[REL] DAMPlugin for rF2

Discussion in 'Other' started by Lazza, Jul 18, 2015.

1. Jokeri

Jokeri Registered

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

They look fine, the thing with the telemetry output from rF2 is it's not always polarised the way you might expect. Your setup will say your front wheels have negative toe-in and the rears have positive toe-in, which actually means your FL is pointing left of straight, your FR is right of straight, your RL is right of straight, and your RR is left of straight. (positive toe-in on the left tyres would mean they're pointing right)

Because of the axis direction a wheel pointing left has negative 'toe', while pointing right gives positive 'toe'. Hence when you turn into T1 both front wheels have negative toe, then in turn 2 they have positive, etc. The telemetry just tells you the way each wheel is pointing, regardless of which side of the car that wheel is on, so if you think in setup terms two of the wheels will seem reversed. You could always reverse those channels if it bothered you, but it makes sense on the front wheels to have them rotating together instead of in opposite directions.

3. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Started using this plugin today, used your first plugin when i started in 2013 with rF2 but i stopped at one point.

Installer worked fine, had to read twice hehe :eek:

Thanks Lazza.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

5. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Thanks Lazza, ver 0.73 works like a charm.

Cheers.

6. Magus

Magus Registered

For some reason when I run the installer it places the PluginData folder onto my desktop (Steam version, it was fine prior). My Steam games sit on a different drive than my OS. Where should the PluginData folder with the sounds be placed?

7. speedy84

speedy84 Registered

The folder PluginData is located in the Data directory here (next to the "Packages" and "UserData" folder)

Thx Lazza for updating. Very useful tool

8. Boldaussie

Boldaussie Registered

Hi Lazza, fantastic tool, ultra helpful working out where I am slow. Seems its everywhere..LOL Problem though. last plugin 0.73 will not install even after using your prog to uninstall previous. Have had no issues in any previous update installing efforts. Have cleared the registry for fresh start and manually removed all files associated. Could there be a remnant that I may have missed that would prevent the plugin from installing? windows 7 64 bit. The install gets as far as creating the plugin folder but then stalls infinitely. I hope you can point me in the right direction...cheers

9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I don't have the steam version so not sure how it sets things out. In a normal install the Core\data.path file indicates where the data folder is, but maybe that's not the case. Or the installer just went wrong somehow.

PM sent... might take some tracking down.

10. newtonpg

newtonpg Registered

Steam version here, into a non-standard drive/directory. Installer worked great!

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Well that's good and bad news... now I don't know why it didn't work above lol

Thanks though :)

12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I've included a manual install option (ie. the plugin files just zipped up) in the first post in case the handler isn't working for you.

My aim is to avoid manual installations because it's easy to get them wrong, but until I can iron out what's (occasionally) going wrong with the automatic installation I'll provide the files as well. Doing a manual install requires that you understand where plugin files (.dll) go in your rF2 installation, and you knowing where your rF2 data folder is. I'm not sure how steam does it, but the normal rF2 installer makes you set/confirm your data folder so you should know :)

13. Boldaussie

Boldaussie Registered

Works perfectly manually installed. Very much appreciated. Thank you once again.:D

14. Hmatty

Hmatty Registered

we eagerly await the update Lazza thank you ahead of time

15. newtonpg

newtonpg Registered

16. jers

jers Registered

+ me too :)

17. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

please [emoji4]

18. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Thanks Lazza.

19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Updated; no longer tied to a particular rF2 build (will work on older builds, will work on new builds in the future).

Note that if you have a previous version installed in rF2, you'll need to run the new DAMPlugin Handler program, select the game folder in the DAMPlugin Handler, Uninstall, then Install.

V0.74 link: (all rF2 builds)
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/kyba0al7yv54fso/rF2_DAMPlugin_Handler_v0_74.zip?dl=0

I was limiting this to a single build at a time to keep my options open as far as forcing a particular version in future, at least until I decided what I wanted to do with it. I've now come to the conclusion that any potential benefit (note: not money!) isn't worth the potential hassle, so from now on all versions of this plugin will work in basically any rF2 build.

There won't be any new features added to this in the coming months, but I will look at bugfixes from time to time. At some point I will get back to implementing some of the things I've been planning, especially as I (hopefully) get back to doing some more racing myself.

Confirmation this version works would be welcome :)

20. Hash

Hash Registered

Seems to work, ty great work, one small thing, where is the logs uploaded, voice ingame tells me its recording log.

(Edit:sorry first time, in LOG folder in rf2,ty)