Nissan Primera BTCC

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by patrikmarek, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Here is my experimental Nissan 370z Chrome Edition. :D
    I can upload my devmode files for testing.

The reflections don't work on all tracks, because it's the job of the track maker to decide what object should be reflected and add them to the reflection mapper. You will find these settings at the end of the track scn file. The default Eissington track has no reflection at all and without reflected objects a chrome skin just looks odd.

Leftclick for full size
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. PetraGTC

PetraGTC Registered

u can? where exactly, pls pls?

3. patrikmarek

patrikmarek Registered

do I need to have full physics before the car loads in the game??

I tried running the car, just to see what I get, and what I get in-game is yellow low detail CivicBTCC like car, with cylidres for wheels. etc. looks like some sort of test car for physics,
    so that's probably because something from my car was missing, ..isn't it ?

4. CrossPly

CrossPly Registered

The big yellow car is the temp vehicle, when modding a car you usually see it when one of your gmt's or materials either fails to load, or is not found. It can sometimes be something as simple as a typo or missing texture, RF2 basically abandons your .gen file and falls back to a working default.

You might have got a little popup dialog telling you what failed. If you didn't see the dialog, I'd recommend running dev mode in windowed mode so the dialog can steal focus (plus its easier to kill RF2 if it crashes).

More info of the error should be found in the dev mode trace file at: <your rf2 path>\rfactor2\ModDev\UserData\Log\trace.txt

If the trace file doesn't exist or seems a bit lacking in info you may need to turn tracing on/up, Launcher->Settings->Developer, in the command line parameters box enter "trace=1000", hit save and restart dev mode.

Hopefully the trace file will give you a hint of where the problem is but it can sometimes be a frustrating process of trial and error to get things working, particularly when starting out. If the error in the trace file is too cryptic another good practice for finding problems is to comment out as much of the gen file as you can until the car successfully loads, then start uncommenting things incrementally until it breaks again.

Good luck.

5. Flaux

Flaux Registered

I guess I said this too soon. There is a difference in track modelling and car modelling.

When creating a track u can export the .scn file with all those entries.

By the looks of it, this usn't possible with the cars .gen files unfortunatly...(??)

