Portugal International v2.0 Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Jul 10, 2015.

1. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

One of my favourite tracks !
    Thank you very much :).

2. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Was a nice session. Good fun! I totally messed up the start. The car was rolling after the formation lap and I had to press the brake. Need more practice. :D
    In rF1 I tested every new track on a public server. It's a real pity that our small community is split into so many choices (sims) and it's hard to find a good populated public server.
    The track is spot on in my opinion. What's missing is some post processing. The textures have great detail but they look always a bit blurry (don't know if it's my gfx settings) so I use reshade (sharpen) to fix that.

Portugal has some nice features that are not so obvious at the first look. Nightracing, wet environment reflections, real road effects, terrain shader, to name a few. You see the amount of time spent into this track at every corner (in contrast to Sao Paulo which looks at some places a bit rushed). Great job by the ISI track team!

3. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

Yay! Thanks! :D :cool:

4. argo0

argo0 Registered

Utterly brilliant, thanks for the hard work, really paid off, looks and feels very life like.

5. Duvel

Duvel Registered

it's outstanding how much rf2 has matured in the last year. loving the updates, can't wait for the next few coming :)

6. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

Almost two hours with a future MOD in the track, it's great, so demanding on the controls. Very difficult to keep the rhythm with so many ondulations and bumps. Last corner is a blast !

7. yusupov

yusupov Registered

what a gorgeous track, very nice one too. saw this after playing f1 2015 the other day, instantly booted it up and was reminded that rolling like a grandma in a FR 3.5 in practice mode with rf2 is just as rewarding as winning a tightly fought race with all the effects in a simcade.

still rather have algarve!! :D

8. Emery

Emery Registered

I, too, felt the desaturation might be overdone. On the other hand, I haven't compared to real life pics, only the obviously oversaturated prior ISI version. In the end, you bet I'm gonna drive this track!

My favorite feature about the update has to be the added polygons in the T1-T3 trackside area. They really give more life to the track through there and I can feel the midday heat reflecting off the rocks.

FPS is excellent with a single car. A field of 27 AI causes FPS to drop significantly entering T1, otherwise very good around the rest of the track.

9. kimikaze

kimikaze Registered

I think desaturation is not matter of this track only, but the latest build to.

From release notes: "Adjust post-gamma"

Many tracks look a bit washed out(desaturated colors) now.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2015
  10. peterchen

peterchen Registered

..what I for one like! :)
    Maybe a matter of taste, but you canĀ“t do it right for everyone!

11. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Finally able to test it. I've done thousands of laps here. Looks great. Performance is great. Surface is GREAT. Love it. Great job.

12. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

+1 [emoji41]

13. rodger

rodger Registered

WOW since day one I have not been able to run this track " very choppy". Now smooth as hell. Great job thanks for the update.

14. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Anyone else still seeing flickering tree textures off to the left through last corner (even with super-sampling on)? I thought those would be fixed in any update. All the other reflections issues and bugs seemed to have been successfully squashed.

15. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

Nope, no flickering trees.

Sometimes it's good to revert to a default nvidia profile and use the in-game AA levels.
    If you tweaked graphics, your config.ini and cache could be messed up.

Tuttle gave some advice on this:
    A resume:
    http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/rf2-graphic-bugs-things-to-check-first.106607/

I'm using only default in-game settings, and i'm happy with the result.

There is nothing wrong with experimenting with graphics. :)
    But if you encounter "bugs" : Roll back to default and compare.

16. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Sorry if already discussed but does anyone know how I can prevent...best way I can describe it...shadows 'running' along guard rails as I drive past them?

17. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

Try bonnet view or bumper cam. See if it's better? (Just for a test)
    I think there is a difference with cockpit view compared to other views...
    Some tracks produce texture flickering: like the nordschleife. These things are much better in bonnet or bumper view.

But like most people: i want cockpit! :)

18. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

ok will do. thanks.

edit - happens in cockpit, bumper and bonnet.

19. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

with Shadows on "Max" it`s nearly gone, for me... Cockpitview, nothing else :cool:

20. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Still there. Also tried with shadow blur = quality just because. Very distracting. Cockpit view. Going to test some other tracks I guess...

Also I had textures on high for bandicam so also tried with textures at max again just because but is still there...

Edit #2 - AMP has it too but not as noticeable I given location of guard rails maybe but then I also noticed the entire patch of grass on the left after T1 'paints' the shadow. Anyone else seeing this?

I will also test a different vehicle as is Spark F2 just in case...

Edit #3 - Start time = noon and also am getting it with cobra. Will try different time of day...

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2015