have said it better.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 mediante Tapatalk

15. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

That's terrible Descoat... As Cosimo, I too participated in VEC 24 H, and drove 10 of the 24 hours. I had to because we were missing a team mate who COULD NOT run the VLM track without getting a freeze up of his system within 5 laps. No explanation to why this was... Probably never will find an explanation. A few more racers in VEC had the issue and no one knows why.

rFactor 2 is not flawless at all... But when it works it's so damn good. Personally I've had almost no problems throughout the VEC season. There was one at the 12 hours Sebring but that was probably because of server overload where newly swapped in drivers would be out of sync with the server and if you were lucky it would catch up but it could take laps. So you could go from being 5 laps behind, essentially driving on your own and then you could suddenly have synced and be back up to speed with everyone else. You couldn't crash them, but they could crash into you :) I faced the consequences and ESC disconnected and rejoined and it was all good... A few laps down, but we catched back up over time.

Not flawless... Like cosimo said, you just don't want 'it' to happen to you.

16. hardtohandle

hardtohandle Registered

Its the truth! I am not going to mention any names, but there is a whole bunch of 'evangelists' or whatever you want to call them, they don't race online, they don't spend 4 hours a week cussing at mas2.exe, they don't run no leagues, they don't host no races and they don't pay out no $50 a month for servers, they don't do nothing for the RF2 community in this regard yet they are always here preaching to others who do with their meaningless waffle like they are some kind of authority on the subject! And it just causes bad blood and it's kind of irritating. We are all here for same reason just remember that.

Bad luck for Mr descoat and his team, I know the feeling very well, 3 times in fact dumped out of endurance races at absolutely huge cost of time, as with yourself. That was a while ago and them problems are fixed now.

17. Ekimelyobo

Ekimelyobo Registered

You're forgetting something....

Rfactor 2 doesn't have any bugs or idiosyncrasies. Every problem that appears is directly caused by your hardware, 3rd party software or lack of technical understanding...... Or at least that's what this rabble of gob****es would have you believe.

18. Descoat

Descoat Registered

Thanks so much for everybody who understand that we only want to see these problems fixed as soon as possible and not against ISI work. Wee need a feed back from people that really organize championships and suffer these kind of bugs, because we know that another day can affect another team and sincerelly... we all met in this community and all we are friends.

I´ve joined some events with gentleman like hardtohandle and it´s a shame that some of us can´t join races as this ( once a year ). Thanks again, keikei, Golanv, cosimo, hardtohandle and our modders team Euskotrack. Next year our wish is to see you again in 24h La sarthe if these problems are fixed. We are a great community.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2015
  19. JuanitoRPM

JuanitoRPM Registered

"TYPICAL" stupid DurgeDriven answer, like other hundreds...

My condolences to you and your team Descoat. We just finished the race few hours ago. Awesome race with a rain time yesterday night with castrophic impact for me and our team.
    I hope next year you will have more luck. And ISI will end his work with this game before jump to hiperspace...

20. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

I've just related my experience, man. Don't be angry.