6. patrikmarek

patrikmarek Registered

some errors in trace.txt

unable to find RCD file for driver of Nissan_Primera_BTCC class car
    setup.cpp 783: No RCD file for Nissan_Primera_BTCC NissanPrimeraBTCC_Regional classes
    setup.cpp 783: No RCD file for AI_ONLY Nissan_Primera_BTCC NissanPrimeraBTCC_National classes
    setup.cpp 2396: Drivers repeated for vehicles D:\GAMES\RFACTOR2\MODDEV\VEHICLES\NISSANPRIMERABTCC\TEAMS\PRIMERA_06B.VEH and D:\GAMES\RFACTOR2\MODDEV\VEHICLES\NISSANPRIMERABTCC\TEAMS\PRIMERA_06.VEH
    setup.cpp 783: No RCD file for Nissan_Primera_BTCC NissanPrimeraBTCC_Regional classes
    setup.cpp 783: No RCD file for AI_ONLY Nissan_Primera_BTCC NissanPrimeraBTCC_National classes
    setup.cpp 2396: Drivers repeated for vehicles D:\GAMES\RFACTOR2\MODDEV\VEHICLES\NISSANPRIMERABTCC\TEAMS\PRIMERA_23B.VEH and D:\GAMES\RFACTOR2\MODDEV\VEHICLES\NISSANPRIMERABTCC\TEAMS\PRIMERA_23.VEH
    setup.cpp 2396: Drivers repeated for vehicles D:\GAMES\RFACTOR2\MODDEV\VEHICLES\SKIPBARBER\TEAMS\SKIPBARBER_05.VEH and D:\GAMES\RFACTOR2\MODDEV\VEHICLES\NISSANPRIMERABTCC\TEAMS\PRIMERA_06.VEH
    setup.cpp 2396: Drivers repeated for vehicles D:\GAMES\RFACTOR2\MODDEV\VEHICLES\SKIPBARBER\TEAMS\SKIPBARBER_05.VEH and D:\GAMES\RFACTOR2\MODDEV\VEHICLES\NISSANPRIMERABTCC\TEAMS\PRIMERA_06B.VEH
    setup.cpp 2396: Drivers repeated for vehicles D:\GAMES\RFACTOR2\MODDEV\VEHICLES\SKIPBARBER\TEAMS\SKIPBARBER_05B.VEH and D:\GAMES\RFACTOR2\MODDEV\VEHICLES\NISSANPRIMERABTCC\TEAMS\PRIMERA_06.VEH
    setup.cpp 2396: Drivers repeated for vehicles D:\GAMES\RFACTOR2\MODDEV\VEHICLES\SKIPBARBER\TEAMS\SKIPBARBER_05B.VEH and D:\GAMES\RFACTOR2\MODDEV\VEHICLES\NISSANPRIMERABTCC\TEAMS\PRIMERA_06B.VEH
    setup.cpp 2396: Drivers repeated for vehicles D:\GAMES\RFACTOR2\MODDEV\VEHICLES\SKIPBARBER\TEAMS\SKIPBARBER_05B.VEH and D:\GAMES\RFACTOR2\MODDEV\VEHICLES\SKIPBARBER\TEAMS\SKIPBARBER_05.VEH
    setup.cpp 2396: Drivers repeated for vehicles D:\GAMES\RFACTOR2\MODDEV\VEHICLES\SKIPBARBER\TEAMS\SKIPBARBER_07.VEH and D:\GAMES\RFACTOR2\MODDEV\VEHICLES\NISSANPRIMERABTCC\TEAMS\PRIMERA_23.VEH
    setup.cpp 2396: Drivers repeated for vehicles D:\GAMES\RFACTOR2\MODDEV\VEHICLES\SKIPBARBER\TEAMS\SKIPBARBER_07.VEH and D:\GAMES\RFACTOR2\MODDEV\VEHICLES\NISSANPRIMERABTCC\TEAMS\PRIMERA_23B.VEH
    setup.cpp 2396: Drivers repeated for vehicles D:\GAMES\RFACTOR2\MODDEV\VEHICLES\SKIPBARBER\TEAMS\SKIPBARBER_07B.VEH and D:\GAMES\RFACTOR2\MODDEV\VEHICLES\NISSANPRIMERABTCC\TEAMS\PRIMERA_23.VEH
    setup.cpp 2396: Drivers repeated for vehicles D:\GAMES\RFACTOR2\MODDEV\VEHICLES\SKIPBARBER\TEAMS\SKIPBARBER_07B.VEH and D:\GAMES\RFACTOR2\MODDEV\VEHICLES\NISSANPRIMERABTCC\TEAMS\PRIMERA_23B.VEH
    setup.cpp 2396: Drivers repeated for vehicles D:\GAMES\RFACTOR2\MODDEV\VEHICLES\SKIPBARBER\TEAMS\SKIPBARBER_07B.VEH and D:\GAMES\RFACTOR2\MODDEV\VEHICLES\SKIPBARBER\TEAMS\SKIPBARBER_07.VEH
    setup.cpp 2315: ATTENTION: Skipping vehicle because the filename Primera_06.veh matches an existing vehicle
    setup.cpp 2315: ATTENTION: Skipping vehicle because the filename Primera_06b.veh matches an existing vehicle
    setup.cpp 2315: ATTENTION: Skipping vehicle because the filename Primera_23.veh matches an existing vehicle
    setup.cpp 2315: ATTENTION: Skipping vehicle because the filename Primera_23b.veh matches an existing vehicle
    setup.cpp 2315: ATTENTION: Skipping vehicle because the filename skipbarber_05.veh matches an existing vehicle
    setup.cpp 2315: ATTENTION: Skipping vehicle because the filename skipbarber_05b.veh matches an existing vehicle
    setup.cpp 2315: ATTENTION: Skipping vehicle because the filename skipbarber_07.veh matches an existing vehicle
    setup.cpp 2315: ATTENTION: Skipping vehicle because the filename skipbarber_07b.veh matches an existing vehicle

vehgfx.cpp 2756: Could not find instance "SLOT000"

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2015
  7. PetraGTC

PetraGTC Registered

errors in .gen file (SLOT000), and errors in .veh files (probably wrong paths to gen files, and/or other paths in the .veh file of each vehicle in the Primera Teams folder). If you want, i can get the primera ingame for you...

