A little confused about downloading cars and tracks

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by lurobi, Jul 16, 2015.

1. lurobi

lurobi Registered

I'm new to rFactor, so I'm probably just missing something obvious. I played the rFactor2 demo and really enjoyed the Silverstone tracks with either the F1 or the Corvette, but when I downloaded new cars they would show up in the ModManager but not in game. I purchased rFactor2 thinking perhaps I was only allowed to play that specific location in the Demo, but I still don't see additional cars, even with the "All Cars/All Tracks" box clicked.

I've installed the Clio and the Nissan GTR and the Daytona track all from the rFactor2 downloads, but none of these are visible in-game. When I look at ModManager, I see that only the F1 and Corvette and Silverstone tracks are in use by a mod, the rest are installed but have a blank "status" column -- is that why I cannot see those cars and tracks? How do I add those cars to my game?

Probably unrelated, but I wanted to note: the start menu "rFactor2" shortcut does nothing when clicked. I had to change the "Start In" folder to be "rFactor2/Launcher" rather than just "rFactor2". Before I did that I had to navigate to the launcher folder and run the .exe directly.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2015
  2. Emery

Emery Registered

When the main rF2 screen, after clicking single player in the launcher, what "Race Series" do you have listed? Have you set it to "All Tracks & Vehicles" and clicked on OK/Accept?

3. lurobi

lurobi Registered

Yeah, I feel pretty silly. I assumed when I clicked "All Tracks and Vehicles" that I was seeing an empty box with a background logo, but actually that logo was supposed to indicate the all tracks and vehicles selection.

Anyways, it looks like it mostly works now. The Clio I downloaded didn't show up but everything else is there. Thanks for the help.

4. lurobi

lurobi Registered

That's because I downloaded the safety car.

5. Emery

Emery Registered

LOL, the only reason I mentioned it was I'm ALWAYS forgetting to click the OK/Accept button when I want to flip back to All Cars & Tracks after an online session.

Okay, now that you got the silly stuff out of the way, go out and have some fun on track!

6. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Glad you got it sorted ..

I thought it might be something else as the default rf2 short cut didn't work .. theirs a thread regarding that issue as well if you do a search you can find it ..

remember you can also ' auto download / install ' alot of the xtra content right from the launcher !

from launcher hit the open box icon like you do to open mod manager then look above the content and tic the "remote content' tab check the list, select ,
    now you can do 1 click download & install's !

all the new ISI stuff is there along with some scattered 3rd party content ..