8. patrikmarek

patrikmarek Registered

I would definitely apreciate some help, but in the end, I do want to know where I'm making mistakes and be able to fix that, since there's more car coming ( I hope) and I don't want someone esle to always do this for me,

here is my folder ,. the car is just 1 body piece at the moment
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/dzjjonnluq7ezl6/NissanPrimeraBTCC_rf2.rar?dl=0

thanks for checking it out

9. patrikmarek

patrikmarek Registered

it's alive! :D

big thanks to PetraGTC for helpful tips

View attachment 17426 [​IMG]

for some strange reason, I don't see any specular/reflections in showroom. Reflection does work in-game, as you can see in above screenshot, but no idea why the material in showroom looks matte

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2015
  10. Woodee

Woodee Registered

showroom is a little bugged, try switching to the showroom which is the garage, reflections appear there but the car skin is a little dull.

11. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Looking really great so far. Looking forward to it. Thank you Patrik.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9301I mit Tapatalk

12. patrikmarek

patrikmarek Registered

is there any way to add officail track into dev mode? I would like to keep testing the car ( at some point) on something like Silverstone, or Atlanta , rather then oval :)

also, one small thing - the progress will be halted a bit, some work came up for AC, that I need to focus all my time on, so I will not have time to continue on this for about 3 months or so, but after that, all the work will resume !!
    in the meantime - hopefully - the situation about physics will be clearer ( either one of our guys will go with rf2, or will find someone from here to help out )

13. matf1

matf1 Registered

Hi Patrik, sorry I've not been able to be around last 36 hours or so, but very happy to see you got some expert help :)
    Yes mate, you can get all those tracks in. It just so happens that I was absent writing the doco on this thread which has a guide at the bottom for adding tracks:
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/25641-HOW-TO-Fixing-common-AI-problems-with-rFactor-2-Tracks

Unless you are like me and do everything by hand, you may also find Noel's too useful.
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/18947-MAS-file-extractor-rfcmp-Installer

14. TwoHardCore

TwoHardCore Registered

Nice to see this making it's way into rF2 with your efforts Patrik. I just read that there's a few BTCC series cars coming soon to rF2 (facebook link, sorry), and your Primera will make some good company with the ISI Honda and these.

15. patrikmarek

patrikmarek Registered

thank you guys,
    at the moment it's not sure if our physics guys will want to switch to rf2, so we shall see what happens

16. patrikmarek

patrikmarek Registered

hi there,
    sorry for not posting for such a long time here,

I think my ambitions of releasing this to rFactor2 were sadly bit optimistic. I still have way too much work for AC to handle all of these

on a more positive side of things, Primera for AC is pretty much done, or at least very close to being done, so that it could be worked on more fully
    now, original plan was for our team to handle this too, because our physics guy was interested in getting this done too! , but sadly , he has now some issue where he can't work even on AC , let alone rF2

so here is the deal!
    it woudl be a shame if this wasnt' available for rFactor2 , but I don't want to give out my stuff that easily !

so I would propose if there is a team of people willing to take this on, I would share my files with them. if they can't do the model+textures, I might be able to tweak those for rF2 , but on the other hand, if the team could do this themself, that is also an option . I would however still like to be some part of it, and also monitor the progress etc.

is there anyone with enough skills to handle this ??
    we also have the audio recording that we can use here too

so what I mostly need is someone will will make it work in rF2 ( or worst case I can do this , but it will take time)
    and more then anything else someone who will make the physics

send me pm if you're interested or reply directly here

Rui Santos likes this.
  17. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

18. zolee145

zolee145 Registered

Hi Patrik,

I sent you a pm.

19. patrikmarek

patrikmarek Registered

any updates ??